2018 Morgan Cup: Opening Odds

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
We are getting closer and closer to the 2018 Morgan Cup, and I am having a good time following both teams, in their respective prep threads.
If you haven't already taken a look, you can follow the Team's progress in these two threads:

Team Hackers Prep Thread-
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...1934-Team-Hackers-Prep-Thread-2018-Morgan-Cup

Team Paradise Prep Thread-
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/101889-Morgan-Cup-Team-Paradise-Prep-Thread

With the addition of the Arccos data that some of the members of both teams have been able to provide, it provides a unique look at how the individual team members are progressing. This is unique feature that we haven't see before in the lead up to competition based events.

The courses on which the Morgan Cup will be contested on are known, we also know that the Morgan Cup will be competed for over the course of 54 holes of competition, we don't know the format at this time. If you want to see and learn more about the courses, this thread is the home of some of the course related talk:

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...ammock-Beach-Conservatory-Course-Ocean-Course-)

Some other links that cover the courses can be found here:

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...5378-Hammock-Beach-Resort-Conservatory-Course

https://www.hammockbeach.com/ocean-course

https://www.hammockbeach.com/golf/conservatory-course

The Handicaps of the Teams-

Team Hackers:

Captain- Puttin4Bird 5
Asst Captain- Mike Yagley
Pkorf 6
Stemmy66 13.7
Mjkladis 10
j_sizzle9 9.1
Ottawaclo 12
Stryker 18

Team Paradise:

Captain- Tadashi70 4.8
Asst Captain- Jose Miraflor
Jimmy3864 7.8
ChristopherKee 5.6
Chefkritter 7
jdtox 6.9
c.a.eleric 5.6
PatsFan 26

Opening Odds:

Note: This is for entrainment proposes only, and to get some chatter built up about the Morgan Cup. Not to hurt anyone's feelings.

With out knowing the exact format this one will be tough to offer a number at this time. The courses are both brutal, and the players will need to bring their A game to survive. This post will serve for updates in the odds and break downs as more about the format of the competition becomes known, with that being said, I'm ready to post an opening number....

Team Odds of Winning the Morgan Cup:

Team Paradise -240
Team Hackers +200

Last edited:
throwing down my money on Team Hackers right now...

giphy.gif

If helps (and memory serves), I think Yagley was in the 6-8 range last year and Jose was about a 3.

Dang got some low caps on Freddie team and Jose is super low too. They might have this one in the bag.
Team Paradise all day

Hmm. Low caps.....mean more pops. this is a great thread! Thanks for throwing it all together for us all to follow along with!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Always interested in hearing your, aka "The House's", take on events. Looking forward to following along.

i have no clue what any of that means. can someone tell me whether we're supposed to win?

i have no clue what any of that means. can someone tell me whether we're supposed to win?

-200 means you gotta bet 200 to win 100....meaning thats the favorite.

+200 would mean you win 200 on a 100 bet...meaning thats the underdog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Supposed isnโ€™t really the right word, favored to win is more correct.

If this was a Sports Book in Vegas, if you wanted to bet on Team Paradise to Win you would have to lay $240 to win $100 (Odds of -240). If you bet on Team Hackers to win a bet of $100 would pay you $200 (Odds of +200).

Hope that helps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang got some low caps on Freddie team and Jose is super low too. They might have this one in the bag.
Team Paradise all day

The man knows what he's talking about.

Oh boy. Team hackers all day.

Supposed isnโ€™t really the right word, favored to win is more correct.

If this was a Sports Book in Vegas, if you wanted to bet on Team Paradise to Win you would have to lay $240 to win $100 (Odds of -240). If you bet on Team Hackers to win a bet of $100 would pay you $200 (Odds of +200).

Hope that helps...

aw shucks. you flatter us :)

Great opening analysis Dax. I am still sticking with Team Paradise as my pick. Although, with those odds, I would not lay down any action on it. Very, very rarely would I ever lay down a lot more money than I stand to win.

Jdax thank you for this thread, as a semi gambling degenerate and lover of wagering on sporting events this is awesome.

There will be parlay cards ahem lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Love the opening odds...

Team Paradise all day long!!!

2018 Morgan Cup: Opening Odds

Jdax thank you for this thread, as a semi gambling degenerate and lover of wagering on sporting events this is awesome.

I love fellow semi degenerates...
Main reason for the opening number is Team Paradiseโ€™s lower Team Cap & Iโ€™m banking that Alternate Shot is one of the formats, which is a pop equalizer. As you know lines are fluid, and are subject to change...

Time to bet the mortgage on Team Hackers!!

Straight cash, homey!! :moneymouth:

You guys in the event, keep the progress updates coming in the prep threads... The Arccos data is much appreciated & if you have access to a practice bunker, get your grind on, there are well positioned bunkers all over the place on both of these tracks.

Good luck...

I love fellow semi degenerates...
Main reason for the opening number is Team Paradiseโ€™s lower Team Cap & Iโ€™m banking that Alternate Shot is one of the formats, which is a pop equalizer. As you know lines are fluid, and are subject to change...

And influence...

Team Paradise has 6 guys (and likely 7) with single digit handicaps. Dang!, that has to be one of the most talented THP teams ever assembled. The good news is the handicap system works and it's going to be a great match. I'm leaning Team Hackers.

Team Paradise has 6 guys (and likely 7) with single digit handicaps. Dang!, that has to be one of the most talented THP teams ever assembled. The good news is the handicap system works and it's going to be a great match. I'm leaning Team Hackers.
Jose is a stick he is low single digits....dont let his lack of height fool you

Jose is a stick he is low single digits....dont let his lack of height fool you
We could do an episode of "height" or "cap" for this event I feel.....

Back