ProSoft Vibration Dampening Inserts

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
I've not tried them, but they look like small bits of foam tubing/weather seal. I imagine they do the same thing.

What is the special tool? A screwdriver to shove them into the shaft?

I've used them quite a bit in the past and last season confirmed I will continue to do so. I started the season with a new set of irons without the inserts and after 2 rounds and a range session my elbow started aching. While I waited for my elbow to feel better I installed inserts. I played the rest of the year without pain. I don't use the installation tool, I get by with a skinny steel rod that allows me to get them inserted to their recommended depth. I don't think they are as effective as graphite shafts at reducing vibrations, but certainly better than nothing...and cheap.
I've not tried them, but they look like small bits of foam tubing/weather seal.
Weatherstripping does not allow airflow and may cause rusting issues from the inside of the shaft.

Played them for years in two sets of irons, love them. I found the vibration dampening to be significant as it took away all the harshness for me.

Still have both sets, only moved on due to curiosity about the CF16 irons that happened to have Steelfiber shafts. Irons worked better, fit better, so they're in the bag.

But I didn't switch because of any perceived improvement in vibration dampening. The difference in feel is substantial but vibration seems similar to me.

I bought them this winter and installed them in my Wilson V-4s. Have tennis elbow and wanted/needed to try something ASAP as I search for a new set of irons with graphite shafts. Dramatic improvement for me taking away vibration. Well worth the cheap cost but I'm still going graphite next month. This at least let's me play in the meantime.

Ok, so I bought 15 of these last night with the install tool. Looking forward to getting them so I can put them in some Humps to play.

Thanks for the advice.

Ok, so I bought 15 of these last night with the install tool. Looking forward to getting them so I can put them in some Humps to play.

Thanks for the advice.

They work well, I put them in every set I build. Sometimes I use the Sensicore inserts if the shaft needs some additional weight. I've found either do pretty well. Graphite to me feels the best for dampening though.

ProSoft Vibration Dampening Inserts

They work well, I put them in every set I build. Sometimes I use the Sensicore inserts if the shaft needs some additional weight. I've found either do pretty well. Graphite to me feels the best for dampening though.

I’m with you. Prosofts were a good in between fix, but graphite was leaps and bounds better.

I used them a few sets of irons ago and they work as intended. Probably the most cost effective means of vibration dampening available.

Back