DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a beautiful day here in the DMV! No golf for me but I have been promised tomorrow haha we all know how that works
It really is. Shame neither of us could take advantage of it.

So here's the ironic thing. If I had still been at my old POS job. I would have been off today and very possibly played with MDGOLFHACKER in the outing at my current job.

Funny how life works. But I'll take working today at this job versus being off at the other one anyday!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

So here's the ironic thing. If I had still been at my old POS job. I would have. Even off today and very possibly played with MDGOLFHACKER in the outing at my current job.

Funny how life works. But I'll take working today at this job versus being off at the other one anyday!!

Yeah I hear ya I was supposed to play but instead went out shopping with the wife and twins. As much as I love golf spending time with my family trumps it. I should be good for tomorrow not nearly as nice but that why I have layers haha

Glad to hear the new job is treating you well Rob.

484b1c2bc3829153dd2d99d4f9e315ec.jpg

Little Bennett . Elevation changes are ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That doesn't look so bad. Elevation changes are fun!

So here's the ironic thing. If I had still been at my old POS job. I would have. Even off today and very possibly played with MDGOLFHACKER in the outing at my current job.

I have heard it said often, that one of the means to minimize one's opportunities to play golf is to be in the golf industry.

I have heard it said often, that one of the means to minimize one's opportunities to play golf is to be in the golf industry.
You know, that get said A LOT, and it may be true in some cases. But I've mentioned before, I have lots of friends that work in the industry and play a lot of golf. This job will present me the opportunity to play a lot more than I have in the past. it'll be up to me whether or not I take those opportunities or not.

Not playing today, didn't really have anything to do with the job. If the tournament hadn't sold out, I might have had the opportunity to do so.

Speaking of the outing today. I ran into Pingman...it was great to meet him and congratulations to him and his partner on a 3rd place finish!! They played some pretty solid golf and word among the staff here, is he has serious game.

I love that course, the only thing it has more of than elevation changes are blind shots...ha 18 is one of my favorite holes in the area. Oh the fact I stuffed a 5 iron on the approach in a tournament with about 50 people watching and made the birdie putt, makes it kind of memorable !!

You know, that get said A LOT, and it may be true in some cases. But I've mentioned before, I have lots of friends that work in the industry and play a lot of golf. This job will present me the opportunity to play a lot more than I have in the past. it'll be up to me whether or not I take those opportunities or not.

Not playing today, didn't really have anything to do with the job. If the tournament hadn't sold out, I might have had the opportunity to do so.

Then, my friend, you have the best of both worlds. While I may be a bit jealous, I am ever so glad to hear that, you certainly deserve it. The next year's MISGA schedule for me has one of our initial outings at your place. Do me a favor, have the Senior tees up as far as they may be allowed.

I was hoping selfishly for crappy weather tomorrow morning lol... Got my buds playing Pilgrims Oak, but I am putting down laminate flooring in the palatial Hall estate, so no dice for me. KILLING me not to play - especially today!

Today looked like a perfect day to play - real rough spending it in the car the whole day. The photos looked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was lucky to get out today. I think tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice. Hopefully folks can get out tomorrow.

I love that course, the only thing it has more of than elevation changes are blind shots...ha 18 is one of my favorite holes in the area. Oh the fact I stuffed a 5 iron on the approach in a tournament with about 50 people watching and made the birdie putt, makes it kind of memorable !!
My only birdie of the day was on 18. Hit 7 iron to the middle of the green and finally made a curling fast putt. The greens had been verticut and top dressed with sand so they were quick as shiznit! First time playing there but didn't do too bad. Beautiful day though :)

I was thinking of getting out to a range tomorrow, but with all this rain everywhere will probably be from mats. It sure was perfect earlier when we were driving in though. :/

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I was thinking of getting out to a range tomorrow, but with all this rain everywhere will probably be from mats. It sure was perfect earlier when we were driving in though. :/

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

olney golf park has covered and heated bays

Congrats to the three DMVers who will be participating in Club Clash, emart, CAA_Beat, and JonD. You guys are going to tear it up.

JonD you are expected to have cigarette in mouth on the first tee box, unless you've given it up. :D

That's awesome guys! Congrats again

Good job boys! Give'em hell and let'em know that we here in the DMV can play!

Good job boys! Give'em hell and let'em know that we here in the DMV can play!

You got a mouse in your pocket cause I know you're not talking about me?

DC MD VA Area Chat

Strong representation from the DMV. Love that

Strong representation from the DMV. Love that

Hopefully the waiting list works out for you Molten.

Hopefully the waiting list works out for you Molten.

If not, I'll be following along for sure. You are in for a heck of a treat it looks like. New job and now this - the year looks darn good, eh?

Unfortunately I couldn't convince the better-half that I really NEEDED to go. :( Not with 3 boys in college! My days of gallivanting around the country to play golf are long over I'm afraid. Well ... at least until the last kid goes through college ... which will be the year .... Hmmmmm .... crap I can't think that far ahead it gives me a headache! 2025?? Yikes!

Unfortunately I couldn't convince the better-half that I really NEEDED to go. :( Not with 3 boys in college! My days of gallivanting around the country to play golf are long over I'm afraid. Well ... at least until the last kid goes through college ... which will be the year .... Hmmmmm .... crap I can't think that far ahead it gives me a headache! 2025?? Yikes!
I am just happy enough to play, traveling to play just isn't in the cards for me now. One of these days haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back