2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I swing a lot when I do it so I use the piece of equipment I do my dips on and you can post your back against the pad.
Also leg lifts on a decline bench and planks would be good additions

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Remember, your core's primary job is too keep you upright. That's my take at least

I'm not the type of guy to be powerlifting or workout to get huge I just want a stronger fitter total package. I'm always working on total fitness and functional muscles and put them to use playing hockey and other things.

Also leg lifts on a decline bench and planks would be good additions

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

You said the P word, I think I might need to block you now. :alien: I hate those so much but throw them in from time to time.

I'm not the type of guy to be powerlifting or workout to get huge I just want a stronger fitter total package. I'm always working on total fitness and functional muscles and put them to use playing hockey and other things.

You said the P word, I think I might need to block you now. :alien: I hate those so much but throw them in from time to time.
Isn't your core's functional purpose to keep you upright? I don't think you have to powerlift. Contrary to what may be the perception, just because somebody squats, bench presses and deadlifts does not make them a powerlifter. Competitive powerlifters typically do not follow the lifting models I believe in.

Isn't your core's functional purpose to keep you upright? I don't think you have to powerlift. Contrary to what may be the perception, just because somebody squats, bench presses and deadlifts does not make them a powerlifter. Competitive powerlifters typically do not follow the lifting models I believe in.

I wasn't speaking about you and should have been more clear. At my gym there are guys who have a huge chest and arms and other than lifting something a certain way their muscles have little function.

I was saying that I'm there for total fitness and work the entire body including the core front and back because I like being upright with good posture.

Going through the thread before I started to post in here your routine and my routine are very different and we probably have different goals or reasons for working out but I like your tips and the overall encouragement to the thread.

Question though. What do you guys usually ware when you workout?

I wasn't speaking about you and should have been more clear. At my gym there are guys who have a huge chest and arms and other than lifting something a certain way their muscles have little function.

I was saying that I'm there for total fitness and work the entire body including the core front and back because I like being upright with good posture.

Going through the thread before I started to post in here your routine and my routine are very different and we probably have different goals or reasons for working out but I like your tips and the overall encouragement to the thread.

Question though. What do you guys usually ware when you workout?
Yeah, guys like that are lifting for aesthetics and that's fine. I train for strength. It allows for a functional strength adaption without imbalances or loss of flexibility.

I wear common gym shorts that hang above my knees because I don't want them hanging below my knees and pulling during the lift. I always use a cotton shirt. It's just what I'm used to from squatting every session. Synthetic shirts can be slippery with a loaded bar on the shoulders.

My shoes are AdiPowers from adidas. Shoes like that are the ideal choice for loaded barbell lifts.

I like to wear the moisture wicking shirts that keep you cool and shorts above the knee or the ever fashionable sweatpants but prefer yoga pants because they are lighter. Just ordered a future Superman and future Spiderman compression shirt from ebay. I might look ridiculous but damn I'm so comfortable.

I like to wear the moisture wicking shirts that keep you cool and shorts above the knee or the ever fashionable sweatpants but prefer yoga pants because they are lighter. Just ordered a future Superman and future Spiderman compression shirt from ebay. I might look ridiculous but damn I'm so comfortable.
Not bad options really. If I'm conditioning or I know I'm not squatting I might wear a wicking shirt. But if I'm squatting or cleaning, always cotton and always with sleeves.

Not bad options really. If I'm conditioning or I know I'm not squatting I might wear a wicking shirt. But if I'm squatting or cleaning, always cotton and always with sleeves.

Makes sense. Last thing you need is a bar sliding on you mid lift. Good way to get injured.

Makes sense. Last thing you need is a bar sliding on you mid lift. Good way to get injured.
Good way to endure a code brown, if you know what I mean.

Good way to endure a code brown, if you know what I mean.

No idea what your talking about. Care to elaborate what a code brown is. You should go into great detail especially if this is from a first hand experience.

No idea what your talking about. Care to elaborate what a code brown is. You should go into great detail especially if this is from a first hand experience.
Google it. Hahaha

Google it. Hahaha

No need to Google. Just wanted a story that hopefully involved white shorts. hahaha.

I think I derailed the thread a little.

No need to Google. Just wanted a story that hopefully involved white shorts. hahaha.

I think I derailed the thread a little.
No chance. Thankfully, never happened. I don't let the bar slip ;)

For those that maybe interested the IWF world championships starts today in Houston. This is Olympic weightlifting. If your not familiar with Olympic weightlifting the lifts are the snatch and clean and jerk. It is being streamed on ESPN3 and the USA weightlifting website.

For those that maybe interested the IWF world championships starts today in Houston. This is Olympic weightlifting. If your not familiar with Olympic weightlifting the lifts are the snatch and clean and jerk. It is being streamed on ESPN3 and the USA weightlifting website.
I am interested! Looks like I know what I am doing today

Thanks for the heads up! Fun to catch some coverage

One thing to note for anyone that watches the IWF coverage. Is all the weight is in kg. To convert to lb take the weight times 2.3.

One thing to note for anyone that watches the IWF coverage. Is all the weight is in kg. To convert to lb take the weight times 2.3.
Right. Helps to put in perspective how powerful those lifters are.

Working on my maxes today. Didn't get to the squats, but I'll 1rm them next time.
I'm pretty happy that the YMCA Mrs. Sudseh and I joined has proper equipment.

7c327e8445d79c4fc479a936f8a21561.jpg

608ecbbc636ef4bb4ab647b5e7c1b8ba.jpg

fba3a21e85843e2400bfdfae328f776f.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Working on my maxes today. Didn't get to the squats, but I'll 1rm them next time.
I'm pretty happy that the YMCA Mrs. Sudseh and I joined has proper equipment.

YMCA's are good for that.

YMCA's are good for that.
Yeah, the Y in Ellicott City Maryland was lacking, but the one here in Cary is pretty well built out.

So a day before I start my month of 10x3 for fat loss (t-nation style), I would like to echo the words of a semi-famous bodybuilder... "if you don't enjoy it, what's the point". Here's to enjoying it. :)

Check out the beautiful new addition to my gym! Makes me sad that pulls aren't until Thursday or Friday.

2721c27dd4551377496f350fd41b68a8.jpg

Check out the beautiful new addition to my gym! Makes me sad that pulls aren't until Thursday or Friday.

2721c27dd4551377496f350fd41b68a8.jpg
Oh hell yeah!! Looks like your gym has some awesome owners. New racks and now platforms are sweet. Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back