The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Pinkel resigns from Mizz citing health reasons.

Hope he'll be ok. No one expected Mizzou to make waves in the SEC East as quickly as they did. Will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Saying he was diagnosed with lymphoma in May. Wish him the best, he's been a class act for Mizz.

Saying he was diagnosed with lymphoma in May. Wish him the best, he's been a class act for Mizz.
That's awful news. I am not a mizzou 's but I am a big pinkel fan.
I hope gets better soon

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

The coaching carousel this offseason is going to be insane! Also big rumors that the Colts owner is going to do whatever it takes to get Saban back to the NFL. I don't see that happening.

That story on Corey Coleman on college game day was pretty good.

Well the UGA/Auburn game is on, we will see which team is least bad today.

Go Dawgs!

Well the UGA/Auburn game is on, we will see which team is least bad today.

Go Dawgs!

The start went well, I missed it, what happened to Coleman ?

Leg, in a run up the middle a lot of players fell on him. He is back in now, nothing bad thankfully.

Some weird scores out there early Maryland and Mich St tied up, same for TCU and Kansas. FSU down 10 to NC st

Does it happen in all the major college cities, that the local news stations hire anyone that played for that team to be an expert on their pregame shows or is it just Columbus? I swear anyone that's ever played for Ohio State is employed by the local channels. Some guys I don't ever remember hearing their name.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Some weird scores out there early Maryland and Mich St tied up, same for TCU and Kansas. FSU down 10 to NC st
Go Pack! I thought there was a problem with the internets when I pulled up the score for MD v MSU

I just don't get this play calling from Gus, not at all

I'm working today, he leaning on the pass?

Throwing screens on first down over and over, despite them not working. Then he puts white in and throws it 4 straight times, all of them no where close to being completions.

Meanwhile we have run at will, every drive has been stalled by first down throws.

I don't think I've ever seen a 3rd and 41 situation.

Malzahn lost this one, what the hell was white doing out there

That's an incomplete pas

Throwing screens on first down over and over, despite them not working. Then he puts white in and throws it 4 straight times, all of them no where close to being completions.

Meanwhile we have run at will, every drive has been stalled by first down throws.
Wow, I can see a screen here and there especially if the run is working. At some point you have to make it hard for the defense to figure out what's coming. I checked the score earlier and figured it was defensive game but from your description Gus gave it away.

Wow, I can see a screen here and there especially if the run is working. At some point you have to make it hard for the defense to figure out what's coming. I checked the score earlier and figured it was defensive game but from your description Gus gave it away.

You have no idea switching white and Johnson out on a play by play basis in the second half. When has that ever worked?

You have no idea switching white and Johnson out on a play by play basis in the second half. When has that ever worked?
Oh wow. Even spurrier didn't attempt that. How in the heck is the offense supposed to get any type of rhythm and you're darn near telegraphing run pass to the defense to boot.

I've lost all faith in Gus, the offense move the ball just fine today, until he decided to pull the crap with the Johnson White rotation. Then once he went back to Johnson we drive it right down the field.

I have a feeling next year will be his last on the plains.

I've lost all faith in Gus, the offense move the ball just fine today, until he decided to pull the crap with the Johnson White rotation. Then once he went back to Johnson we drive it right down the field.

I have a feeling next year will be his last on the plains.

Man, go back to SEC media days and I'd have called you crazy for that kind of thinking. Seems like he would just go with White and build.

At least you get to watch another good game in a few minutes. Just mute it for a radio broadcast lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back