What should I buy from the Rogue trade-in?

fistfullofbeer

Akshay ("Ak" + "Shay")
Reaction score
Handicap
20's
So .. this is just a strange problem to have. I bought some new Rogue irons from a local store after getting fitted and plan on trading in some of my older irons (and a few older clubs) in to make the most of the Rogue trade in bonus. Originally I was looking at buying the Rogue driver but I have been hitting my M2 solid off late. Even the fitting I went to showed that the M2 was better than what I got from the Rogue.

My guess is that I get somewhere in the 500-700 dollar range with the trade-in bonuses (based on what all I end up trading in). I pretty much upgraded most of my set last year (wedges, hybrids, putter, 3w) so not sure where to spend that money on. Maybe for the heck of it I can just get a Rogue Customs driver (assuming the bonus still applies).

What do you guys think? Suggestions?

So .. this is just a strange problem to have. I bought some new Rogue irons from a local store after getting fitted and plan on trading in some of my older irons (and a few older clubs) in to make the most of the Rogue trade in bonus. Originally I was looking at buying the Rogue driver but I have been hitting my M2 solid off late. Even the fitting I went to showed that the M2 was better than what I got from the Rogue.

My guess is that I get somewhere in the 500-700 dollar range with the trade-in bonuses (based on what all I end up trading in). I pretty much upgraded most of my set last year (wedges, hybrids, putter, 3w) so not sure where to spend that money on. Maybe for the heck of it I can just get a Rogue Customs driver (assuming the bonus still applies).

Custom Rogue would be cool but you most likely wouldn't even play it right?

Have you hit the Rogue fairways yet? They're unbelievable.

Custom Rogue would be cool but you most likely wouldn't even play it right?

If I get it, I probably would play it for a few rounds and see how it does. I prefer the looks of it over the M2 so even if I get the same performance, I would probably play the Rogue.

Have you hit the Rogue fairways yet? They're unbelievable.

No. Actually I have not. But I have been debating going with a 5W over my 3W (GBB Epic) because at my level of play I think the higher loft of the 5W could suit me better. I currently do not have a 5W either so that may actually be something for me to consider.

Sounds like a damn good problem to have. Let me know if you need help spending it..haha.

Do not see any holes in your setup.

No. Actually I have not. But I have been debating going with a 5W over my 3W (GBB Epic) because at my level of play I think the higher loft of the 5W could suit me better. I currently do not have a 5W either so that may actually be something for me to consider.
I was initially set on getting a 3w but the helpful guys on here pointed me to a 4w.. absolutely blasts off so I highly recommend it

That said, if the credit is transferrable I could use a pair of md4's :)

But seriously the woods are awesome

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I went Rogue 4W and it's longer than most 3W I've hit.

I was initially set on getting a 3w but the helpful guys on here pointed me to a 4w.. absolutely blasts off so I highly recommend it

That said, if the credit is transferrable I could use a pair of md4's :)

But seriously the woods are awesome

I was looking at that too. Heck, almost considered the custom Callaway MD4 wedges but I believe the bonus applies to 'Rogues' only. The 4W seems like a good option.

I went Rogue 4W and it's longer than most 3W I've hit.

Seems like the 4W could be a solid option. Hoping it is easier to hit than the 3W .. :D

I was looking at that too. Heck, almost considered the custom Callaway MD4 wedges but I believe the bonus applies to 'Rogues' only. The 4W seems like a good option.

Seems like the 4W could be a solid option. Hoping it is easier to hit than the 3W .. :D

On a perfect strike I got 230-240 out of my old 13* rbz stage 2, but those were very very very rare.. 232 on Saturday on 40* with a nice sbasic swing with the 4w

And yes very much easier to hit
e1987dd47c7b4c65d4cf24ab0709c01b.jpg

It definitely has been for me. Absolute game changer on distance and launch and extremely forgiving.

Pay off any debt! Debt free is freeing!

IMO the 3W is extremely good. I would 100% definitely start there. After that it is about gapping, but I will say numerous people seem to be raving about the Heavenwood.

I just got back from a fitting where I hit almost all of the new callaway stuff. I 2 was deciding what to take advantage of for the "trade in, trade up) promo. I went in thinking I would probably get the rogue draw driver. I honestly had the worst driver swing of my entire life today at the fitting. Nothing at all to do w/ the Rogue. Just 100% pure garbage swing. No way I could make any kind of driver decision so I thought I would hit a few other clubs (since I was paying for the fitting if I didn't buy something). I hit a few other brands of hybrids and utility irons as well as Callaway. Holy s**t that rogue x 3 hybrid is a freaking howitzer! I am not a big hitter at all and was getting clubhead speed of 91-94 w/ the hybrid. That's insane for me as my driver ss wasn't that high today. It was also effortless to elevate of the deck. THEN I hit a rogue X 7 iron. That was the only loft they had and I was hitting it as far as my XR 5 iron. Ordered the X hybrid 3 and a single graphite 4 iron of the rogue X iron.

I agree with others, look at the Rogue Fairway Woods. They are pretty amazing clubs.

Are you talking about the 50% Trade In Trade Up GOROGUE bonus? If so, that ended on Feb 28 I believe...but maybe there's a new promotion or you're talking about a specific store promo?

Are you talking about the 50% Trade In Trade Up GOROGUE bonus? If so, that ended on Feb 28 I believe...but maybe there's a new promotion or you're talking about a specific store promo?

I actually got an email from them saying that it was valid till end of April.

I think a 4w or 5w is the way to go, based on this response.

I think the trade-in value with the bonus was capped at $500 when I used it in February so check that fine print before buying (and I chose the pre-paid shipping label since I traded in a half dozen clubs).

I actually got an email from them saying that it was valid till end of April.

I received that email too, so I added a 4 hybrid. My first purchase was the Heavenwood, and if I could have only one Rogue product, it would be that one. Perfect club for me.

I used my trade-ins for a Rogue Draw driver. I tried the Rogue X irons, but they only had the 7 iron and with the really strong lofts I was worried about gapping plus, how these irons acted versus a normal 4-6 iron.

I have to wonder if having your irons super strong lofted really helps or does it make using your 6-8 irons just like hitting a normal 4-6 iron? Since I don't hit the 4 or 5 irons very well I passed. Waiting to hear more from others that might be geared to higher handicaps when reviewing these irons.

I am in the same boat trying to decide what to upgrade with trade in for my Steelhead irons. I have $420 trade in to use and can't decide. I would like to upgrade the XR hybrids, new FW woods or Rogue Draw driver.

I think the trade-in value with the bonus was capped at $500 when I used it in February so check that fine print before buying (and I chose the pre-paid shipping label since I traded in a half dozen clubs).

Yah. 4W or 5W definitely seems to be the way to go. Also, good point about the cap. Do you happen to know if it is $500 including the 50% (so basically trading in value of around $333 based on the rate card)? I would guess that to be the case.

Is that a $500 bonus (on $1000 worth of trade in product) or they cap it after $500 total trade in? I just traded in $573.75 worth of product expecting to get $860.63 worth of trade in credit.... so I hope that is all good...

Is that a $500 bonus (on $1000 worth of trade in product) or they cap it after $500 total trade in? I just traded in $573.75 worth of product expecting to get $860.63 worth of trade in credit.... so I hope that is all good...

Whatcha buying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back