Do You Like To Compete?

I like to compete in anything I do, literally anything!

I'm a fan of competing on the course. For me, at one point, it completely took over the game and was my only focus

Stepping back from it for a bit, and putting an ego in check and competition in perspective, I now know how to balance my competitive ego with a fun spirit for the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a competitive guy whether its on the golf course, the bowling alley, card games.....it doesn't matter

Yes. I do like competiting.

Sometimes.

I try to get some match play with my cousin for a beer when we play to help keep him focused (I'm giving about 12 pops). I'm looking forward to playing more competitions in 2016.

Yes! Both formal competitions and the more informal ones with friends

Yes. Both in friendly bets and tournaments.

I have competed in other sports at both national and county (probably the equivalent of your state) level in other sports when I was younger, and I enjoyed it at the time and won national titles, but golf is now a way to relax and get away from the stresses of everyday life

I don't mind a bit of friendly competition for bragging rights, but there is no point asking me to play for money because I will flatly refuse

Put me in a singles or team competition and I will bring that same desire to win that I have/had in my other sports, but the competition in golf for me is primarily me against the course as that is the only thing I have any control over

My youth was all about sports.

Football and baseball in school.
Recreational golf and bowling leagues, plus AAU boxing out of school.

But competitive drive is all about measuring one's self against somebody else, and that was never my principle motivation. I was always too ego-centric for that. My motivation was personal excellence. Perfection is unattainable, yet relentless pursuit of perfection is the only thing that can bring excellence.

Boxing was probably my best sport, but despite enjoying a measure of local success, sparring with the iron at Rip Valenti's gym in Boston revealed that while my learned skills were significant, I simply lacked the-gift-of birth athletic potential to be Olympic Trials material. I did great on local cards but never won a New England AAU title.

The same principle held true in golf. Dedication got me down to an eight in my younger days, but that was the ceiling of accomplishment for me. In my circles, playing to an eight was pretty good golf. My neighborhood didn't yield many plus fours.

Now it's about fresh air, exercise, and socializing with friends. I vastly prefer playing well to playing badly, but I don't stress over it anymore. Why the hell should I?

I do.
Having and making sure who I'm playing with have fun is first and foremost, but I like a healthy competition

Absolutely, there is nothing like having to perform when it counts for something. It doesn't have to be major but I love to compete especially against myself!!

I don't have a very competitive nature but I enjoy some light competition out on the course among friends.

Absolutely. As long as it doesn't get out of hand. Some people are bad losers and that can ruin winning.

not really. competition of any kind brings out the worst in me. i'm a very gracious winner, but i'm a very poor loser. solution: compete against the golf course and just have fun with those around you.

Absofrigginlutely!!

Personally I don't consider playing for money 'competing', I consider it gambling and that is something I do not want to do

To me, there is nothing worse than standing on the 1st tee with people you have never met before, and the first words they say are 'So how much are we playing for?' and if somebody did that to me I would be tempted to just walk away

Coming from a background of never having much money and having friends who play who can't afford to gamble, it can be expensive enough just to play golf without then having the additional stress of potentially losing 'x' amount of money as well

I don't have anything against people who want to do this, but I have known people who get annoyed when I don't want to participate in money games on the course and there are people who I will not play with because of this

Very rarely do I play just to play; I enjoy the game SO much more if I'm competing for something.

I love to compete against friends and family. Would be interesting to compete against strangers.

I live for competition, I seem to play better while in battle

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Love to compete on the golf course.

I love competition!

I love competition I find I get laser focused and play better than usual.

Competition is the best way to test the current state of my physical and mental game. Competition provides a "you are here" arrow for me on the journey to getting better. Therefore, I'm lost without it.

Yes even if it's just for harassment rights, the pressure and extra little bit of focus is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back