THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

True fact: Jeremy's first THP outing was being on the winning side of the Shootout. He has experience beating Ohio. Great attribute for our captain to have!

THP Outing Shootout? I don't remember that.

Silly tyler april fools day is still 6 months away

Oh that's good. Plenty of time for you to get to work on your game to spare yourself some embarrassment. But only some.

You were too cool to come up for the day. :alien:

It was tagged the Great Lakes Shootout.

We even have awesome koozies provided by Michigan's now-captain.

I've gotten to know a few of the Ohio guys recently and despite that, I'm still rooting for them! :alien:

Looking forward to the teams!

You were too cool to come up for the day. :alien:

It was tagged the Great Lakes Shootout.

We even have awesome koozies provided by Michigan's now-captain.

Oh is that the one where Michigan had Ohioans on the team? #DontThinkThatWillWorkForThisEvent :alien:

It was an outing that originated for friends, by friends on THP.
Not a THP sanctioned event, there were no signups or anything like that.

You WERE invited, and had something going on as I recall.

If your attempt was one of sarcasm, or A joke, aimed at my buddy Rob, I apologize.
(The intent of typed word isn't always easy to decipher).

I for one can't wait to see how else this will shake out, and cheer on my Michigan brethren!

Two good dudes!

It was an outing that originated for friends, by friends on THP.
Not a THP sanctioned event, there were no signups or anything like that.

You WERE invited, and had something going on as I recall.

If your attempt was one of sarcasm, or A joke, aimed at my buddy Rob, I apologize.
(The intent of typed word isn't always easy to decipher).

I for one can't wait to see how else this will shake out, and cheer on my Michigan brethren!

I guess the real question here is, would I have played on team CanaMichihio or team Ohio?

Good to see the captains picked. Looks like this great event is taking shape

Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan

Oooh, I dunno man. Admitting to be a buddy of mine might not be good for your reputation here on THP. might want to rethink that.

Oh is that the one where Michigan had Ohioans on the team? #DontThinkThatWillWorkForThisEvent :alien:

Yes sir, your memory serves you correctly.

Oooh, I dunno man. Admitting to be a buddy of mine might not be good for your reputation here on THP. might want to rethink that.

You're good people! Anyone who takes the time to get to know you would say exactly the same thing!

Mikedean444 has a nice ring to it

Two great choices. Jeremy was my first THP event partner and I am sure he will do well in this roll and I can move to MI if you need some AC members to fill out a roster.

Then there are 3. But with me possibly getting moved out of Texas by the end of the year, I need to pick one of these two teams. I DO have a team that I favor. We'll hold that thought for a bit though.
There's only 1 logical choice here.

Texas.

Man, come on with these posts. I see the emoji but let's be honest.. We define the way we are perceived around here. Same goes for the comments of last night. Your bed, you make it.

....This experience would be SOOOOOO much more enjoyable if Michigan could stop with the reacting and start with the funning.

New Rules:
1 - Stop taking everything seriously
2 - COME ON! STOP TAKING EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY.
3 - Dish it out, and take it back
4 - Support your boys
5 - ENOUGH WITH THE WOE IS ME OR WOE IS MY STATE!

Man, come on with these posts. I see the emoji but let's be honest.. We define the way we are perceived around here. Same goes for the comments of last night. Your bed, you make it.

....This experience would be SOOOOOO much more enjoyable if Michigan could stop with the reacting and start with the funning.

New Rules:
1 - Stop taking everything seriously
2 - COME ON! STOP TAKING EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY.
3 - Dish it out, and take it back
4 - Support your boys
5 - ENOUGH WITH THE WOE IS ME OR WOE IS MY STATE!

At it root, this is a golf outing amongst friends. Maybe trash talk should just not be a part of THP. People get their feeling hurt to often and too easy. Or maybe we can have the butt hurt invitational at the end of each year.

At it root, this is a golf outing amongst friends. Maybe trash talk should just not be a part of THP. People get their feeling hurt to often and too easy. Or maybe we can have the butt hurt invitational at the end of each year.

It's not even the hurt feelings that's the problem. It's the inability to drop ANYTHING. That poor dead horse has taken a pounding

You can trash talk me and call me hillbilly and I will still smile :D

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

It's not even the hurt feelings that's the problem. It's the inability to drop ANYTHING. That poor dead horse has taken a pounding

Well, let's try to put the fun back into this event. Two great northern states, as great as they can be. A golf course, summer hours and some sort of golf format. Laughs, grinding, one ups, two downs, dormies and closed out. Now we have to choose teams.

I'm backing OHIO!

FK is wise

Ok Dan, let's make two things clear here.

1. Self deprecation is a tool I rely on often for humor. If you think I lose sleep at night as to how I am perceived on an Internet forum, you know nothing about me.

2. Last summer myself and other area THPers chose to go to Branson over going to the Cure event. The sheer amount of butthurt coming from the Cure event attendees and organizers has been staggering. Simply evidenced by the reactions to what was a JOKE about it in reference to RR is just amazing. So if there is anyone who needs to stop taking things seriously in all this, or learn a lesson in taking it as well as they dish it, I think you need to look the other way in this.

So now that this is all out in the open, let's get back to fun.

Last edited:
What's the best thing about Ohio?

-Knowing I don't live there. ????

Back