The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I want to challenge each of the members of the 2015 #teamredemption to do a couple things.

1. Think back and pin point the biggest moment of your lives. I promise you this event is not it. This may very well be the most fun you've ever had for five days, in and around golf. But it will be a far cry from the biggest moment you have experienced to date. I ask you to focus on that event so that this event falls in line in terms of perspective.

2. Think about the best shot you have hit with every club in your bag. Not the last miss but the best shot you can recall hitting with your driver, 5 iron, putter, SW. The best shot with each club. Close your eyes and think back to that moment in time. Repeat those me memories everyday through the cup.

3. Do not second guess yourself on the course. Live by your decisions, own them and commit to every single shot. It doesn't require a lot of effort. You play the shot you know how to play until the ball is in the hole. Walk to the cart and add up the strokes. At the end of this adventure, you will walk away knowing you played every shot with conviction and resolve. And if it's your time, in fewer strokes then your opponent.

4. Freaking enjoy the hell out of your time with one another, our callaway family, the hideaway, the flight, the private car, the custom fitting, the tour, the dampness of early morning in SoCal, the dryness of the air and the blueness of the sky. You will only enjoy these things with a clear head. So when you board the plane for San Diego in a few weeks and that door closes. Know that you have put in the time, over thought this hole event, talked trash, bored others with your absolute giddiness and EARNED a spot on #teamredemption. This is your time, so smile secretly and let people wonder why the hell is he so happy. Know that you are a select crew being treated as VITHPrs. And that right there is pretty fern cool.

Have fun boys, play your asses off and make some memories!

Grandaddians,
What piece of equipment are you most looking forward to having in the bag?
And dont cop out with all of them, or "im just happy about fitting", etc...:D

Putter... I'm so anxious to be surrounded by Odyssey goodness

Not a Grandaddian but as someone following along, I would be most excited to try out the Apex hybrid, it looks sweet

Grandaddians,

Grandaddians,

right now? Putter, because it's a complete unknown to me. Whatever ends up in the bag will be something that I will have chosen while at ECPC. CF16 irons are 2nd, but the only choice I'm going to have to decide on them that day is the shaft.

I would be all over the Apex 2: Electric Boogaloo. The fitters would pry those from my hands before getting onto the bus for Hideaway.

Putters... either a number 9 with some sessy design (white damascus?) Or some center shafted #7, preferably with with a dark head. Normally I like milled and not white hot, but that works insert is intriguing

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would be all over the Apex 2: Electric Boogaloo. The fitters would pry those from my hands before getting onto the bus for Hideaway.

Ive been using them for weeks now and I never thought they could improve on the original this drastically.

Ive been using them for weeks now and I never thought they could improve on the original this drastically.

That's what I've heard, particularly with the standard Apex.

Very difficult to believe, because I think the Apex are about as good as it gets. But, I need to try out the new ones, and soon.

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Grandaddians,

Does the bag itself count? I love last years bag and can't wait to see which one we get. But since your question included the words "in the bag" I think I'm going to go with the GBB. I've only had a few tee shots with it but I love everything about it and can't wait to have one built for me

Grandaddians,

For me it has to be the Apex CF irons. Close second is Great Big Bertha, especially knowing that there are so many shaft options and I'll actually be fit to the best one for me.

Grandaddians,
The GBB driver. Also looking forward to the putter since I have no idea where I am going to go with that. But I know you said one so I will go with the driver

Putters? Cmon guys, that's like the most boring club in the bag haha.

I think that's a popular answer because many just don't know what they're going to end up with or what's going to be available

Does the bag itself count? I love last years bag and can't wait to see which one we get. But since your question included the words "in the bag" I think I'm going to go with the GBB. I've only had a few tee shots with it but I love everything about it and can't wait to have one built for me
Glad I'm not the only one excited to see what bags we get.

Putter... I'm so anxious to be surrounded by Odyssey goodness

you were rolling the works putter pretty well on Sunday.....you sticking with it or letting the putter wizards in Cali find you something else?

outside of shafts, it's the only thing up in the air for me. I honestly have no clue which one is going to end up in the bag, so for me that's pretty exciting. It's definitely not the sexiest answer.

I would be all over those myself!

you were rolling the works putter pretty well on Sunday.....you sticking with it or letting the putter wizards in Cali find you something else?

Will all depend on what's available. Putters are truly the unknown

Okay Grandaddians,
We want to hear from you.
What is the one fear you have going in, about the actual golf portion?

Okay Grandaddians,
We want to hear from you.
What is the one fear you have going in, about the actual golf portion?

Poor putting. I really hope I'm putting well because that is the make or break to playing to my handicap.

I can't wait to get them wedges in my bag!!!

What time is it, where am I? Sorry was daydreaming

And one more fear. Letting my team down. If I don't play well and it costs us that belt that wouldn't sit well.

Which is why I'm still working my butt off

Poor putting. I really hope I'm putting well because that is the make or break to playing to my handicap.

The great equalizer, putt well and the game will follow. Putt poor and 2nd guess a great deal. Just talk to your caddie, they will help

Back