2019 Presidents Cup captains

teed-off

Reaction score
Handicap
Title of thread asks the question, Tiger Woods for team USA and Ernie Els for Europe. This will be fun to watch. Remains to be seen who is picked for each team, can't wait,...thoughts?

I don't mind it, but it just feels too early for Tiger to be captaining international teams. Hell he's still got several years of playing on them in him (hopefully).

I can see Tiger if he remains healthy and playing well being a playing captain. Not sure if there ever has been one in either Ryder Cup or Presidents Cup history. Someone here probably knows.

I can see Tiger if he remains healthy and playing well being a playing captain. Not sure if there ever has been one in either Ryder Cup or Presidents Cup history. Someone here probably knows.

Arnold Palmer was a playing captain in a Ryder Cup at one point, I don't know if there have been any others without using google.

Inaugural year of the presidents cup had a playing captain-according to press conference today.

I like the idea of a contemporary captain, certainly won’t hurt ratings.

I don't mind it, but it just feels too early for Tiger to be captaining international teams. Hell he's still got several years of playing on them in him (hopefully).

I agree that captaincy is typically after a player is no longer expected to make the team, but I think Tiger as a playing captain would be a great draw for the event.

Kind of like @Puttin4Bird being a playing captain for Team Hackers in the 2018 Morgan Cup!

2019 Presidents Cup captains

Title of thread asks the question, Tiger Woods for team USA and Ernie Els for Europe.

If the big easy was captaining a team from Europe, this event would be a lot closer than it has been
Will be interesting to see how Tiger does as a captain though considering how poor he was as a team player.

#FiberLaunch

Back