Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A #9 putter. Never thought I would like the shape but rolled one today and enjoyed it

3 hybrid. I have no idea what company.

Do yourself a favor and test drive the J15. Also, I really like the XR Pro. Much more forgiving than it looks and tons of distance. I want to put one in my bag but I don't have space for it.

Do yourself a favor and test drive the J15. Also, I really like the XR Pro. Much more forgiving than it looks and tons of distance. I want to put one in my bag but I don't have space for it.
Demo day at my club on Thursday. Not sure B'stone will be represented, but I can at least narrow the search down.
I do need to try the J15 3h.

Apex 4H with a Speeder 865 shaft.

Debating trading in my current GBB, getting fit or at least being looked at swinging another GBB and getting a new one. But I really hate to take the $120 in the shorts on the trade. Decisions, decisions.

Cheap driver experiments. Tour Edge XCG7 Beta is peaking my interest.

Part of me is really pondering a 4h.

Really did not need to see That email that I received this morning from CPO on buy one get one free on Fairway Woods and hybrids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strong Grandaddy Ponders:

I feel like the bottom half of the bag is pretty solid
5-AW Apex CF16
56W MD3
60W MD3
Awesome Odyssey Putter

Which leaves 4 clubs at the top of the bag. I'm leaning
GBB
GBB 3 wood
GBB Heavenwood
Apex 4hybrid

Only time will tell, I really wonder how close to 4 hybrid would be to the Divine 9 if they aren't exact distances I may want to ditch the 3wood for a Divine 9

Don't know if the demo day reps from Callaway will have them anymore, but if they do... Try the 815 Alpha hybrid. I liked the 4H so much, I went ahead and added the 2H.

5-AW Apex CF16
56W MD3
60W MD3
Awesome Odyssey Putter

GBB
GBB 3 wood
GBB Heavenwood
Apex 4hybrid

Only time will tell, I really wonder how close to 4 hybrid would be to the Divine 9 if they aren't exact distances I may want to ditch the 3wood for a Divine 9

Love love love these ponders.

I'm leaning hard:

GBB
GBB 3W
GBB HW
GBB D9
Apex 5hy
Apex CF16 6-AW
MD3 54W
PM Grind 60
Putter of some sort.

I'm honestly not pondering anything right now, although I did just fulfill my R15 12* ponder. Driver experiments notwithstanding, I'm ridiculously happy with my bag right now.

Although, I may stock up on UTx grips if a sweet deal on them comes around again.

Daily ponder - Odyssey Works 2-ball fang, Birdie Balls, The Pill putting aid

Thinking about Ogio golf bags and how much I miss the Woode system.

5-AW Apex CF16
56W MD3
60W MD3
Awesome Odyssey Putter

GBB
GBB 3 wood
GBB Heavenwood
Apex 4hybrid

As far as that last ponder was concerned...I wouldn't go driver to heavenwood personally if I understood your thought right. I got about 10 yards less out of the heavenwood than the GBB 5 wood turned to 20* (which was weird to me being the same loft but the 5 wood being 1/4" shorter). I think the way you have the top of the bag there with Driver, 3 wood, heavenwood, 4 hybrid would be great. should have good gapping with those and all will be plenty forgiving and easy while still being launchers. In the end I'd just listen to the fitters, but having that idea going in will help the process along.

Man I am jealous of you guys haha

I'm leaning hard:

GBB
GBB 3W
GBB HW
GBB D9
Apex 5hy
Apex CF16 6-AW
MD3 54W
PM Grind 60
Putter of some sort.

It is going to be awesome to see all these different sets that end up being compiled based on people fittings with these clubs!

As far as that last ponder was concerned...I wouldn't go driver to heavenwood personally if I understood your thought right. I got about 10 yards less out of the heavenwood than the GBB 5 wood turned to 20* (which was weird to me being the same loft but the 5 wood being 1/4" shorter). I think the way you have the top of the bag there with Driver, 3 wood, heavenwood, 4 hybrid would be great. should have good gapping with those and all will be plenty forgiving and easy while still being launchers. In the end I'd just listen to the fitters, but having that idea going in will help the process along.

Man I am jealous of you guys haha

Yea gapping was my main thought with the ponder like you said. It really will come down to which fits best. My gut says the first set up with GBB, 3W, HW, 4H. I can't wait to bring the feedback on all of this when it actually happens! 19 days until Wheels Up!

I'm leaning hard:

GBB
GBB 3W
GBB HW
GBB D9
Apex 5hy
Apex CF16 6-AW
MD3 54W
PM Grind 60
Putter of some sort.

that is a solid looking bag with some serious goodness top to bottom. Close to what I had pondering when the contests first started. I would go 5-AW, swap 60 for 58 and debates on d9 over 4i but with apex hybrid my consider the 5h instead of 4i

Less than three weeks so there's still tons of time for this to change but my grandaddy bag should look something like this.

GBB
GBB 3W
Apex UT 21*
Apex UT 24*
Apex CF16 5-AW
MD3 56S
MD3 60W
#7 CS I think.

Putter is the biggest unknown for me right now

Less than three weeks so there's still tons of time for this to change but my grandaddy bag should look something like this.

GBB
GBB 3W
Apex UT 21*
Apex UT 24*
Apex CF16 5-AW
MD3 56S
MD3 60W
#7 CS I think.

Putter is the biggest unknown for me right now

You should also have them test you with the 816 alpha 3 wood with the weight back. Bombsssssss

You should also have them test you with the 816 alpha 3 wood with the weight back. Bombsssssss

I actually hit the 816 a little better than the GBB in the simulator. But it was only by a couple yards and I liked the feel and sound of the GBB better. But like I've said, I'm completely open to everything available to me. I have complete trust and faith in the guys at ECPC

That is one I do really really want to hit in the 3w slot.

I actually hit the 816 a little better than the GBB in the simulator. But it was only by a couple yards and I liked the feel and sound of the GBB better. But like I've said, I'm completely open to everything available to me. I have complete trust and faith in the guys at ECPC
I'm ready for us all to have our minds blown non freaking stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back