Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The XR pro fairways fit my gaps better than expected so I will be keeping 3 pure wedges in my bag. Just have to decide if I want to put another season on the vokey's or switch to a set of MD3's.

My current Grandaddy ponder, at the moment anyways:

GBB
??
??
Apex 4H
Apex CF 5-AW
MD3 56
MD3 60
An Odyssey putter, possible in #9 head or a Two Ball head shape.

I wonder if more bounce in my wedges would help at all, I am digging like crazy

I kid you not, one of my divots was over tree inches deep

Pondering a range finder since the wife asked what I wanted for Christmas

No idea why, but I am digging the raw SM5 wedges through Wedgesworks.

I wonder if more bounce in my wedges would help at all, I am digging like crazy

I kid you not, one of my divots was over tree inches deep

If you are a digger more bounce will help.

Is the VSeries Big Bertha as good as the VSeries Heavenwood? I adore the HW, and I've been wanting to get the Driver.

Is the VSeries Big Bertha as good as the VSeries Heavenwood? I adore the HW, and I've been wanting to get the Driver.
Check out the review on the homepage for that one, ton of detail and info in it.

Solid solid driver.

Pondering a range finder since the wife asked what I wanted for Christmas

I brought one last month after a long argument with myself over whether I'd use / need one. The answer is YES.

I may or may not have just configured my bag for the one millionth time on callaway a website

I may or may not have just configured my bag for the one millionth time on callaway a website

Man the amount of times I have done that is almost sickening. I think I have the general construction, it will be all about the shafts, lengths, etc.

Man the amount of times I have done that is almost sickening. I think I have the general construction, it will be all about the shafts, lengths, etc.

Shafts for my driver and FW will be the biggest question. I know what I like and can't wait for the fitting to flesh it all out.

Irons are set and the shafts for those

Shafts for my driver and FW will be the biggest question. I know what I like and can't wait for the fitting to flesh it all out.

Irons are set and the shafts for those

Nothing is set for me shaft wise, every single club is up to the fitting there, going to let it riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide knowing I'll likely never get a fitting like this again in my life.

3h Callaway Apex. Need to hit it and see what distance it covers.

3h Callaway Apex. Need to hit it and see what distance it covers.

I love mine! Both two because I liked the first one so much. Reshafted both though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V-series 3 or 4wood with the CPO BOGO deal today
XR Pro AW to match the set, although it would be an extra inch longer than the rest

Nothing is set for me shaft wise, every single club is up to the fitting there, going to let it riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide knowing I'll likely never get a fitting like this again in my life.

I know it will be Recoils, which ones the fitter will definitely dictate

I know it will be Recoils, which ones the fitter will definitely dictate
What if the fitter puts you in steel and the numbers and pwrformance are just truly better? Honest Q.

What if the fitter puts you in steel and the numbers and pwrformance are just truly better? Honest Q.

Honestly it will come down to weight. In the past steel shafts have been heavier for me and have caused issues with my swing bc I felt like I had to swing harder and that was no bueno for this muchacho.

If steel is the better fit, I'll ask to get them as light as possible.

Honestly it will come down to weight. In the past steel shafts have been heavier for me and have caused issues with my swing bc I felt like I had to swing harder and that was no bueno for this muchacho.

If steel is the better fit, I'll ask to get them as light as possible.
Honest question here as well. If the fitter fits you to let's say dg s300. A 130g ish shaft. The numbers show its the tightest dispersion and best launch conditions. Do you go with that or tell him your past experience goes against it?

Honest question for all participants... If the fitting is totally different from what you found in the past to work for you... Do you go with the fitting results or attempt to sway the fitter with your past experience? The fitting is a small snap shot of your game. How you are swinging at that time. Do you trust that completely? If so how will you deal with doubts on the course? Please don't tell me that you won't have any doubts. If you been playing 95g shafts all your life and get fit to 130g or vice versa, the first bad swing and those doubts will start jumping up to bite you. Golf is very mental

Honest question here as well. If the fitter fits you to let's say dg s300. A 130g ish shaft. The numbers show its the tightest dispersion and best launch conditions. Do you go with that or tell him your past experience goes against it?

Honest question for all participants... If the fitting is totally different from what you found in the past to work for you... Do you go with the fitting results or attempt to sway the fitter with your past experience? The fitting is a small snap shot of your game. How you are swinging at that time. Do you trust that completely? If so how will you deal with doubts on the course? Please don't tell me that you won't have any doubts. If you been playing 95g shafts all your life and get fit to 130g or vice versa, the first bad swing and those doubts will start jumping up to bite you. Golf is very mental
I go with the fitting, no matter where it goes with shafts, I'm rolling with the fitter.

I go with the fitting, no matter where it goes with shafts, I'm rolling with the fitter.

I think this is the place for this post. But I'm soooooo glad the fitting is outdoors. For whatever reason, I have simulatorafobia and can never settle down long enough to make swings I'm capable of. Seeing the ball flight I'll be able to know if ball flight and distance are real. I'm so ready for that fitting

Understandable answer. Let me dig a little deeper...

Let's say your swing feels different than what you call normal. Do you still trust completely? Not the fitter... We all know these guys at ecpc are some of the best in the business. They can only judge what they see. Do you trust that the snap shot the fitter sees represents your game correctly? I mean it has to be a concern no? Especially since time constraint will be an issue.

Let me clarify that I ask these questions NOT to taint the fact that what is happening at #thegrandaddy is amazingly awesome beyond description, but to only drive conversation and to hopefully aid in keeping the minds sharp going into the event. Knowledge is always good IMO

Understandable answer. Let me dig a little deeper...

Let's say your swing feels different than what you call normal. Do you still trust completely? Not the fitter... We all know these guys at ecpc are some of the best in the business. They can only judge what they see. Do you trust that the snap shot the fitter sees represents your game correctly? I mean it has to be a concern no? Especially since time constraint will be an issue.

Let me clarify that I ask these questions NOT to taint the fact that what is happening at #thegrandaddy is amazingly awesome beyond description, but to only drive conversation and to hopefully aid in keeping the minds sharp going into the event. Knowledge is always good IMO
That's why you talk to the fitter during the process. In the end though, I'm going with what they recommend, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back