Favorite PGA Tour Event

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What is your favorite event on the PGA Tour NOT including the majors?

Players

Memorial. Personal reasons though. Grew up going to that event

Players Championship. The field is always strong and I think the TPC Sawgrass course is a very entertaining one to watch on TV.
My second favorite is the Tournament of Champions at Kapalua, Maui. Just because I'm familiar with the course and we vacation in the area, so it's always nice to see familiar sights on TV.

Waste Management. It ensures there is a weekend in January where I can golf and not have to play a 5 hour round in Phoenix.

Man this is a tough one. Players, Waste Management, Memorial. I do like watching some of the WGC match play events as well.

Probably the Player's Championship.....

I like the Waste Management event. Always guys going really low, and you can't beat the show on the 16th!

Riviera. I love the course and so many different ways it can be played. There are some non major stops at classic architecture courses and this is the best one IMO

Honda Classic because they play the same course I played on Sunday in the THP 2014 Bridgestone Championship.

Watching on TV I'd go with the Players, in person I enjoy going to the Valspar at Innisbrook. Crowds aren't as large as out events I have been to so its easy to get close and see all of the action.

Ita a tie between Waste Management and The Memorial

I've always liked the Heritage, mostly because I went there a lot as a kid.

It's fun watching the pros move the ball around Harbor Town, and the setting is really nice.

Honda Classic because they play the same course I played on Sunday in the THP 2014 Bridgestone Championship.

Yup, first one that came to my head, shooting par on the bear trap will be something I could talk about for a long time.

Anything at Pebble Beach.

Probably the Players or Tour Championship.

I have a soft spot for the Sony Open having been able to attend one year. I would have to say the Memorial after that.

I really liked following the Honda this year and also the players. Hearing all the thp guys talk about playing at pga national made it all the better.

Riviera. I love the course and so many different ways it can be played. There are some non major stops at classic architecture courses and this is the best one IMO

Dangit! i forgot about this one. I really love this course and its old school layout. It says something when the tour keeps going back on how revered this venue is.

Hyundai ToC at Kapalua because I've played there, and it is so pretty and warm when we are in the midst of winter.

I have to go with the RSM Classic (formerly the McGladrey Classic) being played this week. I have been lucky enough to play the course many times and it makes it a more relate able experience for me. Plus I volunteer for it and get to be right up close to a lot of the action.

Same here.

if the ryder cup doesn't count, then probably the players because that course is so tough.

There are so many that I enjoy watching, its hard to pick! For the sake of being different, I'm going to pick the Greenbrier. I'm not 100% sure why I always like watching this one. The course is really different looking, but still beautiful. It may not have the deepest field, but the players seem to all really enjoy it. Add in the cash given out for HIOs, and it becomes an event that I really hope to attend one day!

Back