The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

99f3e33a26e19885ad501ff0ac7f1a1f.jpg

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I need me one of those coins!

Good luck. The most limited coin out there. I know Mike has been looking for that for a couple years now

This is my first live Grandaddy update thread, and not knowing much about the course, or any of the participants (other than forum readings), it honestly felt like I was watching along in person/on tv. The constant updates, pictures, and videos really brought it all to life. What an amazing event.

A huge thanks to those who organized, played, and provided the live commentary. An event like this gains mythic status through written word, both live and then through memories. Without this thread, #TheGrandaddy wouldn't be as special as it is to many of us.

Though I'm a member of this forum, I never really cheered for one team or the other. Sure, I wanted "the underdogs" to win, since the ZooCrew had taken 2 in a row, but it's hard to root against Callaway. The amount of effort and love they have for this event is glowingly evident. Enough cannot be said about them, and it makes me even prouder to have an all Callaway bag (right down to the towels and balls). To see a company treat their customers this way - and not the high rolling Hollywood types, but the normal guys too - it really wants to make me keep doing business with them. My buddies like to call me Captain Callaway, and that's a badge I will wear with honor.

To next year, and hopefully, redemption.

194243e6a901951c51691cf4dcadcc0c.jpg
bbbc551a19d05be0c5f5e405cab3cc0c.jpg
75abf07af0812f86c3fd3a5765e606dd.jpg

The sun sets on another #TheGrandaddy. I hope we did our part so others can experience what we just did.

72fb0122704c0cf4cc67a105968d2738.jpg

You all rocked it.

I had to really bounce in and out of the thread today but you guys did a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e2b6f84d93da2e03e193f3065f83aa5e.jpg

99f3e33a26e19885ad501ff0ac7f1a1f.jpg

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all need a fountain (and a view) like that.

Did JRod change in the parking lot after the round like at #TheGauntlet? :laugh:

Call JRod Houdini. He was an escape artist today (unfortunately for DJ Rallo)
1e04c06d9d734ee8d3e721098021e793.jpg

He definitely had game to spare. You're no slouch either, Chad. You had a hell of an approach from a bunker from 130ish out, and a bunch of clutch putts. It was fun to watch you and PhillyV go at it on the back nine. Good luck at #theCup!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That honestly looks so good it looks fake. Almost like a painted perfect. Honestly breath taking.

As in years past, this event has been awesome to follow, despite the final tally I know for a fact you guys had a heck of a time and are proud of what you left out there.

Superb, simply magnificent coverage of what seems like genuinely nice people competing in a classy way at one of the most gorgeous pieces of land on the planet. Well done everyone!

Just getting caught up on today's action. Thanks everyone for a fantastic follow, and for letting us here at home feel like we were a part of the event. Congrats to the ZooCrew, and kudos to Team Redemption.

Johnny's satisfied with the Grandaddy result, to say the least...
2f92ad9c1bb18273b2f3a6cd2d772c3f.jpg

Did everyone have fun?

Jrod has the game, and the style... I love that belt and glad he was rocking it today!

Call JRod Houdini. He was an escape artist today (unfortunately for DJ Rallo)
1e04c06d9d734ee8d3e721098021e793.jpg

What a day and match vs Misike. Like yesterday it was a grind (but a fun one) all day.

He had me on the ropes from the start but I was able to stave off defeat until our 17th hole. I don't think I saw him 3-putt in 36 holes and I was very close to hiding his GBB at the turn. Plus he was getting up and down out of the native areas as if he was hitting fairways & greens. Ridiculous. That is a man I would play against (or on a team with) any day. I shot a bittersweet 80 (with gimmes) and lost, hard to be upset about that.

Mike G and DNevs also had a war of attrition. A back and forth battle that came down to the final hole. I don't think Mike G missed one inside four feet in two days.

Some great action on the course with a great crew of THPers. Great job as always by JB and GG, the Hideaway, and JMan for cultivating a great culture amidst Team Redemption.

Thanks to everyone who followed along , it's always extra-exciting to know that there's a virtual gallery out there.

You brought out the best in me today, it was a grind but I had a blast. I really hope we get to tee it up together sometime again. And, when I start posting in the review thread about GBB and he Apex CF's and how great I'm hitting them, please back me up since you witnesses or, lol. Don't want to come off as an Internet golfer. I absolutely love the GBB and was the most consistent off the tee I've ever been. Even my misses were great shots (for me). Fairway and far.

Mikey_G. What a cart mate you were these past couple days. Couldn't have asked for a better partner. The member we played with today thought we were old friends, couldn't believe we just met a few days ago.

Much, much more to come later, but so grateful to be a part of this. And so grateful for everyone that made it was it was. Got 11 new brothers and a bunch more friends after this week.

Did everyone have fun?

If not, they should be banned from this site for life. I had a blast following via the inter web, can only imagine the joy in person.

Just taking a siesta on my Superman Jammie's.....Get off me yo!

We will leave this one going for a few days and the recap thread will kick off early next week.

So so so so so so good

Back