The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back at the course during lunch today. This session was only dropping balls around the green from different spots and lies and then playing the up and down game. Only out there for an hour, but I feel like my touch around the greens is the best it's been all year.

A great session tonight, worked on shortening my backswing while tucking my right elbow, and starting the downswing with my right hip, and it lead to some great ball striking with my irons. Then, I switched to my PM grind and worked on some target drills. Finally switched to my putter and worked on alternating 8 foot and 25 foot putts to work on distance control. Going to continue working on my backswing changes until they become second nature, because I really think they'll help with some of my recent problems.

It sounds like you are enjoying your new course! Good to hear!!

Really enjoying it. Its close so i can pop in and hit some balls, putt then take the changes to the course for 3 to 4 holes.

Lunch break for and an hour of short game work. Working on trying to get up and down with AW and 56 today. Dropped 26 balls around the green in various spots/lies. Anywhere from 5 to 30 yards out. I'd hit them and then go putt out, scoring 1 point for every up and down (or 2 points for a hole out). Rinse and repeat. The Ohio weather is still cooperating quite nicely. I have lunch meetings the rest of the week, so sadly this will be my only lunch session this week. Do have 18 planned on Wednesday though.

8f8e31cb4d3504659360eb9c34ac5728.jpg

A lonely morning on the range. But, it's the first time in weeks that I've felt well enough to practice. Maybe I can find some tempo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8f8e31cb4d3504659360eb9c34ac5728.jpg

A lonely morning on the range. But, it's the first time in weeks that I've felt well enough to practice. Maybe I can find some tempo.

Good to hear your feeling a little better!

Good to hear your feeling a little better!

Tailbone is healing nicely. Neck and shoulder is still a little bit of a problem. But, we'll get it right. Thanks partner.

Took the new irons and hybrids out to the range for the first time. I played them on Sunday and was definitely not in sync (for as in sync as a newbie can be, lol). Was just cycling through them to get a feel for them. I really like them. Much better weighted than the starter set I had and the hybrids sound great when you hit them properly. Now for a new Driver and I'll be all set!

I went to my driving range today before I had to take my dad to his doctor's appointment. Hit a lot of quality shots and used my new Nikon laser range finder to find out how far I hit each club. The range finder is probably the best purchase I have made this year. I worked on working the ball in both directions. After that, I went to the practice green, and chipped and putted until my heart was content. Then to finish off my time, I went and hit some more balls to the 100yd marker. Very nice weather here in Florida. Pictures to come soon.

I spent a couple hours today at the range, the entire time I focused on smooth and eliminating the dreaded slide. Posting up on my forward leg and feeling the turn.

Towards the end I started toying with hitting a soft fade. Much more work needs to happen so I'm comfortable with hitting it on demand.

I spent a couple hours today at the range, the entire time I focused on smooth and eliminating the dreaded slide. Posting up on my forward leg and feeling the turn.

Towards the end I started toying with hitting a soft fade. Much more work needs to happen so I'm comfortable with hitting it on demand.

With your swing, you can hit any shot you want dude.

It's a confidence thing...which means it's mental....and well I'm a midget when it comes the mental

Hey GRN, that fade is so much easier to do as I'm sure you know this. Right now, I'm working on hitting a draw. As you said, just trying to get it to work automatically.

swimg looked really solid today. I saw you hit lots of balls with almost the same flight and path. None of the pushes we saw last time out or in previous range sessions.

very true. This dude has game and it's just a matter of doing it.

It's a confidence thing...which means it's mental....and well I'm a midget when it comes the mental

Going away from your normal shot will take time but in the couple swings today you are close to being able to hit it when you want.

Just in time for winter hahaha

Spent some time rolling putts indoors tonight on the birdieball. Probably rolled 100 or more. Both the young ones were also participating, so it also helped me practice blocking out distractions, lol.

Went to the range today, hit 100 balls off the mats. Mostly 7 irons. No wind at all so most went 150 to 155 yards although one went 170 yards. Sunny 80 degrees.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Left work early today to get some short game work in. Chipping and bunker shots for an hour. Then hit the range, 56* and "51*". Quotes because there is not much difference in distance between the two - gonna get them checked out.
Driver - custom shaft and flyZ head, didn't have a draw today. Nice distance, kinda low flight. Dispersion was really good, as expected.
Putting for about 1/2 hour., the Cure got itself tuned up.

Hit my irons pretty well today. Not ideal weather but it was sunny so it wasn't too cold. The pre shot routine I have been using is really helping me hit my target. I try to pick a target and hit it 10 consecutive times and I was able to do that twice today with a 6i and a 9i. That made me happy. Still lots of work that can be done but it felt good to go out there with a purpose

Hit my irons pretty well today. Not ideal weather but it was sunny so it wasn't too cold. The pre shot routine I have been using is really helping me hit my target. I try to pick a target and hit it 10 consecutive times and I was able to do that twice today with a 6i and a 9i. That made me happy. Still lots of work that can be done but it felt good to go out there with a purpose

Always always always practice with a purpose my dude. Going to the range to beat balls without a purpose in your mind is a waste IMO.

Always always always practice with a purpose my dude. Going to the range to beat balls without a purpose in your mind is a waste IMO.

There are days where I do without a plan and my only purpose is to clear my mind and hitting balls is about the best way for me to reset my brain lol but you're right. There's not much time left for me until I go to California so I can't be wasting any swings

There are days where I do without a plan and my only purpose is to clear my mind and hitting balls is about the best way for me to reset my brain lol but you're right. There's not much time left for me until I go to California so I can't be wasting any swings
Oh I totally get the clearing the mind range sessions! But you gotta bring it in a few weeks my dude! You got lots of game little extra work over the next couple weeks and you're going to be a hell of an opponent for anyone!

Still getting used to my new clubs. Took the kiddos to the range today and we froze our butts off! It was cold and windy even with the garage type doors closed behind the range booths. I still have the Driver from the POS set I bought at first, and really need to change it out.

Practiced Saturday with my instructor and trackman seeing the numbers change with swing changes was really cool and deflating at how bad my initial numbers were. Shutting the club face so terrible the everything was left of left spin out of control and distance sucked.

Worked through it and got my swing to a satisfactory point for now much work still left to do. Good news is I got my angle of attack in the + realm consistently which really dropped the spin, LA and increased distance(carry) and actually saw roll out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back