Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

It's a damn good head, best Cobra has released in years imo. Plus, the hand crafted LZ70 in it is just a wicked feeling combo.
I think the shaft is the biggest problem I have with this. I don't like the Rogue much at all.

I hope the next time I go they have a few more shafts for me to try.

It's a damn good head, best Cobra has released in years imo. Plus, the hand crafted LZ70 in it is just a wicked feeling combo.

Its is a really good head.
I think you can say that about most companies though.
My thoughts are quite simple on it, I believe you have to have the club head speed to get the most out of it. Its also not the most forgiving option out there (or even in their lineup).

My thoughts are quite simple on it, I believe you have to have the club head speed to get the most out of it. Its also not the most forgiving option out there (or even in their lineup).

JB great thoughts....
What do you think the swing speed needs to be minimum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB great thoughts....
What do you think the swing speed needs to be minimum?

I have no idea. If it works for a person it works. And if they like it, the subjective side will take over from there.

I think people should listen to the last couple of THP Radio shows in some regards. One with the creator of this club and one with the shaft creator. You hear talk online about shafts dictating this ball flight and frankly its just not true. Not to the extent being posted and the shaft guy himself said the same thing.

Cobra has a very complete lineup this year and perhaps for the first time in a number of years. They are ahead of the technology curve and have been for a number of years and this is no different.

So, my 1 bag almost drove a 326 yard par 4 yesterday at our tournament with this. I don't think I'm getting it back, or that I could do it justice after how he hits it.

After that I would just have to say "Keep it". Shake my head and walk away with my head down. Hahaha

Agreed totally. I think that's why I enjoyed it so much and why he is seeing what he is out if it, he has one hell of a strong golf swing.

The F6 is the one that will shock the most if they go hit it and not just assume it's going to be a spinner, as you and I have discussed a lot. Their line is stout from top to bottom in woods this year and it's fun to see.
After that I would just have to say "Keep it". Shake my head and walk away with my head down. Hahaha
Its going to happen, anything to not have to hear him hit the Cleveland HiBore anymore. Going to make him a deal based on performance, still working it out though.

I disagree, it is one of the more forgiving options out there. I have put a few bad swings on mine and did not lose much distance and it still went pretty straight. I happen to like the Rogue shaft, never tried one before this. It's been the best driver I have ever owned so far.

I disagree, it is one of the more forgiving options out there. I have put a few bad swings on mine and did not lose much distance and it still went pretty straight. I happen to like the Rogue shaft, never tried one before this. It's been the best driver I have ever owned so far.

Im glad its working for you.
Its a fantastic product.
Ball speed and spin changes around the face is lower than most every other Cobra driver in the lineup.

You should come out to the THP Event in your area this year and we can do some FlightScope testing.

In overall design, it doesnt offer what many other models do based on overall MOI, it just doesn't. Now, that doesn't mean it doesn't offer forgiveness, nor is that what JB is saying, the E9 face is stellar in all cobra offerings. But, compare this to say the F6 and it's not all that close in that regard.

Pumped it works for you, its a damn solid head, but that doesn't mean what JB said is wrong in the large scale picture.

Where did you get the LZ 70?

Im glad its working for you.
Its a fantastic product.
Ball speed and spin changes around the face is lower than most every other Cobra driver in the lineup.

You should come out to the THP Event in your area this year and we can do some FlightScope testing.

I have hit some pretty long drives with this so far, long carry too. I love the feel, look and accuracy the most. Against the other drivers I tried it was the clear winner, maybe the head/shaft combo works for me. It always amazes me how one driver will perform for one and be bad for another, that is why trying them and getting fitted is so important.

I have hit some pretty long drives with this so far, long carry too. I love the feel, look and accuracy the most. Against the other drivers I tried it was the clear winner, maybe the head/shaft combo works for me. It always amazes me how one driver will perform for one and be bad for another, that is why trying them and getting fitted is so important.

Definitely dont think its a bad product. In fact I think its a fantastic product. Just that I believe to get the most out of it, you must have a high enough swing speed. Its a very low spin product and like any driver, when you miss high and low, speed and spin change.

As mentioned, we will be in your area, come on out and we can show you exactly what we are speaking of, and get you dialed in with this one completely.

Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Definitely dont think its a bad product. In fact I think its a fantastic product. Just that I believe to get the most out of it, you must have a high enough swing speed. Its a very low spin product and like any driver, when you miss high and low, speed and spin change.

As mentioned, we will be in your area, come on out and we can show you exactly what we are speaking of, and get you dialed in with this one completely.

Ok sounds good, maybe I can fit it into my schedule. When and where?

Found 9 fairways today on the King LTD's maiden voyage. Only 1 miss affected my second shot so overall it was a really good day off the tee. Used the Handmade LZ 6.5 and hit some really nice drives and whaddya know using the B330RX instead of range balls virtually eliminated the harshness I had experienced with the LZ. I was on a new course today but I was more than satisfied with the distance I was seeing and the forgiveness was really good. Cant wait to get on a familiar course with this combo.

I love the look of this, but I'm not sure for my swing it is the right product for me. I will keep working with it on the range because I want to love this driver but only time will tell.

These must be very popular. Mine got pushed back another 2 weeks on backorder. ???

These must be very popular. Mine got pushed back another 2 weeks on backorder. ???
Anddddddd guess what showed up at my door today...guess that email was wrong and the caller was right!

This thing is pretty. Looking around the inside and all, wow. Pretty darn cool.

Anddddddd guess what showed up at my door today...guess that email was wrong and the caller was right!

This thing is pretty. Looking around the inside and all, wow. Pretty darn cool.

Bombs away!

Had the LTD out for it's 2nd round, and performance on the course is still not really there for me - obviously, has nothing to do with the club. I should have my preferred shaft in on Monday, and will give the LTD a run with that shaft, keeping fingers crossed.

Had the LTD out for it's 2nd round, and performance on the course is still not really there for me - obviously, has nothing to do with the club. I should have my preferred shaft in on Monday, and will give the LTD a run with that shaft, keeping fingers crossed.

What's coming (and what is in there now)?

What's coming (and what is in there now)?
Fujikura Fuel 60 stiff is on the way; was fit into it last season. Eliminate that variable, and see what happens.

(Currently have the stock Rogue)

Fujikura Fuel 60 stiff is on the way; was fit into it last season. Eliminate that variable, and see what happens.

(Currently have the stock Rogue)

Nice! That thing going to help elevate and smooth out the transition?

I was a pretty big fan of the rogue but there's something about the HZRDUS yellow that just makes me pepper the ball.

Nice! That thing going to help elevate and smooth out the transition?

I was a pretty big fan of the rogue but there's something about the HZRDUS yellow that just makes me pepper the ball.
Don't have a good answer... I just know the ball strike is all over the club face, right now, with the LTD/Rogue. In the comparison with my G30 LS Tec, today, it was night and day. Strike location was very consistent with the LS Tec/Fuel combo.

Hopefully, adding the Fuel to the mix will aid in the strike consistency, whether that's an effect of the bend profile with my swing, or even just a placebo effect.

Back