GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Over the past year I have found that I really enjoy gardening. Which is a huge surprise to me because I have an ongoing hate/hate relationship with nature. I hate nature and it hates me.

But for some reason I really enjoy gardening. Mostly growing my own herbs and vegetables.

Now that the weather is cooling down here I can start my garden again, so I just picked up all the necessary items and will spend the day getting my garden together. I'm pretty excited about it.

With all that said, do we have any other gardeners here? If so what do you enjoy most or what items do you grow?

Long growing seasons, have to love that.

Louann is out in her garden trimming plants and prepping them for winter.

Hey golfer gal . We got something in common

yep , but Gardener . Tomatoes / large and small (about a dozen plants a year ) snow peas/ squash/ red and green peppers/ onions/ cucumbers and
secret is horse manure. Fresh with a touch of lime pellets

we have a monster crop of tomatoes each year . Make spaghetti sauce by hand and freeze the rest of the vegetables for winter

Go get some real horse manure. Rotor till it in the spring time , than plant.

rebecca and Norma Jean are out clearing the garden now. Louise will freeze some more tonight

I like to have a garden, it's rewarding, therapeutic, and an opportunity to have the freshest ingredients. We typically have a large herb section, to include the hottest peppers I can find,

I enjoy the gardening. It is good to provide for yourself and not be dependent on society sometimes. Doesn't get any better. Same reason I really like hunting and putting organic meat on the table.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

We also garden. We grow tomatoes, corn, strawberries, lettuce, carrots, peppers, green beans, and then have a lot garden for herbs and spices. This got us into canning, and we've made salsa, spaghettini sauce, pizza sauce, pickles. There's something very rewarding about walking out to your garden after work and getting all the best ingredients for a nice fresh salad. Especially in this day and age with all the processed food, good to have fresh veggies.

I never thought I would see the day you would ever make this thread!

• Admin
I just picked up a fig tree. I have never grown figs before but I am excited to try. I also got some blueberries which I have successfully grown in the past.

I also got a ton of herbs and 3 different kinds of tomatoes. Plus some brussel spouts, onions and eggplant.

<--- Brown thumb. I can't grow flowers or veggies to save my life. I can't even keep indoor flowers from dying. Happily, I can grow my kids. :bashful:

Gardening

503ad7abe69472274a92315a460c5796.jpg

Check out mward helping out.

He's a good dude!

Arrow getting in there too. Who's the bigger help?

I just picked up a fig tree. I have never grown figs before but I am excited to try. I also got some blueberries which I have successfully grown in the past.

I also got a ton of herbs and 3 different kinds of tomatoes. Plus some brussel spouts, onions and eggplant.

Mmm...Fig Jam Pizza.

Mmm...Fig Jam Pizza.

GG said the same thing. Gawd we love it. And I still remember having it with hashtag and him saying "that's real"?

Does throwing pumpkin seeds down in the spring and watering count as gardening? I've done it the last two years. It's fun watching the pumpkins grow. There's more to it than I ever thought.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Over the past year I have found that I really enjoy gardening. Which is a huge surprise to me because I have an ongoing hate/hate relationship with nature. I hate nature and it hates me.

But for some reason I really enjoy gardening. Mostly growing my own herbs and vegetables.

Now that the weather is cooling down here I can start my garden again, so I just picked up all the necessary items and will spend the day getting my garden together. I'm pretty excited about it.

With all that said, do we have any other gardeners here? If so what do you enjoy most or what items do you grow?
Can I send my other half over for lessons? Each fall I plant veggies and herbs, I go away for work and come back a wasteland.

I jokingly bought her a succulent and a cactus. Dead.

Looking good! Sadly our garden is plowed and winterized.

I do a garden every year GG. I plant sweet corn, red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, carrots, watermelon and strawberries. There is nothing like cutting fresh veggies then throwing them right on the grill. I'm not a fan of weeding the garden but if you stay on top of it, it's easier to do.

Dead to me

Hey, dogs can be efficient diggers. Kidding aside, gardening is hard work. Our new condo has space we can plant what we wanted, and we spent a whole weekend cleaning out what the folks had left behind. I wanted to sleep for two days.

My back hurts so bad I want to cry. But it was worth it.
Should've had ward do the lifting. He's closer to the ground, physics.

Looks good GG! And the containers are a good size so if need be you can spin them to maximize sun when they start growing different heights

Back