Indi Golf StingRay TT Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
paging Sposey....#ItsConforming

paging Sposey....#ItsConforming
Hahahaha, oh lord please don't encourage all that again.

I think they look good, and it's a surprising yet neat move for them.

Like that the grooves go the length of the face, pretty much made for my toe shots out of bunkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested to see how these perform. Appears the price is close to the premium lines of wedges (Titlelist SM7, Callaway MD4) so expect the forgiveness is what you are paying for. Might be a tough sell but will wait for some reviews to come in. Always nice to have a new wedge in the mix....thanks JB.

I really enjoyed their StingRay wedge. It was fun to use it and watch the ball spin back, and it's still in my bag. Glad to see that they are rolling out a conforming wedge this year … maybe some of those who objected to the non-conforming wedge will be willing to give this one a try. LOL ... who am I kidding.

I enjoyed the original. It was a fun club that my father in law fell in love with when I let him try it and I didn't have the heart to repossess. These look good! I hope more people give them a try.

oh $159...oof, thats a crowded space with some big names, not sure it will pan out

I guess it was smart for them to release a conforming wedge though I really think they are going to find it tough going at that price pont with so many other well established OEM's wedges coming in at or below that. But would like to give them a try one of these days to test their spin claims.

oh $159...oof, thats a crowded space with some big names, not sure it will pan out

That is indeed a tough price point. I am glad to see them producing a conforming wedge.

That's great that they have a product that conforms to the rules but I think they are going to struggle at that price point trying to compete with the big names.

That is indeed a tough price point. I am glad to see them producing a conforming wedge.

Yeah at that price people are walking out with a Cleveland or Titleist wedge...not a Indi

They'll run sales, just like they did with the original.

Did not see this coming. Thought their whole gig was the non conforming. The design is very busy and price is $30-40 too much. Also the claims are VERY BOLD.

I like it. Non conformance was my only issue with the original offering too. 25% more spin would be fun. but I'm amazed there was that much room to improve spin above what other design engineers have achieved.

That's great that they have a product that conforms to the rules but I think they are going to struggle at that price point trying to compete with the big names.

You might be right, but you wont see these in stores next to others. So its not like going to a retail store and seeing a line of wedges. People will be going to Indi, because they heard or looked for Indi. Similar to many other smaller wedge makers. I have not seen or tried the TT, but I am a fan of the ScoopBack from the original.

What's interesting is the Hi-Toe from Taylormade is $10 more and very few thought it was too expensive. While I am not comparing the two, Indi Golf is saying that this spins more than every major wedge on the market by about 25%. That is a bold claim, and if true, I dont think a $10 price hike over most wedges and $10 less than the TaylorMade is that far out of line.

Now I can mix and match conforming and non-conforming. That will really mess up Shane hehe

Interesting, yet logical, move for them. First one must have been pretty successful, one would assume, to get a 2nd conforming line. That price point though, that is a tough get in my personal opinion.

Did not see this coming. Thought their whole gig was the non conforming. The design is very busy and price is $30-40 too much. Also the claims are VERY BOLD.

Yeah if the claims are true, they need an ad like Tiger with the Prov1 to show the consumer, otherwise they are using their funds for a wedge from a known company (including Taylormade)

Having really, really, liked the feel of the non-conforming wedge, I'd absolutely give these a shot. $159 is expensive, but not crazy. If they performed best, it's worth $40 or so over 2 years. And as James said, they'll likely be sales.

Hoping to get a chance to try these out on the course at some point.

$160 blind buy for Indi
$100 blind buy for Ben Hogan

Hm.

$160 blind buy for Indi
$100 blind buy for Ben Hogan

Hm.

If price is the only consideration, you might as well through grenade in there too.
$100 for 3 wedges.

FWIW, I think people will find these accessible in the future. Not big box mind you, but accessible.

If price is the only consideration, you might as well through grenade in there too.
$100 for 3 wedges.

Also an option, but the Bombtechs have no real tech story to speak of.

Also an option, but the Bombtechs have no real tech story to speak of.

I could make the argument that they have as much of one as the Hogans.
Bombtech story is with the oversize club head for forgiveness and a heavier head which can promote assistance.

Their marketing of it is horrible, but it has a story.

I have no idea how or if these will sell, but I like the tech story and am a big fan of choices.

Back