Mizuno JPX EZ (2016) forged beat out my Callaway XR Pros

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
More testing will be needed, but after 100 balls pairing the PW, 8and 6 iron of each set against each other, the Mizuno won out in feel (shocker), forgiveness, but it also won in distance best i can tell.

The XR Pros are 1/2 longer and if specs are correct on the clubs, a hair stronger lofts in the 6 and 8 yet Mizuno kept up or even passed on some shots. Distance and spin are the hardest to determine of course hitting to dormant grass and a range that has some slight hills to it.

Looks and ball flight too go to the XR though and one reason i will keep them, but in swinging the Mizunos i realized how much i missed feeling the club head a little more and nicer feeling when you get a well struck shot. My mistake with the XR Pros is usually casting, but the increased swing weight of the mizuno helped me with my timing.

Also it's finally getting a bit ingrained after 5 range sessions this year that i really need to shorten my swing with all my clubs. I also seem to figure this out at the end of the range session each and every time, so hope next time i remember from the get go.

Sidenote: any LITE golf grip beside the Winn DriTac that i should look at putting on my XR Pro to maybe help me me the club head more?

I'm not surprised. that ez line was easy to launch and the face felt hot. Oh and the finish on them was so good(the non forged version).

Back