Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Sounds like some fun testing. Good info.

Got mine yesterday, looks amazing, tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's, cannot wait to get it out and test it.

Got mine yesterday. On looks alone it beats bio cell plus and fly z plus. If as stated above the face is softer than the fly z plus then this will be the driver for me for a long time ! 6 months!!! Lol. Did not like feel of face with fly compared to bio cell, so I sold it. Can't wait to hit it and compare to my bio cell plus. Great stuff that I can pull my gogo shaft and bingo it goes into king:). King headcover not good.

Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Got mine yesterday. On looks alone it beats bio cell plus and fly z plus. If as stated above the face is softer than the fly z plus then this will be the driver for me for a long time ! 6 months!!! Lol. Did not like feel of face with fly compared to bio cell, so I sold it. Can't wait to hit it and compare to my bio cell plus. Great stuff that I can pull my gogo shaft and bingo it goes into king:). King headcover not good.

The head cover does leave a bit to be desired. I end up leaving it off for the round.

Got mine yesterday, looks amazing, tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's, cannot wait to get it out and test it.

Good for you! Let us know how it goes!

Can't wait to hit it and compare to my bio cell plus. Great stuff that I can pull my gogo shaft and bingo it goes into king:). King headcover not good.
Really looking forward to what you see between these two drivers!

I've never hit cobra drivers well. Bio cell, bio cell +, flyz and flyz+... just never hit them well. The king ltd however... is a different animal. I'm so excited to get mine in my hands and postal service is not cooperating lol

Hit this one against the GBB today on the FlightScope. Only driver I have tried in a year that has kept up with the GBB. Lower spin than the Callaway, and not quite as forgiving laterally, but very solid across the board.

Hit this one against the GBB today on the FlightScope. Only driver I have tried in a year that has kept up with the GBB. Lower spin than the Callaway, and not quite as forgiving laterally, but very solid across the board.
wow, high praise! I saw this today and hit the irons, but will have to give the driver a go also.

really hope this shows up in stores locally at some point. maybe April? haha

I love seeing so much excitement about a cobra line of products. I'm going to hit this next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love seeing so much excitement about a cobra line of products. I'm going to hit this next week.

Thought the same thing. Huge cobra guy here. Think they make really some really good clubs.

Been excited to hit the King since I first heard about it, and this is making me even more excited. I've been demo'ing the GBB and am not quite 100% sold on it yet (although I've been struggling with my driver swing so...).

Got out and hit the King LTD today, all I can say is WOW! I hit about 25 balls with it and 25 with my 915D3,. The feel of the LTD is amazing, powerful, yet soft if that makes sense, no tingy aluminum sound. I hit a few off center and they still flew fairly true. When hit flush it was a good 10 yards past where my D3 was landing. I love the way it looks, all black with the little Cobra logo, stealthy. The Rogue shaft really loads nicely, nice crisp feel to it. I probably won't play until spring, and I cannot wait to get this on the course. Cobra has a definite hit here.

Got out and hit the King LTD today, all I can say is WOW! I hit about 25 balls with it and 25 with my 915D3,. The feel of the LTD is amazing, powerful, yet soft if that makes sense, no tingy aluminum sound. I hit a few off center and they still flew fairly true. When hit flush it was a good 10 yards past where my D3 was landing. I love the way it looks, all black with the little Cobra logo, stealthy. The Rogue shaft really loads nicely, nice crisp feel to it. I probably won't play until spring, and I cannot wait to get this on the course. Cobra has a definite hit here.

Lol. Did u cut and paste this. Saw it someplace else

This is one of the 3 must hits for me next year

Lol. Did u cut and paste this. Saw it someplace else

I posted it there too, so I just used the same review. :)

I posted it there too, so I just used the same review. :)

sweet. I will do the same thing after Tuesday when I get to hit the King. :)

One thing I think is important about the King LTD.. I think it's valuable to go into testing with a fresh mindset, not in the mix of other drivers. The King is a bit more quiet than many of the other options on the market today, and it's surprising how much that can reflect on the experience of the user. For me, especially gaming it exclusively for a while, I loved the lower tones that it generates, but it can seem a bit 'dead' by direct comparison.

Let me assure you, especially if you're a high spin guy who misses a bit laterally... It's not dead!! It's big.

One thing I think is important about the King LTD.. I think it's valuable to go into testing with a fresh mindset, not in the mix of other drivers. The King is a bit more quiet than many of the other options on the market today, and it's surprising how much that can reflect on the experience of the user. For me, especially gaming it exclusively for a while, I loved the lower tones that it generates, but it can seem a bit 'dead' by direct comparison.

Let me assure you, especially if you're a high spin guy who misses a bit laterally... It's not dead!! It's big.

This is the exact description of me! I ordered one of these beauties yesterday with the RockBottomGolf deal. $336 for it seemed too good to pass up. I'm really excited to see how this works for me. I'll still probably try the F6 when it comes out to compare but I can't wait for the King to get here.

Yup, I need to hit this

took a long lunch today to drive out to pgass and hit this driver. the dude who worked with me (and i use that phrase loosely) at pgass could not have been less interested. major disappointment in customer service, and of the two times i've been to that store that is the second time i got bad service.

i brought in my gamer driver (fly-z set to 10.5 with graphite design tour ad-mj s flex) and 4w (tight lies with tour blue 65 r flex) to hit against the king ltd driver and fairway wood.

in looks, wow did they get this one right. i think the space port and other design is really cool, and at address it is so simple yet confidence inspiring. at impact, i absolutely loved the feeling. super solid, not loud at all, with great feedback. the real test was in the results, and unfortunately the ltd didn't perform well enough to justify an upgrade. on looks, confidence and feel alone, it was close. but it didn't tighten dispersion, and it didn't add enough carry or distance.

the biggest headscratcher was spin. until this past september, i was under the impression that i was a very low spin player, sub 2k. in september on flightscope, i was registering low to mid 3k. today, my gamer registered 1,600 over about 10 swings, and the ltd registered 1,200. ss averaged 104, carry averaged 235, total 260. the ltd brought my launch down from 15 to 13, but there wasn't enough spin.

here's my beef, and it's exactly what i expected. pgass received the ltd last week, but they have no shafts for fitting, just stock made-for rogue in r and s. while i'm annoyed as hell at the way pgass employees treated me, this isn't their fault. i can't imagine callaway would ship out the gbb demos and not include shaft options for fitting. maybe i'm naive or just uninformed about the way the whole thing works. but if we had been able to find a better shaft pairing, something with a more active tip but still in s flex, i probably would have purchased it.

i think the ltd is AWESOME, and i still really want one. but not being able to find the best shaft is a concern.

Back