Do Some Players Get "Preferential" Treatment

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
So the Reed/Spieth thing from last weekend made me wonder if some of the games biggest stars do get to enjoy some looser standards and norms versus journeymen. What do you think?

In 2 words... hell yes. :D

So to my recollection we've had very few penalties for slow play. The last, and please correct me if I'm wrong, was the teenager who got a 1 stroke penalty? Guan Tinalang.

The day we say a Top 50, much less a Top 10 player in the world get called on this since it's flat out embarrassing watching on TV how long some players take then I'll say no. They get put on the clock and it's just an empty threat.

Until then, absolutely.

Absolutely

Sadly yes....no professional sport is completely fair.

Without a doubt

I'm sure Tiger woods is treated differently than the last guy on the money list.

I tell my kid's all the time that life isn't fair.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Everybody is treated differently...by everybody. That's life in the food chain.

Yes, most definitely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely there is a difference

You need to look no farther than when the officials allowed the fans to move that boulder for Tiger as a 'loose impediment'!

Of course they do, just like all of us travel through life differently. As far as Spieth and Reed.... well, one guy seems to be a nice guy who plays slow and knows the rule book forwards and back, the other comes off slightly differently...

Same as refs in the NBA, MLB umpires and even police officers when they pull someone over.

most definitely. 100%

Of course.

Easiest examples are NBA elites getting/no getting calls late in games.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m gonna say no. We might see 10% of the field, week in and week out. There is no way of know if some get a pass and others don’t.

Hell yes.

Does a one legged duck swim in a circle ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Absolutely...I believe it happens intentionally and unintentionally.

Yes and no. Golf is probably one of the better sports as there isn't a ton of subjective stuff or spur of the moment calls. Before the call in change I think any treatment for being a star might have been outweighed by more chance of getting an after the fact penalty. Now I can easily see this being an issue with being on the clock and how the "enforce:alien:" it.

Absofreakinglutely. Enforcement seems hit or miss a lot of times it seems. It may be perception, but if there's smoke....

Of course they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back