myndcraft

#TheGauntlet 2015 Champs
Reaction score
Handicap
Driving
Hey folks I haven't really bought clubs used before so I'm wondering what I should be looking for / asking when dealing?

If you saw my WTB post you know I'm looking for an Epic Sub Zero and someone on another site reached out to me. The price is right, the club looks good to me and he's well respected there, but it's still enough cash that I'm trying to be sure I have my bases covered. For not a whole lot more I could pickup just the head brand new, but since I won't be needing this shaft was thinking I might be able to sell it and lessen my overall cost.

Wj8isCV.jpg

tTWkr94.jpg

ZqmMEbY.jpg

PfdLE6S.jpg

Thanks

Looks good in those pictures. I always want to see plenty of detailed pictures when paying more than about $50 for anything. Definitely pay via PayPal goods and services so you have some protection if the item is not as depicted in the pictures or if anything else goes wrong during the transaction.

Another vote for Callaway Pre Owned. Guaranteed authentic, reasonably priced, fairly quick delivery. It’s a great place to buy gear from.

#FiberLaunch

My only thing with CPO is I can get a new head (which is all I need) for the same price as a “like new” with shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My only thing with CPO is I can get a new head (which is all I need) for the same price as a “like new” with shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I will say that CPO “like new” is almost always Mint, sometimes actually still in the shrink wrap new.

If you’re not worried about the seller, and it’s a better deal I don’t see any reason to not purchase.

Let me quickly share an experience with Callaway Pre Owned...

In late 2016 I was wanting a new putter and settled on an Odyssey Versa Tank. Probably like $200 new but found one in “very good” condition on CPO for $125 and jumped on it. It was indistinguishable from a brand new club out of the box.

Fast forward to fall 2017 and I’m liking the putter but a little annoyed that the mesh insert face is starting to peel off...apparently an issue Odyssey had with those. I emailed CPO and asked for advice on repairing it...special glue, technique, if I should take it to a club builder, etc. About two days later I get an email back with a shipping label attached and a note telling me they had retrieved my purchase info and were refunding me the entire $125...on a one year old club with plenty of bag chatter because I had lost the head cover. No problem they said...you shouldn’t have to be getting an expensive putter repaired after only a year and we want you to have your money back. I was floored.

Back