Questions for league play

lanoxrehab

Reaction score
Handicap
Trying a men's league for the first time. Season starts next week and I have some questions. I would rather ask my friends here at THP than look stupid with my opponent.

1. Can I switch balls in the middle of a round ?
2. Can I putt with a different ball than I teed off with ?
3. Can I yell "YOU DA MAN" after I hit a shot ?
4. What about after my opponent hits a shot ?

Yes
No
No
Maybe

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1) yes, just not during a hole
2) no
3) yes, but i prefer "macaroni and cheese" (mashed taters is overused these days)
4) nah, that's the competition....just don't smile too much when they go OB or miss a putt

1. yes, unless in the unlikely event the rules for your league specify otherwise
2. no
3. no
4. no

On Q's 3 and 4, not sure if these are really serious questions, especially as a league newby and that you say you are concerned about impressions joining this league.

Go there planning on being a gentleman, staying quiet and still while others hit or putt ... that puts you in good stead regardless of what others do.

Last edited:
1) yes, just not during a hole
2) no
3) yes, but i prefer "macaroni and cheese" (mashed taters is overused these days)
4) nah, that's the competition....just don't smile too much when they go OB or miss a putt
What about tater tot casserole?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes
No, unless you lost the teed ball during the hole
Sure (I prefer "Mashed Potatoes")
Maybe

I've played in leagues with guys that putt with a different ball. Check with your league whether it's cool or not.

I've played in leagues with guys that putt with a different ball. Check with your league whether it's cool or not.

I’ve also been in a league where this was allowed. It was specifically called out in the league rules though.

Back