What would you expect to shoot at Bay Hill

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
The pro's are currently playing Bay Hill's 7419 yd course with Stenson currently leading after day one at -8

My question is this.
If you were to play that same 7419 yds. what sort of score would you reasonably be able to expect?

I'll start - I think I might be able to possibly eke out a +35 - +40 round on a good day.

A bunch...

Playing from that yardage on a course that tough would be a really high score.

110 for me at that distance and those conditions.

Hope to find out personally in a few months (but not at that distance)

I'd guess around 95, maybe even 100.

a lot... i bet id pick up on a few holes

I would enjoy the ass whooping and leave the scorecard untouched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea but well north of 100. That rough looks detrimental to my wrists.

playing at that yardage wouldnt bother me. With a slope of 136, ive played tougher courses with 800 less yards that ate me up. Normal conditions at that yardage I could probably stay in the 80s. Tournament conditions would be tough to break 90 I think

If the wind was down and sun out, I think I could possibly squeak into the 80's. Hard to tell on TV how it plays, would be a fun challenge though =0.

No idea, but not a chance of breaking 100.

95-100 would be my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would hope to break 100, but I doubt that. Same goes with most courses set up for the tour.

Bay Hill is the sort of course that could really kick me in the nards on an off day. The long par 3s combined with me being unable to reach par 5s in two from PGA length.

I'll say I would shoot 89.

115-125.

the issue with playing from 7,419 out there is how much water you're going to contend with, and the need to carry the ball a fair distance. i've played it probably a dozen times, and it's a really tough course even at a more "normal" length. from the tips, if i could just play for bogeys instead of trying to force pars, i could probably shoot 88-95. if i actually try to score and take risks, the score could easily balloon to 110.

I'd say around the 110 mark. There are too many carries that would eat me up.

At least 80. That’s long for almost anyone. I don’t hit the ball short but I can’t carry most of their forced carries.

Sent from HTX

I would hope to break 100 from that distance, but realistically some of those par 4 are 5’s and 5’s are 6’s. The big thing will be in play off the tee bc if an amateur is scrambling that rough is no joke and big numbers come into play

120's.

I'd like to think I could at least break 100, but I've never been known as a thinking man. :laughing:

Probably around 105.

From the Ladies Red it 5788. That's a lot of yards for my 120 average drive. I'd go with 125-135.

From that length with forced carries north of 100 would be easy to imagine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

At that length, adding 1000 yards to my normal playing yardage adds at least 10 strokes off the bat. 87 assuming I played to my handicap and did not have any issues. Realistically I am thinking mid 90's.

Back