SeeMore Putter fitting review - sorry, it's a bit long

DucatiGirl

Stoked for RWC2019
Reaction score
Handicap
My Height
Sorry, it's a bit long (my mother was a lit teacher):
Had the brilliant opportunity to visit the SeeMore world HQ in Franklin, as it's only a little over 2 hours from home. A little background: I played a bit 15 years ago, but was never anything spectacular. I'm returning to the game, and just bought a set of Callaway Solaires, which came with an Odyssey off set mallet putter with a 33" length that was just all kinds of wrong to me. (I'm sure it's a perfectly good putter - just not for me.) I happened to see a Rosemark grip in the local store, which led me to SeeMore, but when I went to order a center mount blade, the order form asked all kinds of important questions about lie and loft and things that I didn't know how to answer, and I didn't want to spend $200+ on a putter without knowing all those things, so I made an appointment with Cody for this past Wednesday.

I admit to a ton of nerves, I was super nervous walking in. It takes a bit of courage to be the girl walking into a male dominated sport (luckily I worked in the motorcycle industry for 7 years, so this was much easier), but it also was a case of worrying about wasting this company's time with my (re)beginning ways. I can't hit very far, but remember having a pretty decent short game, so bringing my lack of knowledge to one of the top putter companies in the country? I was a bit intimidated. I probably even looked terrified - I'll have to find out...

But Cody and the guys at SeeMore were nothing but kind to me. Cody was so patient, took a look at my wonky putter, and listened to what I tried to tell him without knowing how to use club fitting golf lingo. He asked me about things like feel and weights and I was lost, but he tried different approaches, and I putted and kept putting everything he put in my hands until eventually we came to the answer. It was really cool to watch him work too - I need to watch him fit someone else, when I wasn't so nervous, as I love gadgets and he had some cool ones. It was as much a coaching session as a club fitting, and Cody coached me into finding the putting stroke for me. With the RST on the putter and Cody's coaching, in moments I was getting much more consistent results - I mean really, truly repeatable and consistent putts with the right tempo and speed, and in just a matter of minutes. Even the dispersion patterns tightened. It happened without me even noticing - all of a sudden, boom there it was!

Everything was my choice except the club head weight. That was the only thing that he insisted on - the heavier club head is what he's building for me, because the club shaft was so short, and in general, when the shaft is shortened so much, you add weight to balance. So I'm getting the 360, not the 350, gram club head (I think, though it still feels lighter. Maybe that's a good thing?). I think he was surprised by my choice of the largest Rosemark grip, given my smallish stature, but it honestly helped me not grip the putter like the Incredible Hulk with my right hand.

The most impressive thing about this experience (besides that Cody went beyond our alloted hour to make sure he had it just right for me because he's awesome like that)? The most impressive thing was that, despite my lack of knowledge, he was able to fit a putter to a n00b with such consistent results. I will have so much confidence with this putter! And I have so much confidence in SeeMore as a company. Putting is gonna be FUN!

So I ordered a black FGP Original blade, your basic milled version, 2.5* loft and 70* lie (which I now understand), and a 30.5" shaft - no wonder that Odyssey off set mallet putter with a 33" length was all kinds of wrong! New putter should arrive either Monday or Tuesday, and I can't wait! I played 9 today with my wonky putter, and while my putting stroke and tempo were consistent (thank you again, Cody!), I sorely missed the RST and the Rosemark grip. I can't wait for it to arrive! I'll be running down to the "putting green" that night - as long as the rangers don't catch me on the golf course after hours :D

If you have the opportunity to head to Franklin and experience a putter fitting with SeeMore, I highly suggest it! Cody couldn't be cooler, and I know I can just pick up the phone and get help with anything putter related, even my (re)beginner game. I learned SO much that I can't express how impressed I am with the experience, with Cody, and with SeeMore as a corporation. I'm sure I'll go back for another fitting in 3-4 years, but in the meantime the most important club in my bag is perfectly suited to me, and that's a level of confidence that everyone needs.

And for the record, I did see the vaults. I wish I'd known to explore them a little more - next time I'm there, I'll be a bit bolder!

Excellent read. Cody and the others at SeeMore are definitely first class. Sounds like you found agreat fit, as well as getting some expert advice and instruction. Enjoy and roll it well!

Oh, and the vault contains incredible stuff that many of us dream of frequently..haha.

Excellent write up! I love hearing about people’s experiences with good companies and SeeMore is one of the better ones by all accounts.

I know you’re excited to be getting your putter, looking forward to seeing some pictures of it.

Great write up. My wife and I are going on a trip to Nashville this year and I'm really going to try and squeeze in a fitting with them. Good luck with the new stick!

Awesome to read this. Have fun

Fantastic, thank you for sharing that. Cody and the group at SeeMore are truly second to none out there in the putter industry.

great writeup, thanks for sharing. I hope to go to Franklin, eventually

Very cool, thanks for the write up! Cody is indeed a great guy and that building is a putter lovers dream - glad you got to experience that and welcome back to the game!

Great story, thanks for sharing!

Great write up. I know what you mean about a club not feeling right. I feel that way about my driver and am getting a fitting on Monday to see if I can find a club that I'm more comfortable with.

Great write up!

My wife and I plan on going to Nashville in the near future so I will definitely have to head down to Franklin to see the SeeMore HQ and maybe come away with a perfectly fitted putter

Sorry, it's a bit long (my mother was a lit teacher):
Had the brilliant opportunity to visit the SeeMore world HQ in Franklin, as it's only a little over 2 hours from home. A little background: I played a bit 15 years ago, but was never anything spectacular. I'm returning to the game, and just bought a set of Callaway Solaires, which came with an Odyssey off set mallet putter with a 33" length that was just all kinds of wrong to me. (I'm sure it's a perfectly good putter - just not for me.) I happened to see a Rosemark grip in the local store, which led me to SeeMore, but when I went to order a center mount blade, the order form asked all kinds of important questions about lie and loft and things that I didn't know how to answer, and I didn't want to spend $200+ on a putter without knowing all those things, so I made an appointment with Cody for this past Wednesday.

I admit to a ton of nerves, I was super nervous walking in. It takes a bit of courage to be the girl walking into a male dominated sport (luckily I worked in the motorcycle industry for 7 years, so this was much easier), but it also was a case of worrying about wasting this company's time with my (re)beginning ways. I can't hit very far, but remember having a pretty decent short game, so bringing my lack of knowledge to one of the top putter companies in the country? I was a bit intimidated. I probably even looked terrified - I'll have to find out...

But Cody and the guys at SeeMore were nothing but kind to me. Cody was so patient, took a look at my wonky putter, and listened to what I tried to tell him without knowing how to use club fitting golf lingo. He asked me about things like feel and weights and I was lost, but he tried different approaches, and I putted and kept putting everything he put in my hands until eventually we came to the answer. It was really cool to watch him work too - I need to watch him fit someone else, when I wasn't so nervous, as I love gadgets and he had some cool ones. It was as much a coaching session as a club fitting, and Cody coached me into finding the putting stroke for me. With the RST on the putter and Cody's coaching, in moments I was getting much more consistent results - I mean really, truly repeatable and consistent putts with the right tempo and speed, and in just a matter of minutes. Even the dispersion patterns tightened. It happened without me even noticing - all of a sudden, boom there it was!

Everything was my choice except the club head weight. That was the only thing that he insisted on - the heavier club head is what he's building for me, because the club shaft was so short, and in general, when the shaft is shortened so much, you add weight to balance. So I'm getting the 360, not the 350, gram club head (I think, though it still feels lighter. Maybe that's a good thing?). I think he was surprised by my choice of the largest Rosemark grip, given my smallish stature, but it honestly helped me not grip the putter like the Incredible Hulk with my right hand.

The most impressive thing about this experience (besides that Cody went beyond our alloted hour to make sure he had it just right for me because he's awesome like that)? The most impressive thing was that, despite my lack of knowledge, he was able to fit a putter to a n00b with such consistent results. I will have so much confidence with this putter! And I have so much confidence in SeeMore as a company. Putting is gonna be FUN!

So I ordered a black FGP Original blade, your basic milled version, 2.5* loft and 70* lie (which I now understand), and a 30.5" shaft - no wonder that Odyssey off set mallet putter with a 33" length was all kinds of wrong! New putter should arrive either Monday or Tuesday, and I can't wait! I played 9 today with my wonky putter, and while my putting stroke and tempo were consistent (thank you again, Cody!), I sorely missed the RST and the Rosemark grip. I can't wait for it to arrive! I'll be running down to the "putting green" that night - as long as the rangers don't catch me on the golf course after hours :D

If you have the opportunity to head to Franklin and experience a putter fitting with SeeMore, I highly suggest it! Cody couldn't be cooler, and I know I can just pick up the phone and get help with anything putter related, even my (re)beginner game. I learned SO much that I can't express how impressed I am with the experience, with Cody, and with SeeMore as a corporation. I'm sure I'll go back for another fitting in 3-4 years, but in the meantime the most important club in my bag is perfectly suited to me, and that's a level of confidence that everyone needs.

And for the record, I did see the vaults. I wish I'd known to explore them a little more - next time I'm there, I'll be a bit bolder!

DucatiGirl - Appreciate you taking the time to come and visit. Always happy to help! Stop by anytime. #24/7 #allstate Welcome to Team SeeMore!! You have us for LIFE!

Thanks for sharing your experience!

This was my experience as well. If you are having putter woes and keep buying putters..... get on a plane or in your car and get to Franklin, TN ASAP. Realize it is worth the money and it will very possibly be the best and last putter you ever buy.

Thanks for sharing this DucatiGirl! Very happy for you - the SeeMore guys are the best! FGP is a classic as well. It seems to work OK for Zach Johnson!

Congrats on joining Team SeeMore! I’m sure you’ll enjoy the new putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice writeup and welcome! I worked for a startup company that was using our miracle stuff to make ceramic brake rotors (blades) for motorcycles, and our testbed was a Ducati. We had three or four bikers on the team, and we never had trouble putting miles on the rotors.

SeeMores are indeed great putters backed by a great company.

Nice writeup and welcome! I worked for a startup company that was using our miracle stuff to make ceramic brake rotors (blades) for motorcycles, and our testbed was a Ducati. We had three or four bikers on the team, and we never had trouble putting miles on the rotors.

SeeMores are indeed great putters backed by a great company.

There's just something about the balance of a Ducati that just feels - right. Actually my old Monster was dubbed "the giggle bike" by the guys in the shop where I worked for a few years, because everytime someone took it out, they came back with a big grin and said "I started laughing in the turns like you said I would."

And the putter arrives today or tomorrow. I don't have a tracking number so it's gonna be a big surprise. I'm not sure which is worse - having the tracking number and hitting "refresh" on the website 15 times a day or jumping up at an unusual sound and running to the front porch...gah!

There's just something about the balance of a Ducati that just feels - right. Actually my old Monster was dubbed "the giggle bike" by the guys in the shop where I worked for a few years, because everytime someone took it out, they came back with a big grin and said "I started laughing in the turns like you said I would."

Interesting you should say that. One of the big benefits of ceramic rotors was the reduction in weight and thus gyroscopic effect. Made the corners that much better, they tell me.

Enjoy that putter. Their stuff is excellent!

It arrived! I’m officially in the SeeMore owner’s club!!
e8f0022065abbbc75c27979c11d4ee69.jpg

320c2d1195ed7f3047cdfa4b0b6e7f15.jpg

cb00291cee2b7c5b2971db13012ac7ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great read! Congrats on the new stick, enoy!

Great story!! Thanks for sharing it!

I, too, am very interested in a new putter and after trying a BUNCH of putters out at various golf stores, I keep coming back to a couple of models of SeeMore! But here is the problem for me . . . they have a ton of different models (of which I have tried only a very few) and they can vary the specs to fit me perfectly! But Franklin is a LONG trip for me and my budget is very limited! I can find SeeMore clubs on Ebay (used is preferable due to cost) but I just don't really have confidence I would choose the "right" one for me and I can't afford a costly mistake!

So I do nothing . . .:bulgy-eyes:

Congratulations, great looking putter. Be sure to do a follow up review after you've used it for awhile.

Great story!! Thanks for sharing it!

I, too, am very interested in a new putter and after trying a BUNCH of putters out at various golf stores, I keep coming back to a couple of models of SeeMore! But here is the problem for me . . . they have a ton of different models (of which I have tried only a very few) and they can vary the specs to fit me perfectly! But Franklin is a LONG trip for me and my budget is very limited! I can find SeeMore clubs on Ebay (used is preferable due to cost) but I just don't really have confidence I would choose the "right" one for me and I can't afford a costly mistake!

So I do nothing . . .:bulgy-eyes:

Give them a call - talk to one of the guys. They’ll have some advice for you, even if you’re buying off eBay.

Back