Play it where it lies?

dthogey

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you play the ball where it lies every time? Do you give it a little fluff now and then when you have a really bad lie, or do you fluff it up every time?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I plead the 5th :alien:

I will generally play it where it lies unless it makes "common sense" to move the ball? What qualifies as a "common sense" move? Removing ball from divot in fairway. Moving away from tree roots/cart path or rocks. Away from a swing where I may fall in water.

That being said, I could not care less what others do with their lies.

Unless I’m in jeopardy of breaking/damaging a club or hitting a tree root and possibly causing injury, I play it as it lies.

I don’t get free club replacement and not playing for $$ so I’m prudent when it comes to hurting myself or my clubs.

Winter = fluff lie
Summer, playing season = play everything down .... and fluff it when you're not looking! :act-up:

99.999% of the time I play it where it lies. Unless I’m not playing a hdcp round and the potential for injury or club damage is there then I’ll move it

Do you play the ball where it lies every time? Do you give it a little fluff now and then when you have a really bad lie, or do you fluff it up every time?

Depends on if it is just casual or for money/competition. I'll gladly move my ball in a non competitive round if that lie may scuff up my club (rocks) or be up against a tree/root.

I play lift clean and cheat about half the year or any time CPO

I'll move it away from a tree root or off rocks but that's it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Tournament round, it is playing it as it lies unless i am entitled to relief. If I am playing skins with my buddies on the weekend, if it is on a rock/root I will move it just like I tell my friends to. No reason to get hurt or damage a club IMHO.

Unless I’m in jeopardy of breaking/damaging a club or hitting a tree root and possibly causing injury, I play it as it lies.

I don’t get free club replacement and not playing for $$ so I’m prudent when it comes to hurting myself or my clubs.

This is me as well.

Play it as it lies, a good score feels so much better when one follows the rules and the spirit of the game.

This right here.
Winter = fluff lie
Summer, playing season = play everything down .... and fluff it when you're not looking! :act-up:

Noted.

I will generally play it where it lies unless it makes "common sense" to move the ball? What qualifies as a "common sense" move? Removing ball from divot in fairway. Moving away from tree roots/cart path or rocks. Away from a swing where I may fall in water.

That being said, I could not care less what others do with their lies.

Tournament round, it is playing it as it lies unless i am entitled to relief. If I am playing skins with my buddies on the weekend, if it is on a rock/root I will move it just like I tell my friends to. No reason to get hurt or damage a club IMHO.

This in the summer.

Winter is a different story altogether.

In our league we are allowed to fluff. Frankly I could care less either way. On my own I try to play it as it lies but won't damage my club or myself.

Roll in the fairways, down in the rough unless it a rock or root. Fairway should = a good lie.

This is my answer as well. Not worth damage to clubs or self.

Ditto

Sent from HTX

I don’t mind moving the ball in the fairway if the lie is bad. Why be punished for a bad patch of grass. I only move a ball in the rough due to rocks or roots, but I take the stroke for it.

Like quite a few others, I'll play it unless there's potential danger to me or my clubs. If it's winter, I may move it once in a while or lift, clean, place a mud ball.

I try and play it as it lies as much as I can. I stupidly once even played a pitch off a cart path. Since then, I move if I’m at risk of hurting myself or damaging a club. Given how much I’m in the woods, that’s more than you’d think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea what you are talkin' about? :)

Depends on if it is just casual or for money/competition. I'll gladly move my ball in a non competitive round if that lie may scuff up my club (rocks) or be up against a tree/root.

+1, 99% every thing as it lies.

If I'm in an event or tournament I'm playing it as it lies. When I'm out with buddies 99% of the time I'll play it as it lies unless there is a rock or something that could wreck my club.

Back