Play it where it lies?

I tee it up when in the fairway, and toss it into the fairway when in the rough. Then tee it up.:angel:

I play by whatever rules the pro shop posts for the day. Play the ball down(as it lies),preferred lies fairway only or winter rules(move it everywhere).

I've seen plenty of guys move it out of lies they don't like.

FWIW, our old pro used to tell us to always play the ball down even off season. He said playing preferred lies only made you a weaker player.

Cart path you’re allowed to move it anyways if it obstructs your swing/path/club :) no common sense or judgment needed. Just following the rules haha

Depending on who you play with and the situation, they don't care, you are playing it. I've taken an unplayable because of it. And yes, karma came around.

That is just wrong. :banghead: How can they tell someone - "Nope. Can't take free relief from cart path, even thought the rules of golf strictly state 1 club length free relief & no penalty". That would tick me off if I had to play with someone who didn't know how to apply the rules correctly.

Unless I’m in jeopardy of breaking/damaging a club or hitting a tree root and possibly causing injury, I play it as it lies.

I don’t get free club replacement and not playing for $$ so I’m prudent when it comes to hurting myself or my clubs.

This sums it up for me.

Golf is a hobby, not what pays the bills. Therefore I remove rocks around the ball, give myself a club length when it's near roots, and every once in a while move out of a divot (in fairway) or footprint (in bunker). If I am in a money game or tournament, I'll call the penalty on myself for the above and move on. If it's in a casual round, I don't really care.

In the winter, I play winter rules, especially as it relates to mud on the ball or bunkers (that are often times washed out).

That is just wrong. :banghead: How can they tell someone - "Nope. Can't take free relief from cart path, even thought the rules of golf strictly state 1 club length free relief & no penalty". That would tick me off if I had to play with someone who didn't know how to apply the rules correctly.
Probably one of the reasons I don't play with that guy anymore. Long story short, he was inconsistent. Plus, we don't all play nice manicured courses. Our cart paths are sometimes rock and grass and it's kind of blurred.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Try to play it as it lies, unless there could be damage done to myself or the club.

There's nothing wrong with protecting yourself and your clubs, tree roots are dangerous, but you should always take a stroke for the unplayable lie, if not then your score and HC don't really reflect the player you are, sure it's a casual round but I think most like to discuss their scores with a level of seriousness, so if you want have a real HC to stand by play by the rules and the rules don't offer free relief very often.

There's nothing wrong with protecting yourself and your clubs, tree roots are dangerous, but you should always take a stroke for the unplayable lie, if not then your score and HC don't really reflect the player you are, sure it's a casual round but I think most like to discuss their scores with a level of seriousness, so if you want have a real HC to stand by play by the rules and the rules don't offer free relief very often.

Ehh, to each their own. Handicaps are no more a reflection on a player than asking them how far they drive the ball. You want proof, play with them and see for yourself. Plus, moving a ball half a foot to avoid potentially breaking a wrist doesn't have a big impact on a handicap, it just represents some semblance of sensibility.

Same goes for footprints in a bunker etc. Bad luck doesn't define skill level. If I am playing a casual round and I see something unfair (especially due to the carelessness of others) with one of my regular partners, I'm encouraging a free drop or rake and place. This game is about enjoyment as much as it's about integrity.

Ehh, to each their own. Handicaps are no more a reflection on a player than asking them how far they drive the ball. You want proof, play with them and see for yourself. Plus, moving a ball half a foot to avoid potentially breaking a wrist doesn't have a big impact on a handicap, it just represents some semblance of sensibility.

Same goes for footprints in a bunker etc. Bad luck doesn't define skill level. If I am playing a casual round and I see something unfair (especially due to the carelessness of others) with one of my regular partners, I'm encouraging a free drop or rake and place. This game is about enjoyment as much as it's about integrity.

Thoughts on ball in divot?

I change depending on time of year and conditions of the course

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I play it where it lies. But...if it's dangerous or whatever, I will take the unplayable drop and penalty.

Thoughts on ball in divot?

depends on how many divots I've been in already that day lol.. Honestly, I don't care what people do with that and I won't take their handicap less seriously if they don't feeling like hitting one shot out of them a round. It's not a component of the course design, it's wear from other golfers. No different from me offering to pat down a giant spike mark in the green that is sitting in someone else's line.

In the winter, I play winter rules, especially as it relates to mud on the ball or bunkers (that are often times washed out).

Im obviously aware of winter rules in the fairway, but not aware of winter rules in bunkers. What are they?
Unless it’s gonna damage a club, I’ll play it as it lies.

#FiberLaunch

I play it where it lies unless it's going to severely damage my club.

Im obviously aware of winter rules in the fairway, but not aware of winter rules in bunkers. What are they?
Unless it’s gonna damage a club, I’ll play it as it lies.

#FiberLaunch

A washed out bunker would be marked GUR by a tournament committee.

Some competitions play it were it lies...locals we roll it in the FW, free drop from bunker foot prints. I like the roll it in the FW, after all its ment to be a good lie!

I play it down except when my health is in jeopardy or there is a potential for breaking a club. I may only move my ball once or twice a year.

Play it as it lies unless club damage will occur. More so on playing it as it lies is the challenge to see if I can pull the shot off from the crappy lie.
In my Wednesday night golf league we are allowed to fluff the lie everywhere it lies. If everyone else is going to do it I may a well do it.

I typically play it as it lies. I’m the type that wants to play closely to the rules and wants to know what my score truly is. However, I don’t mind others playing how they like... as long as they don’t play by different rules and the talk mess if they beat me.

I play it as it lies unless there is risk of damage to my club or me. I don't get free clubs and I don't get paid to do this.

I play 99.9% of the time no competitive or handicap ... so I will move accordingly.

I usually play it as it lies unless it will cause damage to my club or myself. Been there and done that already!

During my early stage of playing golf , my caddie often pick up my ball and put it at flat green because she wanted me to hit the ball very well , so she can go home quickly.... lol

i play a lot of public courses where conditions can be a bit rough at best sometimes. As long as its not in a hazard Ill roll it to a piece of clean turf. If its a match I will ask first. But with nothing on the line,, roll it.

Back