Do You Know Your Angle Of Attack?

Last time I was measured was at the ECPC, I have not idea what it was now

I know for the driver I am around +2 to +3. I don't know where I am with the irons or wedges.

Not only do I not know mine, I don't even know what it means.

Found out today mine is +3*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No , but I do keep track of what I shoot score wise on the course. If I continue to make some pars and birdies everytime i play than being steep or shallow doesn't really matter to me

Driver: 0 - +3
Irons: -2 - -6
Wedges: -4 - -8

No clue. But I'm sure it's not where it needs to be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have a clue what my angle of attack is. What I am certain about is that I learned how to control my trajectory and spin 35 years ago before ever hearing the term "angle of attack". The more experience I have with launch monitors the less desire I have to ever use one again. Paralysis by analysis as a wise man once said.

There are many guys at my club that know exactly what their AOA is. IMO, they they spend too much time with a launch monitor/full swing and not enough practicing their putting and short game. I've been at my club over 5 years and most of them I've never seen use the practice bunkers that are right next to the main putting green. It's fun to take their money while they chase launch numbers.

No idea. Im not quite sure what it means?

I have no idea.

I have an idea. But I can't tell you the exact number.

No, but guessing it's pretty steep given the ball flight I often see.

No idea

Not only do I not know mine, I don't even know what it means.

The AOA is one of the most influential parts of the golf swing to determine where the ball will go and how far.
In general terms it is the direction the club head is moving when it makes impact with the golf ball. So when you are hitting a ball off the ground with your irons, negative AOA can lead to ball first contact. When hitting a ball off a tee, positive AOA is preferred to maximize distance.

Hope this helps.

Nope, no clue whatsoever

Last I check it was on the negative side but I have worked hard to bring it into the positive

earlier in the year during a driver ffittimg it was negative something maybe-1.5 I believe.

My AOA with driver is between +2 and +5. I am fairly stable in this range.

Irons is -1 to -5. We are working on shallowing out my divot. So this range may grow tighter. About the only time I hit balls is on trackman and AOA is one of the numbers I play closest attention to.

My last lesson my driver was -3 to -4. I got it to -1 once but still can't get to a positive AoA no matter what I did that day. My swing gets goofy when I try to get a Positive number. I hang back on my right foot and and don't transfer my weight properly. I end up losing more distance and missing farther right.

If I remember correctly both of the iron sets I was fit into were around +1/+2..

I honestly have no earthly idea.

Nope and couldn't even make a reasonable guess.

Sure do. It's between +2 & +5 it took a lot of hard work to get there from between -2 & -5. My carry distance increased so much because of it.

Sure do. It's between +2 & +5 it took a lot of hard work to get there from between -2 & -5. My carry distance increased so much because of it.
Should add this is with a driver.

Steep...not sure of the exact degrees though. i need to change that.

Back