Your grip. Describe it.

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Something simple, yet something when I posed to my HS golfers proved to be much deeper of a question than they anticipated and I thought, this could be a fun THP convo.

So, describe your golf grip (not your clubs grips, YOUR actual way of gripping the club)....

Go.

Strong with interlock. I fight a slice.

Interlock, strong left hand, neutral right hand.

I use a standard one finger overlap on all shots and all clubs, including putter, has really allowed me to focus on other things. I have a slightly strong grip which is certainly something I want to work on this year with keeping it a bit more neutral.

Varden overlap just ever so slightly stronger than neutral. Really want to take the hook out of the bag.

Overlap, strong right hand, way tighter than it should be.

Left hand, holding with pinky,ring,and middle. Left thumb down the shaft about 2 o clock to the logo on the grip. (a little strong), right hand pinky overlap, ring and middle finger gripping the club and thumb and index rest on it just going for the ride

Putter, left hand low with shaft going down the palm of my left hand. right hand same thing in the palm above the left.

Overlap, strong for driver, weak for bunkers, neutral for everything else.

Interlock. Strong left hand. Strong right hand as well with inside of elbow pointing perpendicular-ish to target line. Similar to what Monty's videos have shown.

I want to say I fight a slice but I will just say that I fight an inconsistent swing.

Overlap for several years now.

I first started with the interlock but the pink just felt uncomfortable and I didn't like it. The overlap feels natural and pain free.

For putts it's pretty much a baseball 10 finger grip

Interlock, strong left hand, neutral right hand.

Neutral (as far as I can tell) overlap for swing clubs and neutral reverse overlap for putter.

Baseball. Strong left, neutral right. Works for me.

Interlock, way too tight - working on it. Arthritis in left index finger may result in change in grip in the future.

Left hand is very text book, right hand overlaps, but is too strong, way too far under... I'm working on it, but it's easy to fall into old habits

Last edited:
Interlock, both thumbs down middle front of grip.

Strong overlap

Originally was strong baseball from all the ball I played up until I got semi-serious about golf.

Overlap. I see about 2 and a half knuckles on my left hand. Right hand is about equally strong -- the thumbs on both hands are pointing the same direction.

strong right hand, weak left hand, overlap.

I am trying to strenghten the left hand, but it feels uncomfortable at the moment

1) I hold the grip very lightly , ( #10 very hard , #1 very soft , I am at #2 or #3 ).
2) Vardon or overlap
3) No glove, bare hands.

Inconsistent. Naturally weak, interlocking.

Classic overlap and way too often looks like im trying to strangle my grip....

Somewhat of a baseball grip. Overlap my left thumb and let my right index finger kind of hang off.

Your grip. Describe it.

I try to stay as neutral as possible, and the Align tech has helped A LOT, but I generally play a slightly strong overlap grip, just to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back