Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Fairway Wood Review

Lofty, Lofty praise from this man. And I am inclined to agree, which is why one is in my bag.
And the Rogue 70x is freaking perfect for me in it. High, beautiful, shots.

What loft are you using Jman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I got some of the same results you guys have. My 16* just doesn't work for me like how the 815 16* did. What configurations are you guys playing it at?

What loft are you using Jman?

16 degree, set to stated and neutral.

Its so effing good. SO SO SO good.

16 degree, set to stated and neutral.

Its so effing good. SO SO SO good.
Why can't I pull the trigger! I'm so attached to 5 deep is crazy

Kevin. Buy it already! :angry:

Favorite. 3w. Ever.

This is a weapon for me, a stone cold weapon.

Brother me too. I was POUNDING mine today. JRod and Hashtag aren't short hitters and I was with them if not further all day. It really was my go to when the driver swing wasn't working early

Favorite club in my bag right now just ahead of my driver. The 14* with the heavy weight in the back is the most forgiving fairway wood Callaway has ever made and the thing is seriously a launcher. Paired with the Rogue I/O it's just a perfect fit for me. The tee box is where this club shines the best for me.

did any grandaddy guys go +/- in loft setting on any of the woods or was everyone fit to stated loft?

did any grandaddy guys go +/- in loft setting on any of the woods or was everyone fit to stated loft?
I stayed with the current loft at 16*. I don't think anyone changed loft but not sure

Favorite club in my bag right now just ahead of my driver. The 14* with the heavy weight in the back is the most forgiving fairway wood Callaway has ever made and the thing is seriously a launcher. Paired with the Rogue I/O it's just a perfect fit for me. The tee box is where this club shines the best for me.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Love this club.

And you've got 2!!! of them in the bag. #Jealous

I'm so so good with this club on the range. Unfortunately, I forget how to play a 3 wood as soon as I'm on the course, but that's beside the point. At least on the range, I'm hitting the ball higher and farther than I ever have with any other 3 wood.

I had the 816 set at 17° today and was very happy with the results. First time out with the club and though the first shot was a little rough I found it very easy to hit. Out of the T box it was Lazer straight 240 yards. Now for 48° and a very wet course I couldn't be happier. Really look forward to getting from know it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Standard 16, set to stated/draw.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Fairway Wood Review

Both 816 fairways I have are stated/draw with the Rogue I/O 70x. An incredible combination for me

Both 816 fairways I have are stated/draw with the Rogue I/O 70x. An incredible combination for me

Standard 16, set to stated/draw.

If I was hitting it like you two I wouldn't change either. The draw setting isn't something I considered in mine yet. I might look at that next time out.

My buddy is doing very well with his, apart from a shaft snap at the hosel...Cally replaced it. He's steep and slicing big, yet he can work it back into play...amazing!
If I was to replace my G25 5w head...it would be 816. G25 is working well...

If I was hitting it like you two I wouldn't change either. The draw setting isn't something I considered in mine yet. I might look at that next time out.

I just double checked and both of my fairways are set to neutral not draw. Which is surprising because I hit a nice draw with them lol

I just double checked and both of my fairways are set to neutral not draw. Which is surprising because I hit a nice draw with them lol

Like Fup I want to be like PhillyV when I grow up. :act-up:

Seriously happy for you and you will be one to reckon with for a long time with this bag setup

I'm not putting down the GBB fairways by any means. They're fantastic and almost ended up in my bag. But the 816's are just freaks

I'm not putting down the GBB fairways by any means. They're fantastic and almost ended up in my bag. But the 816's are just freaks
The 16° is a freak of a wood. It really is a treat

The 16° is a freak of a wood. It really is a treat

They told us the 16* with the 16g weight in the back is the best fairway they've ever made. The 14* with the 16g in the back has the highest moi. I'll take that forgiveness lol on 18 yesterday I was so nervous my hands couldn't stop shaking. I put a poor swing and caught it high and towards the toe and maybe lost 10 yards but still had the same launch and ball flight. Just silly forgiving

Back