I hope they preform better than the previous version for the folks who play them! I don't play them and don't expect too. I know there are haters out there like with everything else and I am not one cause I am not his target market with my funds/income and I am fine with that. As with anything there are higher priced items for everything. I don't drive a $50,000-90,000 car, mine is only about $15,000 and I am fine with that. :)

Now if I ever came into that kind of funds and was in the market to get new clubs, I would at least like to demo them to compare them to others before I made my purchase but that is just common sense to try all possible clubs that may fit your likeness/head style/game or whatever you want to call it.

They are saying an increase of 1-2mph ball speed in the gen2, larger sweet spot improving accuracy and forgiveness and the size has allowed them to improved on feel and sound. I liked the gen1 and were some of the best irons I tried last year. I’m curious about this release.

I played 18 today and shot an 84, put some Gen2's in my hand I might shoot an 84. Nice clubs, but I'm obviously not the target consumer for these. It's not a matter of affording the clubs it's just being realistic.

I will never get past the screws, I have bins of them in the shop and do not want them on a golf club. The shear number of them just takes them over the top for me.

From those that have hit or play them, are they actually doing something for weight placement /adjustment or just for the look?

Have a partial set of 0311 and a set of 0311XF in 5-PW -- happy I have the Gen 1 XF - less offset than Gen2 and plenty forgiving. If I were doing it again, I'd look at Rogue or another Callaway iron offering. Having played them for 3 seasons now, they are good irons, feel great, look great at address, but not the be all, end all.

If you buy them from a custom fitter, you will pay more than $400 per irons as a fitter will have better shaft options.

But the Gen 2 look great, epecially the P. But still, I'm not putting out $450 per iron for an excellent graphite shaft. $375 per was too much for the last 3 irons. Paid a lot less 3 yrs ago.

PXG Gen 2 irons

Aloha Golf has PXG irons and I’ve hit them several times. I don’t have any hard data, but personally I thought they felt terrible. Obviously feel is totally subjective, but based on that alone there is no way I’d game them. The Gen 2s look great for sure, and as far as the price goes, it’s been said plenty, but Parsons knows what demographic he’s targeting so good on him. I just know they’re not for me!

I have no respect for Parsons, his business (any of them), or his equipment. He objectified women and sex to sell godaddy ads, then wants to try to be the crusader for women of the LPGA...makes him a hypocrite in my opinion. He isn't selling anything that hasn't been done by Taylormade and others, yet wants to sell it at more than double the price just to try to create an air of superiority and exclusiveness. I think that every time he sells a set at those prices, he helps to drive the price of other equipment up as well.

I think these look great and you could easily build a great combo set. The gen1 performed excellent for me when I tested them and hope they build on that in this release. Unfortunately they are way above my pay grade.

I am pretty much over the origins of the company and Parsons as a whole. Honestly I've been pretty hypocritical about it considering how little I care about the origins of some other companies.

At the end of the day, my preferences rise and fall and I am kind of over hating on PXG. I hit their irons last summer on the range and they were obnoxiously straight. I still don't think the value is there for the price, BUT, they are pretty fantastic and I am excited to try gen2 if I ever see a set.

I am pretty much over the origins of the company and Parsons as a whole. Honestly I've been pretty hypocritical about it considering how little I care about the origins of some other companies.

At the end of the day, my preferences rise and fall and I am kind of over hating on PXG. I hit their irons last summer on the range and they were obnoxiously straight. I still don't think the value is there for the price, BUT, they are pretty fantastic and I am excited to try gen2 if I ever see a set.
Same.

Price is what it is, more gear at any price is good for all.

I want to hit these, pretty badly.

I laughed at how straight I was hitting them. I tried them on 2 different occasions and it was the same both times.

I laughed at how straight I was hitting them. I tried them on 2 different occasions and it was the same both times.

I laughed, then I pouted a bit, then I laughed again and shrugged it off. 5 iron laser beams.

I laughed, then I pouted a bit, then I laughed again and shrugged it off. 5 iron laser beams.

I couldn’t believe how soft they were too. I probably had the i20 expectation for feel and was shocked how much better than that they felt.

Still kinda prefer to drop $2500+ on a scotty than irons but that may change later this year now that I have my super rat

I couldn’t believe how soft they were too. I probably had the i20 expectation for feel and was shocked how much better than that they felt.

Still kinda prefer to drop $2500+ on a scotty than irons but that may change later this year now that I have my super rat

It's hard, man. 2,500 is a low end number for a formerly 3k Rat, and that's going to hold for a while, whereas the dollar sink into irons is basically gone right after you spend it.

If they were 65-75 cents on the current dollar, I'd probably own a set and not think twice.

It's hard, man. 2,500 is a low end number for a formerly 3k Rat, and that's going to hold for a while, whereas the dollar sink into irons is basically gone right after you spend it.

If they were 65-75 cents on the current dollar, I'd probably own a set and not think twice.

Yeah and even though the used market is still high on the PXG it's not close to how well a scotty holds up and the PXG irons don't move nearly as quick. Fortunately I'm happy with my irons and won't be looking to switch until later this year at the earliest.

Yeah and even though the used market is still high on the PXG it's not close to how well a scotty holds up and the PXG irons don't move nearly as quick. Fortunately I'm happy with my irons and won't be looking to switch until later this year at the earliest.

I don't see an iron ever sniffing the dollar retention of a putter, especially a milled putter. Sucks, but that is our reality as consumers.

Not of fan of Parsons, but as Dan and James said above, hating brings in a hypocritical factor....but I have really liked these irons since their first release. I have only hit them once (a 7 iron from a guy playing them during a round that asked if I wanted to try it......ummmm yes!)....if money was no object I would have a set

think the problem with these clubs are, while they are great looking and hit the ball very well, so do the sets like cf16 , ap 2/3 and p790's....and objectively on launch monitors I bet they all hit it them about the same...so its the subjectivity factor that you are paying the extra 2K for, which is fine if thats what you're into....at 1500 a set I'd prob give them a try but not at 3K.

I think parsons has it all wrong, I think he'd make more money by selling them at 1500 a set cause you'd prob increase volume by 10 fold....jmho.

Ferrari would sell a lot more cars if they were only $30K as well.

Sometimes high margin, low volume is much more lucrative.

Was curious if there were further updates from anyone who has tested/gotten fitted with the gen2s. Not much information out there from hands-on impressions yet.

And, at the risk of alienating folks, could we please leave folks' opinions on Bob/their impression of cost out of it? It seems to pop up on every PXG thread.

Was curious if there were further updates from anyone who has tested/gotten fitted with the gen2s. Not much information out there from hands-on impressions yet.

And, at the risk of alienating folks, could we please leave folks' opinions on Bob/their impression of cost out of it? It seems to pop up on every PXG thread.

My fitter didn't have them in yet. From what I've seen from the media and others who were invited to PXG to demo them recently everyone added a couple mph over the gen1 and said they feel even better

I think cost is a concern but it doesn't have to be done in a negative way - it can be balancing.

Do I want to keep one set of irons for 5 yrs to amortize the cost at $400 X 6/7 irons - $2400-2800. Over 5 years, that $500 or so per year - doesn't sound bad if you play 100 rounds per year - $5 per round? Doable!!

Can I realistically do that or do I want to purchase the latest and greatest every year? Or maybe I am the fortunate one who thinks he can recoup much of his investment and sell every 2-3 yrs and get the next PXG set?

With graphite shafts, I can't imagine a Gen 2 being softer feeling - it would be a marshmallow, and I don't like marshmallows any longer. The 4-5 yds extra? Not enough for me to get excited about - I will wait for Gen 3 ... not ... maybe ... let's look at it again.

There comes a time when some of us can't amortize $3500 or so for 6 irons and we find something comparable. My fitter was selling a lot of Mizuno Hot Metals for guys who could not afford PXG - fairly comparable performance. Of course 3500 over 5 yrs is 700/yr over 100 rounds is only $7 per round -- AGAIN -- Doable!!

Hell, why aren't we all playing PXG's for $5 per round!

Time to order, gentlemen!

I've got to call Frank (Viola) and get on eBay and sell my XF's and 0311's.

$5 per round! Let's go ... Honey, have I got a deal of the century!

Last edited:
^^^

Next day...

"What are these papers, Hon?"

"I want out of this deal. Sleep with your golf clubs."

"Well, they are softer than a baby's bun... "

Last edited:
I'd love to hit these, but I won't, because then I would want them.

^^^

Next day...

"What are these papers, Hon?"

"I want out of this deal. Sleep with your golf clubs."

"Well, they are softer than a baby's bun..."

haha. That made me laugh. Heading to their HQ for a fun time in a couple of months since I couldn't make the media event. Should be interesting, and have a fitting scheduled at Club Champion in a couple of weeks for THP. Dont expect it to unseat my gamers after a brief test last time, but pretty excited to get fit again. Always educational.

haha. That made me laugh. Heading to their HQ for a fun time in a couple of months since I couldn't make the media event. Should be interesting, and have a fitting scheduled at Club Champion in a couple of weeks for THP. Dont expect it to unseat my gamers after a brief test last time, but pretty excited to get fit again. Always educational.
Can't wait to see what the club champion data spits out, would be even cooler to see it next to the badass honma's.

Back