The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That division is going to be good next year I think. They need quite a few pieces, they have $ though.

They have $, but there are hints that the spending may not be as free as some would think/hope.

Word around the campfire is that they wont be in play for any top tier guys....
That is not exactly comforting right now considering the state of their Minor League system.

Yes it really is.. Need Lackey to accept that qualifying offer or we will be in the market for a pitcher I would imagine

It isn't an ACL though.. He got TJ so UCL
Got the CL part right...lol

I would be really surprised if Lackey took the QO after his success in 2015. At his age, I think he will want the security of at least a 2 or 3 year deal. I think someone will be willing to give him more than 1 year at 13 - 15 million AAV.

Got the CL part right...lol

I would be really surprised if Lackey took the QO after his success in 2015. At his age, I think he will want the security of at least a 2 or 3 year deal. I think someone will be willing to give him more than 1 year at 13 - 15 million AAV.

Oh I know. the QO is actually 15.8 million, but I imagine someone would give him 3/30 or so. I just hope it isn't the Cardinals.

What good is a Gold Glove award if you don't give it to the best defensive players? There is no way Brandon Crawford is a better defensive SS than Andrelton Simmons.

But in order to see that, you'd have to watch the 2015 Atlanta Braves and I wouldn't have wished that on anyone.

Crawford hit 24 HRs. Simmons had 4 I think. That's why he won....

I assume you are joking right?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for some voters. While gold gloves should be solely based on defensive performance that is t always the case. Lots of times guys that should have won didn't and guys with better offensive stats have

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for some voters. While gold gloves should be solely based on defensive performance that is t always the case. Lots of times guys that should have won didn't and guys with better offensive stats have

It is a popularity contest by and large but like I said based on defensive metrics fielding bible defensive war etc only one real surprise in Brandon Crawford and it was actually pretty close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man looking at the top 25 free agents there isnt a whole lot of offense available which means teams will overpay for the few guys there are and that means nada for the tribe

Man looking at the top 25 free agents there isnt a whole lot of offense available which means teams will overpay for the few guys there are and that means nada for the tribe

Chris Davis
Jason Heyward
Yoenis Cespedes
Alex Gordon

Not anything amazing.. and I agree, seeing the proposed contract for Chris Davis is absurd.

Chris Davis
Jason Heyward
Yoenis Cespedes
Alex Gordon

Not anything amazing.. and I agree, seeing the proposed contract for Chris Davis is absurd.
Especially after the egg he laid in 2014.

Id love gordon but it aint happening. Maybe a zobrist

Especially after the egg he laid in 2014.

Id love gordon but it aint happening. Maybe a zobrist

I would love zobrist in STL, he can play everywhere, but not for the $ he will get. I have heard 5/100+ tossed around for Gordon which makes me laugh

I would love zobrist in STL, he can play everywhere, but not for the $ he will get. I have heard 5/100+ tossed around for Gordon which makes me laugh

Well at that price NO WAY for the tribe lol

Oddly enough one oif the articles I read locally suggested the Cards need a bat bad enough to eventually sign Davis

Well at that price NO WAY for the tribe lol

Oddly enough one oif the articles I read locally suggested the Cards need a bat bad enough to eventually sign Davis

If they don't get Heyward I imagine they will be firmly in the running.

Andrelton to the Angels

Andrelton to the Angels

Just read about it. For Aybar and 2 pitching prospects. Will be interesting to see what the Braves final product will be at their 2017 target date when they move in the new stadium.

Just read about it. For Aybar and 2 pitching prospects. Will be interesting to see what the Braves final product will be at their 2017 target date when they move in the new stadium.

A bunch of prospects

Seriously Braves? I understood some of the moves going on but Simmons is unreal at SS and you ship him off for Aybar? I watched Aybar play with the Bees...

Another down year for ATL next year

The Simmons trade was a shocker. I figured he would be a centerpiece for the braves rebuilding. I get Hart wanting to get pitching prospects but giving up a solid SS for an aging one an prospects seems like a lot, but he did $2.5 mil from the angels

Braves are just being innovative and preparing for a 12-Man starting rotation. They haven't figured out the part about who covers the rest of the field.

Given the years of control, I don't understand why Simmons had to be traded right now, but it sounds like the two prospect pitchers in this deal will be major league ready this year. Aybar is just a one year fill in, and the Braves have a young kid Albies that they think can make the jump late this next season or by 2017. Definitely clearing out the future payroll obligations, if only I trusted them to spend wisely next winter.

The Official 2015 MLB Thread

We Angels fans are excited to have Andrelton but not happy about giving up the pitching they did. Newcomb is top notch and has fast tracked his way through the lower/middle minors. No prospect is a guarantee but he is about as close as you can get. I would expect him to continue working in AA/AAA and get a taste at the end of the year, then in 2017 claim a rotation spot.

As for Aybar, that guy is awesome. Tiny drop in defense for you guys, can handle a bat and his contract expires after this year.

We Angels fans are excited to have Andrelton but not happy about giving up the pitching they did. Newcomb is top notch and has fast tracked his way through the lower/middle minors. No prospect is a guarantee but he is about as close as you can get. I would expect him to continue working in AA/AAA and get a taste at the end of next year, then in 2017 claim a rotation spot.

As for Aybar, that guy is awesome. Tiny drop in defense for you guys, can handle a bat and his contract expires after this year.

I agree with all of this minus the tiny drop in defense. You are going from the best defensive SS in the MLB to just a little above replacement value defense

I think it is a better trade for the Braves than some think. Much easier to hide an all glove no bat SS in the AL than the NL. It will all depend on the how the pitching prospects pan out.

Read an article that Carlos Carrasco was almost traded to the Blue Jays before the trade deadline. Wondering if that means they are willing to part with him for acquire hitting? I sure hope so as we have pitching depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back