emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m sure some will complain about the price jump to $400/club but with no upcharge on any shaft which iirc is about 105 they offer as well as free spec checks and adjustments and low costs for fixes it’s not really that bad imo from the $325-350 of gen 1. They also have a ton of fitting vans now that are fully stocked like HQ. Fittings are usually free or part of the purchase price and from what I’ve read take 1-2 hours with no issue if one goes a little longer.

They’ve added a 4th set moving into the SGI category and changed the name 0311 to 0311P. The look has changed some too which I like.

https://www.pxg.com/en-us/clubs/iro...il&utm_term=0_e6699a3aae-21d8de331a-226074993

I am a pxg fan. Never owned them but have 2 buddies that do and I’ve hit everything except the driver. If I were going to be a new set I would consider these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SGI's look like PING irons for sure. I think if Parsons wasnt such a D i would look at these offerings differently. But $400/club makes a set for me $2800 and thats too comical

The SGI's look like PING irons for sure. I think if Parsons wasnt such a D i would look at these offerings differently. But $400/club makes a set for me $2800 and thats too comical

Most of us here aren’t his target market and that price isn’t one that makes sense for anyone with tendencies to not keep clubs for an extended period of time. That said they are really good clubs and the straightest irons I ever hit on a day with a not so good swing. Even at their price they are still on my ponder list and $2400 for 4-9 if I play them for 2+ years the cost for ownership makes it more appealing.

I love the comparison chart of their irons about 3/4 of the way down the page on the link above. I wish every manufacturer would do this. It gives a great detail & visual perspective of the different irons.

Fortunately there are WAY too many options that IMHO are just as good that are less than half the cost of these irons. I would love to consider getting a set (cause they do look beautiful) but when I could go buy 2 other sets of irons and have some extra for a new driver, I’ll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the comparison chart of their irons about 3/4 of the way down the page on the link above. I wish every manufacturer would do this. It gives a great detail & visual perspective of the different irons.

I agree with this. Great comparison chart indeed. Still too rich for my blood to even look at, but I'm sure they are popular with the target market.

I definitely like the looks of the 0311T and 0311P models.

I really like the specs and the looks of the irons, that said, cost wise and considering that I like new things, I couldn't justify making the jump to these clubs. I do like the different options that these clubs have.

not bad looking at all

Man, I want some of the players irons.

think the problem with these clubs are, while they are great looking and hit the ball very well, so do the sets like cf16 , ap 2/3 and p790's....and objectively on launch monitors I bet they all hit it them about the same...so its the subjectivity factor that you are paying the extra 2K for, which is fine if thats what you're into....at 1500 a set I'd prob give them a try but not at 3K.

I think parsons has it all wrong, I think he'd make more money by selling them at 1500 a set cause you'd prob increase volume by 10 fold....jmho.

think the problem with these clubs are, while they are great looking and hit the ball very well, so do the sets like cf16 , ap 2/3 and p790's....and objectively on launch monitors I bet they all hit it them about the same...so its the subjectivity factor that you are paying the extra 2K for, which is fine if thats what you're into....at 1500 a set I'd prob give them a try but not at 3K.

I think parsons has it all wrong, I think he'd make more money by selling them at 1500 a set cause you'd prob increase volume by 10 fold....jmho.

Parsons doesn't care about any of that though, he wants to be different, brash, and in your face. Pricing where they have definitely does that.

Man, I want some of the players irons.

I like them and the t. Could easily game either

I have gamed all but the p790 and these imo are better feel, sound above ap3 and cf16 and in my experience a lot more consistent frintvto back and laterally than cf16. It would be a hard call between these an ap2 as imo ap2 are the best irons in that category.

Could he sell more at $1500 sure. But he isn’t looking to sell to the masses. It’s all about exclusivity and marketing to the players that don’t care about spending money on items that others don’t or can’t have. He has done pretty well with the marketing and sales under current model. They’ve outgrown their first large hq, have something around 170 employees and a bunch of mobile fully stocked fitting bags around the country. What I will be curious to see is how many guys who bought irons in the last year to 18 months upgrades. I would expect those that bought in the 18+ month range probably will.

Honestly, Parson's in so wealthy, I think he is losing his behind on this venture. But I also don't think he cares, this isn't about money, this is about his nature and not appealing to the masses, but creating a premium brand through pricing and perceived performance and notoriety.

Last edited:
Parsons doesn't care about any of that though, he wants to be different, brash, and in your face. Pricing where they have definitely does that.

Pricing in todays market is weird. By making PXG clubs a premium he sets himself apart and becomes more desirable. Even if they perform 99.9% the same as their competitors. I think if PXG was the same price as the others they wouldn't be as popular.

Some of the Players Irons look so good. I'd love to try them one day.

I don’t hate the looks. The price is another story. They do look good though.

Honestly, Parson's in so wealthy, I think he is losing his behind on this venture. But I also don't think he cares, this isn't about money, this is about his nature and not appealing to the masses, but creating a premium brand through pricing and perceived performance and notoriety.

Iirc he hit the Black last year.

Mmm, yeah, for that price I'd rather own 2 sets of @newlevelgolf irons. I'm definitely not in the PXG demographic.

I heard a hour long interview with Parsons awhile back...he is entertaining Ill give you that...but if he is truly about what others have said above, then he should just charge 5K for a set and it would be even more exclusive am I right?...cause guys that can afford 3500 can afford 5000 too for most part...and pros certainly aren't paying for anything.

For guys like Parson its all about ego...and egos get stroked more when you see your name on clubs used by millions not 1000....jmo.

maybe even at 2000 I'd give them a shot.

I hope they preform better than the previous version for the folks who play them! I don't play them and don't expect too. I know there are haters out there like with everything else and I am not one cause I am not his target market with my funds/income and I am fine with that. As with anything there are higher priced items for everything. I don't drive a $50,000-90,000 car, mine is only about $15,000 and I am fine with that. :)

Now if I ever came into that kind of funds and was in the market to get new clubs, I would at least like to demo them to compare them to others before I made my purchase but that is just common sense to try all possible clubs that may fit your likeness/head style/game or whatever you want to call it.

That's kind of what I was thinking. The XF line reminds me a bit of the i25 and the newest line looks like one of the older G lines.

I also agree price is obscene. I find it interesting the SGI clubs are the most expensive.

There's no way I could ever afford a set but I would like to try them out someday. I think it would be interesting to see what that kind of money gets you compared to the other brands.

Their demographic wants them to be expensive. There are about 20 guys at my club that play them and $3,200 for a set is not that expensive compared to their other golf expenses that can easily add up to $20k per year.

Back