Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
The following is a press release:

COBRA GOLF EXPANDS THE KING FAMILY WITH F6+ AND F6 METALWOODS

Featuring the All-New CarbonTrac Weighting System and Adjustable CG to Provide Golfers the Perfect Combination of Low CG and High MOI

Carlsbad, Calif. (November 17, 2015) – Cobra Golf, a leader in golf club innovation and technology, today introduced the KING F6+ and F6 family of products, continuing to expand the collection of clubs under the legendary KING brand name. Through innovative research, premium materials, and COBRA’s unique performance enhancing technologies, personalized distance and adjustable center of gravity (CG) is now available to golfers of all levels.

The KING F6 Driver (MAP $349) features a dual position front-to-back CG system with 10-and 3-gram flip weights. This system delivers the ultimate blend of distance and extreme forgiveness, and promote faster ball speeds, lower spin and optimal launch angles. With the heavier weight in the front CG position you’ll see a penetrating ball flight with less spin that delivers more roll for maximum distance; while the back CG weight position delivers a towering ball flight with added spin to create more carry and increased forgiveness. For an increased range of performance, the light 3-gram weight can be removed all together, offering a third option to maximize CG movement and spin differential.

“The KING F6 family was created to bring the best zonal weighting technologies to golfers of all levels,” said Tom Olsavsky, VP of Research & Development at COBRA Golf. “Through improved material innovation and research we were able to design a stronger, lighter CarbonTrac structure that creates the perfect combination of adjustable low CG and high inertia. Something that is extremely hard to do. Thanks to the R&D team at COBRA Golf, golfers will discover the best in distance, forgiveness and precision in the F6 metalwoods.”
The KING F6 Driver is available in the same four colors as the F6+ (Black, White, Blue and Gray) in RH/LH in Lite, Regular, Stiff and X-Stiff flexes, and comes with a graphite, Matrix OZIK Red Tie 65Q4 shaft and Lamkin REL 360 grip. Available in-store January 15, 2016. MyFly8 Loft Range: 9°, 9.5°, 9.5°D, 10.5°, 10.5°D, 11.5°, 11.5°D, and 12°.

F6_driver_hero_black_2WT000-L.jpg

F6_driver_address_black_8bit000-L.jpg

F6_driver_address_white_8bit000-L.jpg

bar_driver_exploded_2_final-L.jpg

bar_driver_exploded_2_final_arrow-L.jpg

Oh man that white crown looks fantastic.

Like this one too! Guess the bio cell+ will have some competition for 2016

I've wanted to hit this since first finding out about it. Black Tie stock is interesting. Green coming it in March? Man not sure I want to wait on that. I'll take the blue. <br />
<br />
F6 going to be the same price as Fly Z was? that sounds like a hell of a driver for that price range. 349 MSRP definitely drops it to that 329 range. I like that.

Love the look of this one,lots of tech behind this one without looking busy. Paired with a Red tie ...magic

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Yep, this looks really really good. Love the price point and the stock shaft.

Never thought I would see the words penetrating and towering on a club but I like how simple Cobra is making it for someone that just picks one of these up off the shelf.

I don't know why, but I like the Penetrating vs Towering settings rather than High vs Low trajectory. Same thing...but I don't know, it just kinda sounds cool. These are defintely going to be a must hit driver for 2016!

Love the simple tech in this one and I love that all black look, too.

it looks great, and I like that they cut back a bit on the colors.
I will most likely give this one a try.

I've wanted to hit this since first finding out about it. Black Tie stock is interesting. Green coming it in March? Man not sure I want to wait on that. I'll take the blue. <br />

I think this one comes with the red tie, which makes a bit more sense I think.

Looks pretty good, I'm sure it'll bring some good results for some people

Only question I have is white or gray. This thing looks fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thing looks fantastic! TO is flexing his driver muscle for sure

Pretty interesting. Like what I am reading from Cobra. Bring it on.

I really like how they simplified the weight placement descriptions. Put the weight in the position that you want your ball flight to take. Really sharp looking club in the black!

Now this looks pretty cool. Similar weight system to the alpha fairways, which is a great thing.

Very nice looking club!!! Hope that it performs as well as it looks.

All black everything! This is an intimidating line....well for your competitors!

Great looking driver. Simple, yet refined. Definitely one I would like to take for a test drive.

Wow these look really good! I was sold with the KING LTD line and love how they are continuing with simplifying adjustments that are easy to understand. I have a soft spot for Cobra and that white crown is very well done IMO. Can't wait to hear more.

Wow, i stand corrected. These hi res pictures have these clubs looking amazing!

Though I like the overall looks of this new Cobra, the tech is nothing new. Does that mean it won't work or won't be a good driver, no...but I'd like to hit it for sure.

Like this one too! Guess the bio cell+ will have some competition for 2016

you and me both. I love pounding drives with my BC+. I was tempted to test out the FLY-Z series, but now this has piqued my interest even more.
cannot wait to see the reviews, perhaps even test one once they become available.
Not sure whether the F6+ / F6 is best, but both look appealing.

Thanks THP for the images!

I think that someone said it was replacing the fly z. Very similar in looks for sure.

Going to have to take a look at this one too when it comes out. Digging the Cobra offering all around this year...

Back