Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to ask that, is the Surface Pro a real replacement for a laptop? I will be in the market for a new laptop/tablet soon.
I use it everyday as a replacement. I'm not going back, and recommending our reps ditch their laptops too.

I think so. I still use a MBP for now, but this Surface is crazy fast.
Cool, what is the keyboard like? Is it that flimsy plastic thing? That's where I might have an issue, something about an actual keyboard that I like not sure why.

Cool, what is the keyboard like? Is it that flimsy plastic thing? That's where I might have an issue, something about an actual keyboard that I like not sure why.

Its thin, because it has to be, and feels thin until you start to use it. Im using the Surface Pro 4 keyboard and love the spacing and such.

Its thin, because it has to be, and feels thin until you start to use it. Im using the Surface Pro 4 keyboard and love the spacing and such.
Interesting, I think I need to just go to Best Buy and try it out. After the experience I have had with Windows 10 on an old laptop Surface Pro is definitely on my radar.

My phone has rebooted probably 10 times in the last week. I blame ddec for giving it the bad juju.

Maybe I'll switch soon. Blackberry? Samsung? Apple?! Might need to be best camera.

My 6s has rebooted...zero times today.

I am crazy interested in the V10 though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an iPad Air that I might consider dumping. Let me know.

If that's the case we can make that work and let Santa get my son a less expensive tablet for Christmas lol

If that's the case we can make that work and let Santa get my son a less expensive tablet for Christmas lol
LOL! Man Santa is a cheap guy! Haha!

That's all in good fun but the Fire tablet might be worth taking a look at for him. On the cheaper side and there is a kids version that adds a nice case around it for $99 bucks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LOL! Man Santa is a cheap guy! Haha!

That's all in good fun but the Fire tablet might be worth taking a look at for him. On the cheaper side and there is a kids version that adds a nice case around it for $99 bucks.

Ya we saw one of those at wal mart the other day. And that's even better because I get gift cards for wal mart through work haha

Ya we saw one of those at wal mart the other day. And that's even better because I get gift cards for wal mart through work haha
Haha perfect and there is a 2 year warranty with it. Quoted from Amazon, "If they break it, we'll replace it. No questions asked."

I have spent zero times looking at the V10.
Same here but just took a quick look. Defiantly worth looking into more.

Same here but just took a quick look. Defiantly worth looking into more.

I agree.

I am intrigued.

Heading to Best Buy tomorrow to check out the iPad Pro. Dont want or need, but want to check it out anyway.

I agree.

I am intrigued.

Heading to Best Buy tomorrow to check out the iPad Pro. Dont want or need, but want to check it out anyway.

iPad Pro is officially on the ponder list. Let's just say I love what I do for a living! I get new toys when they come out! Haha!

I just read a couple of reviews for the V10. They were pretty good. Both said they were up in the air with the camera which is actually a deal breaker for me. I need a pretty good one on my phone because I won't break down and buy a nice one! Haha. Still worth a look though and comparison with the Turbo 2.

This comment was pretty funny. Looks like a pretty sweet phone beyond this.

I don’t often talk much about smartphone speakers unless they are exceptionally good or deserve to be smashed with a hammer because I never really felt like they were that important or that big of a selling feature. With the V10, I’ve never been so close to grabbing a hammer and getting busy. It’s bad enough that LG went with a single, bottom-located speaker, but the fact that they put this bad of one in there is kind of shocking. It gets quite loud if you need it to. Unfortunately, even at moderate volumes, the distortion, crackling and ear-piercing shrieks are enough to give you an immediate headache. Now, I know that most will use headphones for media needs and only use the external speaker for incoming calls. Still, I can’t tell you the last time I heard a flagship smartphone speaker that was this insulting to an ear.

watch out on vizio smart tv's. they collect a ton of data about you and send it to marketing companies. also quality is VERY hit or miss. they basically assemble TVs from leftover parts from other manufacturers.

http://www.propublica.org/article/own-a-vizio-smart-tv-its-watching-you

http://www.vizio.com/privacy/

I don't know enough on the whole topic to really discuss anything but a little research shows how poor that article is. Our cell phones watch us far more than our TVs.

In fact, almost every piece of technology watches us

This comment was pretty funny. Looks like a pretty sweet phone beyond this.

That made me laugh! Which review is that from?

Just giving a heads up. Not sure why you think that article is "poor".

You can opt out of sharing "personal" info but not "anonymous" info. Vizio doesn't consider your zip, IP address and websites you visit "personal". Google and others of course try to collect this info, but they give you a service in return. You've already paid Vizio for the TV and they're giving you no consideration after sale for your valuable data.

Non-Personal or Anonymous Information. We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We consider this Non-Personal or Anonymous Information. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. Examples of Non-Personal Information we collect, use and share include the IP address you use to connect your Internet-connected products, your ZIP code, the online services you visit, as well as information about your VIZIO product such as MAC addresses, product model numbers, hardware and software versions, chipset IDs, and region and language settings. We also collect information about the products you request or purchase, the presence of other devices connected to your local network, and the number of users and frequency of use of VIZIO products and services. VIZIO also collects Anonymous Information regarding customer activities on our websites, on Internet-connected products and services, and on VIZIO's Internet store.

The article is slightly misleading in some areas. The comments are really pretty good to read on both sides.

I don't know enough on the whole topic to really discuss anything but a little research shows how poor that article is. Our cell phones watch us far more than our TVs.

In fact, almost every piece of technology watches us

Everything watches us. Google and Microsoft are the worst. Just a little tip if you are a Android or Chrome user and you use the voice search function just be aware that Google keeps that in your history. You can review it and listen to what you asked Google to do for you.

http://webtrickz.com/how-to-view-history-of-your-google-voice-searches/

Do you use Waze or Google Maps? Well if you do you can review all of your travel history as well. Just remember Google bought Waze a while back so all of that info is now shared.

http://trendblog.net/cant-remember-last-night-google-location-history-can-help-you/

But I digress back to the electronics!

watch out on vizio smart tv's. they collect a ton of data about you and send it to marketing companies. also quality is VERY hit or miss. they basically assemble TVs from leftover parts from other manufacturers.

http://www.propublica.org/article/own-a-vizio-smart-tv-its-watching-you

http://www.vizio.com/privacy/
My Vizio isn't a smart TV but it has been great, a few years old now. The only issue I had initially was the volume would spike between commercials and the shows. Found the setting to turn this off but it took a little while.

Not sure if the data thing is true or not, Def something to look into but I think for the price paid, the quality has been great for me.

A year or so ago, I went out to buy a larger TV but didn't for some reason or another.

Today I may do so...
Last night watching TV, the sound spiked while turning on the TV for a second or two.
This is the first time this has happened, might be an over reaction...

My Vizio isn't a smart TV but it has been great, a few years old now. The only issue I had initially was the volume would spike between commercials and the shows. Found the setting to turn this off but it took a little while.

Not sure if the data thing is true or not, Def something to look into but I think for the price paid, the quality has been great for me.
I have one of the Vizio high end TVs from a few years ago. Great picture, decent sound from the built in speakers, but had problems synching the sound from my Verizon stb when you first turned it on. Sometimes it would take a few minutes, sometimes I'd have to turn it on and off a couple times for it to finally work. Didn't have this problem with Comcast. Googled it and found that it was a problem with certain models due to the format of the audio being sent out by the stb and the limited format the Vizio could accept. Not sure if this is a problem with newer models. Love it regardless.

Post via Taptalk

Excuse may be a better word.

Social media (apps), phones, tv's...whatever has access to the world has always tracked what you do. One can not get away from it unless you unplug and that is almost impossible today. Down the road it will even be worse I'm afraid but one can take steps to limit what goes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back