Playing golf when not feeling well......

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Went o El Pollo Loco last night for din. Only thing my Wife didn't have that I had was some salsa. At home an hour later I got that sweet taste in the mouth you get prior to chucking it up. Went to bed at 9:00 and got up twice to yell Ralph. Got to sleep for good around 3:00 am and figured golf that morning was out. When I got up I felt a little better, not 100% though. Kept the light breakfast down, got dressed and headed for our 7:52 tee time.

I wasn't feeling too good but piped the drive on #1, hit the green on the second shot. Played very well but putted poorly, 2 one putts and the rest 2 putts for 34 putts. Ball striking well consistently great.

Lesson learned today was "swing smooth, watch the clubs hit the ball before looking up and take what you get". Looking forward to tomorrow's golf and repeating the smooth swing of today.

I've always played better than normal after being sick. I think it has something to do with me not wanting to force shots and making smooth and easy swings. Who knew after all these years my dad was right when he kept saying "swing easy and the ball goes farther and straighter"?

Nahhh, grip and rip baby!!!

I don't recall playing while being that kind of sick, but I've played hungover a few times. I put up an 81 at a THP event after wishing that I had about three more quarts of Gatorade on the first tee. It doesn't always work out that well though!

I don't recall playing while being that kind of sick, but I've played hungover a few times. I put up an 81 at a THP event after wishing that I had about three more quarts of Gatorade on the first tee. It doesn't always work out that well though!

Hungover NEVER seems to go well for me!

Nope, playing hung over just doesn't get it. Today I played feeling a little better but still weak due to a chicken noodle soup & lots of water diet. I hit the ball well again too. I will remember this smooth swing from these days of playing ill & weak and keep playing it. I read a book many years ago by J. Boros titled "Swing smooth and hit it hard". After all the years since reading the book, I'll finally use this smooth swing.

Back