Tour Edge Exotics Usage on Tour

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THPers asked us to find out about Tour Edge and sponsorship, so we went right to the source and asked. The Champions Tour is not often viewed as an equipment mecca by fans, but there is a quiet swell going on there, along with other tours around the world on the CBX line of metal woods.

We wanted more information on the usage and whether or not Tour Edge would now have contracted staff members so went to their HQ and sat down with Sr VP of Marketing Jon Claffey to discuss.

Last edited:
Great to see their clubs getting play on major professional tours. Always root for the OEMs that are great THP partners.

Would never have guessed that. Great to hear!

Interesting only about half, great insights direct from the source!

It's great to hear that. I remember when they came out with the Bazooka line when I was a kid. I had the driver and hit it well. I haven't had any more of their clubs until the HL3 that I got on here through a contest which I love after one round might I say. They make some great clubs!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TEE crushes the fairway woods and hybrid slot of the bag. Wondering how many PGA Tour players have whole bag sponsors instead of irons and separate woods sponsors. That might explain why more PGA guys are not using these solid long clubs.

I am old enough for the Champions Tour and look what is in my bag. Looking like a pro!

Their tour club numbers are getting higher. Only hybrid that's lasted in my bag has been a TEE, so they do make a nice club. I'd love to see more of the CBX line making its way onto the PGA tour. Maybe Jason Dufner needs new woods, he seems like he's enjoying some fun testing time.

Awesome. Their FWs & hybrids are stellar.

I just wish they would release some more info on CBX Ironwood full set. Still nothing on the full set on the TEE website.

• Admin
Awesome. Their FWs & hybrids are stellar.

I just wish they would release some more info on CBX Ironwood full set. Still nothing on the full set on the TEE website.

THP TV will have a full feature out soon on it with David Glod. I would expect the website updated in the next few weeks.

THP TV will have a full feature out soon on it with David Glod. I would expect the website updated in the next few weeks.
Excellent.

I was able to hit the 4i in a local shop & was stunned by the distance. If they give me effortless distance like that throughout the set, it would be hard not to replace my current irons.

I think it is important for a company like Tour Edge to get this information out there about choice of pros (especially Champions and Women's as they are the closer to amateur swings) when not tied down due to money. Another notable OEM has done recently and the word has gotten out pretty well. Very nice video here.

Good video, good information, and good for Tour Edge! They make great stuff. Also appreciated the proper usage of "whether" instead of "if." What can I say, I'm an idiom snob. . . .

I think it is important for a company like Tour Edge to get this information out there about choice of pros (especially Champions and Women's as they are the closer to amateur swings) when not tied down due to money. Another notable OEM has done recently and the word has gotten out pretty well. Very nice video here.

It will be interesting to see how they follow up on this and if the success continues.

Back