Getting the scoop on new gear

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you enjoy getting the scoop from THP or do you enjoy bring the goods to THP? Just wondering....

I definitely enjoy being on the bleeding-edge of :wilsonstaff: goodness.

Any info is good info imo doesn't matter how small. THP is my number 1 stop for golf info.

I enjoy seeing what all the members thoughts are as well as the review. Nothing beats real world experiences brought to me. Press releases and release events I take as marketing more than anything (nothing wrong with that) but the hands on reviews is what I love.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I like seeing pre-release pics, who doesn't? I just take them with a grain of salt. I know THP is going to bring the details when the time comes

I'm not really big on gear but I do like the write ups and pics of some of the new stuff here. It's pretty cut and dry for me it either fits my eye or it doesn't.

knowing that thp will give us golfers the information and the chance to learn more about whats going on. Its nice to see pics and info on social media from the companies but like what thp brings us.

I don't change gear too often but I do enjoy keeping up and reading about what is out there via THP.

I don't really try to find the pre embargo pictures. What good does it do? I will take the info when THPHQ shares it. I trust the powers that be here will bring it to us as soon as they can

THP for me. Best all-around reviews and previews.

Not sure I understand the question being asked. Is the inside scoop like the behind the scene's information with the manufacturer? And the latter being forum reviews?

I research the internet sometimes for "embargo" stuff but don't get serious until I read inputs from THPers.

I don't really try to find the pre embargo pictures. What good does it do? I will take the info when THPHQ shares it. I trust the powers that be here will bring it to us as soon as they can

That's how I feel

Yep that's how I feel too. I don't see what the rush is to try to see things early or break embargo dates. We're all gonna see it before it goes on sale anyways

THP pictures are the best, I don't want to see crappy pre release photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like reading about recent releases, I get almost all of my golf info here.
I do not get very fired up about pre-release stuff, unless I am the tester.

I come to THP for many reasons, one of which is getting the straight story on new gear. I then seem like I am ahead of the curve for most golfers.

I enjoy the great staff reviews of gear on THP. Usually my first stop for the scoop.

One of the many reasons why I like THP so much is that I can come here and get honest reviews and info about new gear.

I come to THP for all my golf related info. If I end up elsewhere I usually end up left wanting.

I honestly don't think I have ever gone out in search of pre-embargo pictures. I respect that they are there for a reason, so that the OEM can release the info in the manner that they want to.

Its like trying to get a sneak peek at your Christmas presents. So you find them, but then the big day comes and the surprise isn't that great.

Definitely love hearing about new releases from THP, I know the info is solid and the reviews are by people like me who play and love the game. THP reviews are a big part of what influences my decision to try new gear, although my credit card isn't quite so happy with the site!

I have mixed feelings about this to be honest

In one way it is great to see all of the new stuff that is being released, but on the other side of that coin is the fact that we don't always then see it here in the UK for quite some time after

To give you an example - I think it was a question I asked about the availability of the yellow Chrome Soft ball here in the UK that you guys have obviously been able to pick up for a while now, and the response was that it wouldn't be available until something like Feb 2016

I enjoy getting the scoop at THP. Other members and staff writers have a heckuva lot more knowledge than I do when it comes to gear and how it can affect play; even better we get honest reviews from golfers of all skill levels. I'd rather get my news and info here than anywhere else.

Back