One length fitting

hedley_lamarr08

Happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am pretty set on going with one length irons, specifically the new Cobra Forged Tech Black (they may have an actual different name but you know what I'm talking about) and I'm kind of wondering how the fitting should go. I am thinking
Hybrid: 3H one length Rogue Pro 70 stiff
UT Irons: 4U, 5U one length, shaft same as irons
Irons: Forged Tec Black one length 6 and 7 iron True Temper AMT White (stock black shaft) stiff flex
Forged Tec Black variable length 8,9,PW,GW
Wedges: King Black Wedges 54 and 58 degree same shaft as irons

I guess my concern and question is, with the 4-6 irons being the same length, should I be hitting these against the "variable" length irons for comparisons just to make sure they fit my swing and distances? Would it be recommended to stay one length through the entire set instead of switching to variable length in the 8-GW (I have no issues from 150 in with the normal length)?

One length fitting

I am pretty set on going with one length irons, specifically the new Cobra Forged Tech Black (they may have an actual different name but you know what I'm talking about) and I'm kind of wondering how the fitting should go. I am thinking
Hybrid: 3H one length Rogue Pro 70 stiff
UT Irons: 4U, 5U one length, shaft same as irons
Irons: Forged Tec Black one length 6 and 7 iron True Temper AMT White (stock black shaft) stiff flex
Forged Tec Black variable length 8,9,PW,GW
Wedges: King Black Wedges 54 and 58 degree same shaft as irons

I guess my concern and question is, with the 4-6 irons being the same length, should I be hitting these against the "variable" length irons for comparisons just to make sure they fit my swing and distances? Would it be recommended to stay one length through the entire set instead of switching to variable length in the 8-GW (I have no issues from 150 in with the normal length)?

When building out a one length set it’s most important to gap the bag to hit the shots you will need to play on your course.

If you need a lot of high flying spinny long irons I’d go all One Length hybrids at the top of the bag. If you like to run the ball and need some low skippy shots into the green I’d mix UT and hybrids.

Try to imagine how you want to play your course and build your setup around this vision. With all the One Length clubs Cobra has it shouldn’t be a problem.

How do you like to hit your long iron shots and how far do you feel comfortable hitting them?

Back