Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Ponder engaged. The originals were so so good. I really miss those. These are improvement to those? Sign me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I loved the originals man consider me interested too...maybe find a bogo?

I loved the originals man consider me interested too...maybe find a bogo?

Do it. If anyone can find that deal, it's you.

Ponder engaged. The originals were so so good. I really miss those. These are improvement to those? Sign me up!

Yep. Better. I believe that completely as I gamed the originals a year myself.

Yes sir, I like hearing this.

Crazy awesome toe forgiveness? Asking for a friend

Crazy awesome toe forgiveness? Asking for a friend

Yep bottom groove friendly too.. I heard that from a friend. Hosel isn't all that forgiving and I'll admit I tested that

Took some swings with the CF16 today, with the stock recoil in F3. Really liked the overall feel. I would probably like the extra 10g you get with the F4, but they were a lot of fun. Definitely long, definitely forgiving.

Yep bottom groove friendly too.. I heard that from a friend. Hosel isn't all that forgiving and I'll admit I tested that
Hosel isnt the problem but my friends secondary miss is thin....good to know

CF16 + Pxi 6.5 make Jman a happy boy.

Two full days with these & they are better than the originals. From feel, forgiveness, distance and overall design technology, these blow the original Apex out of the water.

I am thinking a set of these should find their way into my 2016 bag!

Today was a much better ball striking day for me. Early on I was taking an extra club as far as distance goes and just making sure I made a smooth swing. I hit some really solid iron shots today and I am shocked at the feel of these even with the CF. I'll have more to say once I come back down to earth a little bit and get more time with them

Excited to hear your thoughts on your fitting into PXi 6.5

My friend recently begun standing closer to the ball with his irons and that has so far helped him reduce the misses your friend experiences. Awesome to know that these have protection built in for those 2 apparently widespread misses.

thin miss is pretty forgiving. I have a friend who has this miss too and the results he sees with them is pretty close to what is seen with a good strike,

I have 6.0 and love the combo.

thin miss is pretty forgiving. I have a friend who has this miss too and the results he sees with them is pretty close to what is seen with a good strike,

I have 6.0 and love the combo.

I would agree that the thin miss is forgiving. At least that's what they told us at ECPC :)
And I also went with the 6.0 and it's just a great combo for me

These 5-Astonishing Wedge, KBS Tours, Acid Green UTx!!! These weapons are going to get some serious action, I'll be giving them more time on the course back home starting tomorrow, no rest for these beauties! They feel so good and I was curious about the transition from the CF in the 7 iron down to the bottom of the bag but every club falls right in line. The 8-A(wesome) make you think the CF is in every club!

These 5-Astonishing Wedge, KBS Tours, Acid Green UTx!!! These weapons are going to get some serious action, I'll be giving them more time on the course back home starting tomorrow, no rest for these beauties! They feel so good and I was curious about the transition from the CF in the 7 iron down to the bottom of the bag but every club falls right in line. The 8-A(wesome) make you think the CF is in every club!

I don't like your 6i. Too whippy.

These with the recoil 110s are incredible. Picked up around 10-12 yards on my current set of irons. So so forgiving especially the bottom of the face. Will have more when I get home and put them through the paces

Keep going between PX 6.0, C-Taper, and Tour V as the shaft of choice in these. Mayyyyyy need a proper fitting.

These with the recoil 110s are incredible. Picked up around 10-12 yards on my current set of irons. So so forgiving especially the bottom of the face. Will have more when I get home and put them through the paces

What other shafts did you try during the fitting? What were those results?

What other shafts did you try during the fitting? What were those results?

Tried the steel fibers and a steel option forget the name. The steel fibers were nice but just really like the feel of the recoils

Back