rogt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OK members so help me out here I am looking for some games to play for Golf coming up.
I was trying to get a total of eight guys during this outing, but ended up with six. So we’re only going to play in 3 person groups. We have played the game Wolf in the past but I was wanting to see what else is out there to make it interesting for a three-person group.
Lets here some suggestions.

You can do snakes on each green, sandies, closest to the pin, some form of stableford, low net, low putts

dots is a fun game, regardless of how many players you have

What’s dots?

multiple variants but you get a point(dot) for various achievements, you guys can decide the things that can give you a point, but here is a list.

Gir
closest to pin
longest drive
par
birdie
eagle
HiO
sandie

Chicago can be fun if everyone has a handicap. You start with a number of points based off of your handicap

http://golftips.golfweek.com/mean-play-golf-chicago-style-20233.html

Also qualify can be a fun one, again need a handicap on it. Could also play net skins for the entire group because that keeps some mystery on what score you need (don't just have to beat the guys in your particular group, have to beat the 3 guys in the other group as well).

I play "Chips" a lot with my buddies. Get yourself blank poker chips. On one side you write what you hit/get and the other a denomination(usually +/- $1). Each player will hold their respective chips until the last putt of the round drops. Whatever you are holding at that time you owe or collect. You can also buy the game online. It's called Vegas golf. It's a lot of fun passing the chips around throughout the round.

-Tree (-$1)
-Sand(-$1)
-Water(-$1)
-Cart path (-$1)
-CTP(closest to pin on par 3's) (+$1)
-Birdie(+$1)
-Eagle(+$3)
-Chip in(+$2)-must be a putt off the green or an actual chip in
-1 putt(+$1)
-3 putt (-$1)
-Fu*k Chip(-$1)- only if said after a poor shot. Once in your cart go nuts.
-Bev Cart(market price)- you get it by being the farthest from the pin on the last par 3. If the bev cart comes around and you have it you buy a round.

OK members so help me out here I am looking for some games to play for Golf coming up.
I was trying to get a total of eight guys during this outing, but ended up with six. So we’re only going to play in 3 person groups. We have played the game Wolf in the past but I was wanting to see what else is out there to make it interesting for a three-person group.
Lets here some suggestions.

I play "Chips" a lot with my buddies. Get yourself blank poker chips. On one side you write what you hit/get and the other a denomination(usually +/- $1). Each player will hold their respective chips until the last putt of the round drops. Whatever you are holding at that time you owe or collect. You can also buy the game online. It's called Vegas golf. It's a lot of fun passing the chips around throughout the round.

-Tree (-$1)
-Sand(-$1)
-Water(-$1)
-Cart path (-$1)
-CTP(closest to pin on par 3's) (+$1)
-Birdie(+$1)
-Eagle(+$3)
-Chip in(+$2)-must be a putt off the green or an actual chip in
-1 putt(+$1)
-3 putt (-$1)
-Fu*k Chip(-$1)- only if said after a poor shot. Once in your cart go nuts.
-Bev Cart(market price)- you get it by being the farthest from the pin on the last par 3. If the bev cart comes around and you have it you buy a round.

By far one of my favorite games!

Sent from HTX

Nines is a great 3 person game.

There are 9 points available on every hole. You take the score on the hole (if you're playing with handicaps, you take the net scores). The 9 points are split among the 3 players in the group on every hole.

Outcomes would be like below:

Player A (4) - Player B (5) - Player C (6) = Player A (5 Points) - Player B (3 Points) - Player C (1 Point)
Player A (4) - Player B (4) - Player C (5) = Player A (4 Points) - Player B (4 Points) - Player C (1 Point)
Player A (4) - Player B (5) - Player C (5) = Player A (5 Points) - Player B (2 Points) - Player C (2 Points)
Player A (4) - Player B (4) - Player C (4) = Player A (3 Points) - Player B (3 Points) - Player C (3 Points)

You would assign points a monetary value... typically $1 or $0.50 for each point. At the end of the round, you add up the points. Highest gets paid from both of the other players... middle pays highest and gets paid from lowest... lowest pays both of the other players.

It's a fun time and really hard to get 'killed' if you're playing at $0.50 per point unless you literally finish last on nearly every hole.

- Chuck

When we only have three in the group we usually play 6 - 6 - 6.

Holes 1-6 = Player A vs Player B & C
Holes 7-12 = Player B vs Player A & C
Holes 13-18 = Player C vs Player A & B

A wager is set for each set of 6. If the player by themselves wins they are paid by both of the other players. If the single loses he pays both of the other players. We play this on top of our normal skins game. Can be lucrative if you are on your game!

There are 9 points available on every hole. You take the score on the hole (if you're playing with handicaps, you take the net scores). The 9 points are split among the 3 players in the group on every hole.

Player A (4) - Player B (5) - Player C (6) = Player A (5 Points) - Player B (3 Points) - Player C (1 Point)
Player A (4) - Player B (4) - Player C (5) = Player A (4 Points) - Player B (4 Points) - Player C (1 Point)
Player A (4) - Player B (5) - Player C (5) = Player A (5 Points) - Player B (2 Points) - Player C (2 Points)
Player A (4) - Player B (4) - Player C (4) = Player A (3 Points) - Player B (3 Points) - Player C (3 Points)

You would assign points a monetary value... typically $1 or $0.50 for each point. At the end of the round, you add up the points. Highest gets paid from both of the other players... middle pays highest and gets paid from lowest... lowest pays both of the other players.

It's a fun time and really hard to get 'killed' if you're playing at $0.50 per point unless you literally finish last on nearly every hole.

- Chuck

This is a great game that i play with my buddies all the time when we don't have our 4th, we pay $10 per side to,the one kith the most points on each side.

- Chuck

9 point is one I always play with the other pga pros at my work. It’s competitive if we all have a good day but sometimes my game doesn’t show up or someone else’s that’s when you can get killed

Sent from HTX

3 putt hot potato type.. everyone puts up 5 10 20 etc, first to tee off starts with the money, but if you 3 putt it goes goes to the next person. Motivation to never 3 putt

2nd is a beer stroke, on 4 or 5s if you finish your beer between tee off and sinking the putt you take a stroke off haha

These are great suggestions guys. Thanks. Have 4 days of this so will play quite a few of these games.

Back