The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Chipping and putting for me, really liking where my short game is right now.

Grandaddians,
What is your one quirk on the course, that others might struggle with?

For me its that I play very fast. Too fast a lot of times and it can make partners come out of their routine.

If we are the slow group that is holding up the course I've tended to rush things, maybe not taking my usual shot routine or taking as much time to read my putt. I think this can also rub off on the group. Doesn't happen often, but something in my mind hates being the group everyone else is waiting on.

If we are the slow group that is holding up the course I've tended to rush things, maybe not taking my usual shot routine or taking as much time to read my putt. I think this can also rub off on the group. Doesn't happen often, but something in my mind hates being the group everyone else is waiting on.

Do you consider yourself fairly slow on the course?

We definitely have some around there but definitely have some higher and some lower.

I can't wait until your team is announced. The suspense is getting good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandaddians,
Recently I was asked to discuss something about playing in match play with a partner and the competitive/serious/fun dynamic. I believe that one can have all 3 going at the same time, but others struggle with keeping that same thing. If I had to rank the 3 it would go serious/fun/competitive. If I had to further rank the 3 it would be 40/35/25. Where do you stand with the ratio of those three things and please dont say 33.3 across the board. We know that everybody wants to have a good time and win, but every person is different.

For me it's Fun/Serious/Competitive. My reasoning is that in golf (or any sport I've played), it seems like I always play the best when I'm having fun doing it. So, the other two are much easier to accomplish when you and your partner are having a good time. IMO. To me, fun isn't a direct substitution for being serious. I still think each shot, hole and situation needs to be approached seriously, not just "ah eff it, I'm gonna close my eyes and just go for it every time". And the competition, I'm very competitive, but have learned to live with the results, which is something I used to struggle with. Now, I've also come to root for the other guys (a little) I'm playing against. I totally want to win, but I like it to be competitive. Seems like those are the times it brings out some of my best shots. So, finally ranking summary 50/30/20.

For me it is Fun/Competitive/Serious I am not sure in the difference between the the last two. Serious has somewhat of a negative connotation in my mind so I guess I would say 45/45/10 in that order.

I am extremely competitive but it is golf and it is supposed to be fun

Do you consider yourself fairly slow on the course?

No, not really. When I play by myself, I can usually get a 18 holes in around 2 hours. That may be why it gets to me if our group is holding things up, since I'm used to keeping up with pace of play.

For me it is Fun/Competitive/Serious I am not sure in the difference between the the last two. Serious has somewhat of a negative connotation in my mind so I guess I would say 45/45/10 in that order.

I am extremely competitive but it is golf and it is supposed to be fun

YES!

Golf! Is! FUN!

This thread is rock'n the last few days! Lot's can be accomplished still in a few weeks with the golf game so don't put the cruise control on just quite yet! Which brings me to my question to the participants:

If golf was like a relay race, being that one person would hit the tee shot in the 1st leg, another would hit the approach shots into greens and the last would work all the chipping and putting to the hole, which leg would you want to be in as of today. Is it because it's your strength of your game or because of something else?

Definitely not on cruise control yet. I have a lesson planned Saturday.

I would want to be on he chipping/putting leg because of the 3 I think it's my strongest right now. And something I've seen the most improvement in with the work I've been doing. Not saying it's perfect by any means, but noticeably better than it was a few months ago.

I can't wait until your team is announced. The suspense is getting good.

Should not be much a surprise at all based on who has played in the past and there has been talk about us adding a couple. As always, will be a great crew!

Should not be much a surprise at all based on who has played in the past and there has been talk about us adding a couple. As always, will be a great crew!

Oh without a doubt, zoocrewers are a great crew. Just like Team Redemption.

As cool as it was to see two more get in on our side of things, it was just as cool to see two more of the #ZooCrew get in knowing just how hyped up everyone there gets in anticipation for this one. Truly something both sides really really look forward to each year....hell...that's an understatement actually.

Oh without a doubt, zoocrewers are a great crew. Just like Team Redemption.

Ehhh. Ddec is kind of revolting. And lets face it, nobody wants me there. Outside of that, Team Redemption is pretty solid.

Ehhh. Ddec is kind of revolting. And lets face it, nobody wants me there. Outside of that, Team Redemption is pretty solid.
Revolting is kind of a strong way to put it, I would say tolerable

ehhh. Ddec is kind of revolting. and lets face it, nobody wants me there. outside of that, team redemption is pretty solid.

lies!!! Freaking lies!!!!

Wouldn't mind getting a match in with Ethan. Just not sure which guy will show up. Will it be XR man, Cowboy Ethan, Elvis Ethan, or Astronaut Ethan. Just hope its not Cowboy Ethan, that dude looked like the guy on the Twinkie box.

Made sure to mention on Twitter you DEFINITELY want to play Cowboy Ethan.

Stop selling me short. I'm crazy revolting.

I said it on Twitter, but I'll say it here too.

This event literally takes my attention all day, every single day, for almost a year now its been that one thing I can hang my hat on when times are happy/sad/whatever.

I also want to take just a second to say THANK YOU to #TeamRedemption. I have asked you all to do things more differently than they have ever been done for any major event on THP, and you all have, thank you so very much.

Now, I have a question for you Grandaddians, outside of the competition and the fitting, what are you MOST excited about?

For me I think its just the sitting down at night/whenever with everyone and getting to talk about whatever the moment deems the conversation should be about.

This event literally takes my attention all day, every single day, for almost a year now its been that one thing I can hang my hat on when times are happy/sad/whatever.

I also want to take just a second to say THANK YOU to #TeamRedemption. I have asked you all to do things more differently than they have ever been done for any major event on THP, and you all have, thank you so very much.

Now, I have a question for you Grandaddians, outside of the competition and the fitting, what are you MOST excited about?

For me I think its just the sitting down at night/whenever with everyone and getting to talk about whatever the moment deems the conversation should be about.

Two things for me. First is Christmas Morning.... I mean Monday morning when we wake up, get dressed, meet in the lobby and head to ECPC. Probably one of the most exciting things i keep thinking about. Second, that wednesday night when were all sitting around and the event is all but over and we are telling funny stories about the rounds of golf and dinners and all that takes place, looking around at 11 new brothers, looking around at all the SWAG we were loaded with..... its sort of surreal. Not that i would be looking past anything throughout the week, but that wednesday night is going to be so awesome

I'm looking forward to the first team dinner when pairings are announced. I constantly wonder how we are going to be set up to win the belt back.

Mine is spending time with my team and the Zoocrew. This is my second rodeo and I am excited to do things a bit differently!

What am I most excited about?

Its the ****ing Grandaddy of em all thats what I am excited about. Look around the landscape of golf and see if something like this exists. I know THP has in some ways spoiled Albatross Club Members with forum testing, contests, events that are incredible and even meeting people behind the scenes at companies. With all of that, it still doesnt take the luster off of the ****ing Grandaddy.

I get excited about a lot of things on THP. I get excited about seeing my friends in the industry at multiple places. I get excited about seeing THPers and watching them play and talk about equipment. But nothing brings my level of excitement like this event does. Go out to any golf course in the world and ask these 5 questions.

Would you like to play golf for a few days at one of the finest facilities in the world?
Would you like to test all of the latest and greatest at the nicest facility in the world?
Would you like to be given a bag full of that equipment by one of the best companies in the world?
Would you like to fly across the country, be taken to great restaurants and stay in a wonderful hotel for this?
And would you like to do it with no cost at all?

**** YEAH I WOULD!

THink about those 5 things for a second. I love you guys to death, but if Callaway told me I had to go play this with 11 homeless dudes I picked up along the way I would say "Sure thing, be right there...Do you mind if they shower first?". When Harry and I first spoke on the phone about this event a number of years ago it was to "create the impossible". The perfect weekend for golfers. Yes Callaway creates brand ambassadors (they hope) out of this and THP gets to host a once in a lifetime event that goes on year after year. Jason Finley has taken the ball and run with it and taken it to new levels. He deserves a big thank you (I think he likes hugs as much as I do).

With all the ******** going on in the world. Bring on the Grandaddy. With all the doom and gloom reporting on golf. Bring on the Grandaddy. With all of the trolling and passive aggressiveness because there is no quiz to get on the internet. Bring on the Grandaddy.

Its the greatest event ever planned for golfers and I work my tail off each and every day to make sure THP is up to snuff to partner with Callaway to host the damn thing. So if you ask me what am I most excited about...

THE ****ING GRANDADDY OF EM ALL is about to take place.

Its a week of a lifetime that I get to spend with people that love and care about the game as much as I do. Its a time when I dont have to be "on" and can be me around people that "get it". Its a dream come true to golfers and years ago when we came up with the idea for a Tour Van and THP Events, if you asked me to plan the perfect event...THIS WOULD BE IT!

Now Grandaddians do me a favor and copy and paste this post I just made somewhere. Now after the dust settles go back and read it and you tell me if it was anything you could have ever imagined. You tell me if it was perfection wrapped in a bow of special and then tucked under a tree made of ****ing greatness.

Its that god damn good!

Just got goosebumps. That post embodies everything that this event is.. Cannot wait to experience all of this in a few short weeks. Bring it on baby!

Oh I would lead 11 hobo's into battle in a heartbeat for this. No doubt! LOL!

That post is epic truth. Freaking filthy, epic, awesome, badass, truth.

Back