Favorite Competition Format

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So many to choose from, what is your favorite?

It depends. Best ball (Second ball on a tie) in 2 man team format was so awesome at The Gauntlet. I believe we had to go to the second ball about 14 times in our match. Im also a big fan of Shamble

My favorite is Modified Pinehurst with Shamble being second

If I had to pick just one...Shamble.

I cant remember what it was we played in last years Grandaddy? Both teed off, played each others tee shot then alt shot? Is that Modified Pinehurst? That was really fun.

I really liked the one we played at The King 1. Both tee off, choose the best shot, then alternate shot from there. Otherwise Singles is right up there.

Shamble is always a lot of fun and keeps the round moving at a good pace, IMO.

4 balls or 2 man better ball, whatever you want to refer to it as is my favorite. Everyone plays their own ball, yet you can really rely on your teammate and still play a team strategy. One guy plays it safe to position himself for par, the other guy goes aggressive and after the birdie, I love that!

I might be the odd man out but I really enjoy alternate shot

I can honestly say there is not one I don't like. I feel like I can adapt well to any format I've played.

I enjoy straight up Alt Shot, shambles are fun, and best ball is still a blast.

Give me any competition and I'm a happy camper.

I love alt shot. It's a completely different beast. Also love a shamble better ball.

Best ball, that way everyone can play their own ball

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Singles, followed by alt shot.

Alt shot is one of my favorite.

Shamble for me. But I like singles

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Best Ball or Match Play for me

I really don't have a favorite as I enjoy all of them. I play in more scrambles just because that's the most common format around where I live.

I love Shambles, and I'd like to try modified pinehurst and atl shot, they look fun!

So right there, and I like them all. If I had to choose just one, though, I'd probably take Modified Pinehurst. It's fun and requires both partners to stay really focused.

Shamble
Best Ball
Modified Pinehurst
Alt Shot

Schamble is where I shoot the best, but I really like the challenge of alternate shot.

Alternate shot for me. It is all in how you look at it tho.

My favorite is the Ryder Cup style events which requires a couple days of golf and varying types of games.

I like the Shamble and the best ball.

Back