Matrix SpeedRulz Shafts - THP Review

The a type is a freaking blast.

I'll get into some more detailed thoughts in the morning for sure.

Those are some sweet looking shafts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havent been a lot of updates lately, but guess what THPers?
We are going to give some away beginning tomorrow.

Giving some away should kick up the updates!

Dan was very high on this shaft, looking forward to seeing how it performs for others.

Awesome! Matrix makes awesome shafts. People who win will be very lucky

Awesome to hear! A-Type please!!!

Nice! Love my red tie!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Holy. ..I am all eyes

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Awesome news

Based off Dan's reviews I would absolutely love this shaft. Someone on here is going to get lucky!

THP is on lately!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit the A type a coupe of weekends ago in an X flex and really came away impressed. I believe it was the counter balanced shaft and not one time did it feel like to much shaft. It was a bit heavier compared to my gamer but I saw very similar results in terms of launch and ball flight.
I've always had issues with Matrix shafts being too stiff and I was fearful of this when Dan allowed me to game the A type for 18 holes. It did not play like he Matrix I used to know. I wish I had the shaft in stiff so I could give it a proper look see but based on my weekend I'm sure this series of shafts will do well in a few drivers.

After my success with the Black Reign, I am certainly interested in this one!

I am still working on a clean comparison between the three shafts as it relates to spin and launch, however I have a very clear preference to the C-Type in terms of overall flighting and results generated. It appears to launch lower than the B-Type (which launches lower for me than the A-Type), and has a very controlled, limited response throughout the swing. I like that extra stability without the overly boardy feeling that can make a shaft feel 'bad' when swinging it. Based on their explanations of the Mangsa technology, I think it plays a huge role in the responsiveness of each shaft. Alongside that, the softer upper portion of the C-Type really provides that nice and smooth response.

From what I have read, there is a very limited weight differential between the three shafts, however I find the B-Type to profile as the heavier of the three. I find it interesting that Matrix encourages this design for golfers playing their drivers longer than usual based on the characterisitcs of the head. At around 45 to 45.25 in length, I still see the balance advantages of a profile like this one. It launched a bit higher and had a slighter larger dispersion than the C-Type in my testing, but I had quite a bit of success on course and on the range with it.

The A-Type, despite not being my preferred profile, really opens the door to feedback in the hands and through the contact zone. I was experiencing higher launch profiles, but still enjoying the complete package. There is a definitively different load with the A-Type, as there is a softer EI profile as you near the center point of the shaft (starting at the grip). I think this will make a big difference for golfers seeking that extra load, with launch and spin as a primary preference.

One of the things I really love about some of the new shaft tech is the visible design. Not only can you see the mangsa material, but you can actually feel it. That goes a long way to suggest that unique technology is being produced, unlike things such as the double bias wrap, which is present yet invisible in the final package. I really hope to be able to share some spin/launch differences in the next couple days. Stay tuned and I'll see if I can get some accurate reporting on that.

Can't wait to get my hands on the A Type I won today and put it in my GBB!

It will be great to have you in the mix BigTex! Did you select a red or black tip section?
Thanks! Went with the red tip to have a little contrast color. Going to match it with a red/black Multicompound grip.

Thanks! Went with the red tip to have a little contrast color. Going to match it with a red/black Multicompound grip.
Looking forward to seeing your set up. I would love to get in a round with you to see how this performs.

Can't wait for the review. I have used Matrix shafts for years with great results.

Can't wait for the review. I have used Matrix shafts for years with great results.

The review is up. Hit the home page this morning and the link is right above your post.

Thats a really good review Dan! I like how you pointed out about the C profile and while it may sound intimidating its a very good option. The couple swings i took with it felt really really solid

Back