What is a budget shaft to test alongside Px Evenflow & Atmos Blue?

H8tobogie

MC Team Hackers 2020
Reaction score
Handicap
I am going to be testing G400 Max in both 9* and 10.5* with the Project X HC Evenflow Black 6.5 65g and the Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 6X and I am looking for a budget shaft to add to the mix. I chose a low/low and mid/mid shaft and could see either work for me and I think it would be fun to see if a budget shaft can win out.

What would THPer's like to see in the mix for a sub 100 shaft?

Im thinking the new UST V2, but am really not versed on whats hot these days. I have the other shafts being shipped and it will be a couple weeks before I can get them on a launch monitor.

Why not check any of the $75 upgrades Ping offers? These are normally $250 shafts. I wound up with the KK Silver Dual-Core TiNi, but the Aldila X Torsion has gotten some love around here as well. If you don't want to go with Ping options, new KK Silver DC TiNi shafts in Tour Stiff (between S and X) can be had on eBay for under $50 if you're lucky, under $100 if you're not.

Why not check any of the $75 upgrades Ping offers? These are normally $250 shafts. I wound up with the KK Silver Dual-Core TiNi, but the Aldila X Torsion has gotten some love around here as well. If you don't want to go with Ping options, new KK Silver DC TiNi shafts in Tour Stiff (between S and X) can be had on eBay for under $50 if you're lucky, under $100 if you're not.

Thanks, I will check those out as well. Forgot to mention, I will also have the Ping Tour 65 x-flex in the mix as well.

I wouldn't sleep on the Alta CB. I found it to be a very solid option even compared against the Tour and X-Torsion.

I wouldn't sleep on the Alta CB. I found it to be a very solid option even compared against the Tour and X-Torsion.

Good point by you. It was a very nice shaft. I went with the KK because of the numbers when I demoed, but the Alta CB and KK were very close in my testing. Someone pointed out here that if I started with the KK and decided to switch to the Alta CB, it would cost me $125 ($75 for the upgraded shaft and $50 for an Alta CB on eBay.) But if I went stock initially and wanted to switch later, it would be $250 for the upgraded shaft. Just a thought.

Really doubt you will find a better value shaft than the UST Proforce V2.

I discounted that shaft right away and didn't even try it. What can I say, I suffer from upgradeitis. I will give it a try too next time I am at the store.

Really doubt you will find a better value shaft than the UST Proforce V2.

I see you are testing one. Do you fine them pretty true to flex?

I see you are testing one. Do you fine them pretty true to flex?

Yes sir. If you don't struggle with launching the ball, I would recommend trying the tour version. I am typically a mid launch guy and hit the regular version a little high for my liking.

Yes sir. If you don't struggle with launching the ball, I would recommend trying the tour version. I am typically a mid launch guy and hit the regular version a little high for my liking.

Sounds good. I'm really intrigued by this shaft because I really liked their first version.

Sounds good. I'm really intrigued by this shaft because I really liked their first version.

We sent out about 20 of them to THPers and tons of reviews are in that thread now.

Aldila VS Proto ByYou. Low/Mid 49 bucks.

Graffaloy Blue (its white) is a pretty good lower priced shaft. Used to be real popular.

Try a UST elements Wind / DK 6x tipped 1 in +, or 7x 1/2in tip. Similar to GD-DI but bit straighter. They are slightly counterbalanced good for Pings heavier head weight, thus your build SW's are close to stock with same length

We sent out about 20 of them to THPers and tons of reviews are in that thread now.

That's really cool! I've read those reviews, which is where I learned about this shaft... and also why I am considering adding one to the mix. Thanks!

Back