Philly

Reaction score
Handicap
All-

I do realize the only way to know is to hit them....but would love so input before I start even considering a change.
Im ~15.5 index, comfortably carry my 5i 195 yards, hit it high, lots of spin....inconsistent (Left, right, long short)

I have the 714AP1 (5i-52*) and have liked them. Plenty long, and cover up many a bad swing.

718AP1 look nice and I think I would like to go back to a 4i as I have not loved hybrids.

Are the improvements in the 718 line noticable enough to warrant considering the change? My guess is probably not...how much better do irons get in 2 generations....but would love so input

Imo 714 was an ok release across the board from titleist and 716 was a good improvement and now in 718 they have done another good job at improving. I think you will see an improvement with 718

I’d upgrade in a heartbeat on looks alone. The 718 AP1 is a gorgeous looking iron and doesn’t have the clunky appearance (IMO) of previous versions.

#FiberLaunch

I recently went to a fitting and was honestly surprised to find that I was hitting the AP3 better than the AP1. My handicap is higher than yours and I was not expecting that result. It was still not the club I ended up at the end of the fitting but just wanted to suggest that try the AP3 out. It may surprise you.

Back