Favorite Competition Format

Best ball for the fact that you play your own ball, and have a better idea on how you'd score.

Shamble is fun
Modified Pinehurst is also very fun!

Love the modified pinehurst and alt shot in match play. Really I enjoy any kind of match play. In stroke play the format doesnt mean much to me.

Years ago when I played in league I loved match play. I haven't done that for ages so I would say now Shambles are my favorite.

A hard one to answer, really. I really enjoyed the competition rounds in the Am Tour; straight-up, stroke play. Low player wins. In pairs, or team, competition, I always like best ball, if only because I like playing the full course. However, Alt Shot is right up there, because it brings a completely different strategic element into play, both for determining pairings, as well as for in-round decisions.

Match Play and Alt Shot probably followed by Best Ball.

If singles I like stroke play but using handicaps (hope they are true) to make it competitive. If twosome its bestball, and foursome has to be captain's choice. If I had to pick one it is captains choice. I get to have a great time with my buddies who happen to be pretty damn good golfers

I'm a fan of modified Pinehurst myself.

BestBall or straightup metal play. I like being in control and controlling my destiny

Love the 4 person scramble, but would really like to try the Shamble.

So right there, and I like them all. If I had to choose just one, though, I'd probably take Modified Pinehurst. It's fun and requires both partners to stay really focused.

This is my vote as well. I like alt shot as well, but enjoy the extra drive you get w/ modified pinehurst.

Best ball and alternate shot are fun. For multi-day events the Quota system has been a lot of fun.

Best ball and alternate shot are fun.

Agreed. I'd like to do some alternate shot this winter, since no one will care about their score due to inactive handicap season.

Shamble would be my #1 choice.

Match play - handicap singles. Alternate shot is fun, too. So is battle golf.

Match play - handicap singles. Alternate shot is fun, too. So is battle golf.

What the hell is "battle golf"? That sounds intense haha

What the hell is "battle golf"? That sounds intense haha

You joust on each hole with the golf carts, loser dies and has to raise the other guys family. Or the one where you get to take a club from the other persons bag when you win a hole.

Singles - straight up match play

Team - shamble followed by alt shot

I have not played that many different formats outside of the THP events that I have participated in.

Shamble.
Match Play
I think Pinehurst or Modified Pinehurst would be fun - keep everyone in it.
Best ball is always fun!

I like a two man match play format like our men's league. Anything that is team golf.

I really like Alt Shot. Best ball is also enjoyable to me.

I think I am a better partner in a true scramble format, especially on the greens, but I really enjoy Shamble.

You joust on each hole with the golf carts, loser dies and has to raise the other guys family. Or the one where you get to take a club from the other persons bag when you win a hole.
The first one sounds like way more fun lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Modified Pinehurst is my favorite, played 9 holes at Lake Charles and that is the most fun format IMO and it has a pretty fast pace of play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shamble is my favorite it's nice to pick the best drive then get to play your own ball from there. Have never done it with a decent partner though always struggled to shoot even par.

Back