Different wedge set up?

JDW3

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone play a different wedge set up (grind and bounce) depending on the course they're playing?

Most courses in my area are fairly firm but there are a handful of courses around that are a little softer and I was thinking about picking up a different wedge or two that would be better suited for softer conditions.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Not yet, but thinking about it.

Nope. Have a pretty neutral setup so haven't had any issues

Does anyone play a different wedge set up (grind and bounce) depending on the course they're playing?

Most courses in my area are fairly firm but there are a handful of courses around that are a little softer and I was thinking about picking up a different wedge or two that would be better suited for softer conditions.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I usually keep one really low bounce high loft wedge in the arsenal for when we hit hard pan time around here.

Interesting thought and one that I had about those on the pro circuit, but didn't really translate it down to us normal folk. I'm sure some do it though!

Nope. I keep the same wedges no matter where I'm playing.

Since I carry 4 wedges, I usually have a low bounce that I use around the green and high chip shots. My highest bounce wedge is 12* which I use out of sand.

May depend on how wet it is on the course and whether my present grind has too much relief for those conditions since I'm usually 8-10 of bounce - but if you have a lot of grind relief, that will reduce the bounce and may/will cause a dig in the wet.

I switch out my highest bounce wedge when i play some of the harder courses in my area. I've learned through experience it just doesn't work on hard clay =)

my wedge make up is designed in a way that I have a low, a mid and a high bounce wedge, that gives me all the versatility I need

I play the same wedges on all courses.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't but have been thinking about doing that lately.

I subscribe to the Dave Pelz theory and mix up bounces on my 4 different wedges with the PW being a higher bounce for rough and such. Definitely want one wedge with really low bounce as others have stated.

I do not change wedges for different courses, but might consider it.

Never change out, mine are pretty versatile on all conditions.

Back