The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Official Rant of the Day

Apple Store, they fixed one thing and broke another. These things are never right once they get taken apart.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Screw. This.

51ca6a6293a120cf22dc8c7b7538eb1b.jpg

Could they improve? Possibly. We have been having this issue for a while now. It can get bad enough to where it gets to the point where me and my dad will get so frustrated with each other that we won't talk to each other for the rest of the day. It kills me honestly. Some days are good but it is hard when it feels like your dad is choosing the business over you and that is where you have to separate family from business and realize why he is making certain decisions but it is not easy at all.

Right now I am almost having more bills coming in than money I make monthly. That is such a big issue and why I stay when I know the family will be better if I find a new job

What do you want to do for work?

This. Screw. This.

Dude I feel your pain. The snow just melted here and now it's coming down again. 3 days in the 50s coming up but with all the recent melt and temp in the 20s tonight it don't look good

This. Screw. This.

We had 17 inches of snow yesterday and it's now 8 degrees outside. I don't know why I continue to live here.

We had 17 inches of snow yesterday and it's now 8 degrees outside. I don't know why I continue to live here.
Holy crap. A friend of mine just went up that way for Thanksgiving week; Corsica, SD I think.

Trying to quote a job at work for window/doors/siding.

I have already had to revise one quote 3 times because people keep changing their minds (and that is just on interior doors).

This could be a long day.

Did you sell the job?

Did you sell the job?

Unknown. I give all my quote info to the bosses who then submit it for the job.

Even after their "deadline", they were still making changes to what they wanted.

I finally gave up and started work on another project (after having submitted 5th draft of my info).

Unknown. I give all my quote info to the bosses who then submit it for the job.

Even after their "deadline", they were still making changes to what they wanted.

I finally gave up and started work on another project (after having submitted 5th draft of my info).

Sometimes the same amount of work goes into the smallest order as it did for a large order.

I have an infected wisdom tooth, and it is by far the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life. I've birthed 2 children and had 1 other major surgery and this is worse then any of those. I was supposed to get them out 15 or so years ago but didn't. And now once a year, they get super painful. This time, is the worst ever. The oral surgeon wants $500 down prior to surgery which us middle class working folk don't have just sitting around to fork over.

End rant. It's my own fault, in tears this evening due to the pain.

On the positive note? I got my glasses and can now see. I'm still waiting for the real Mr V to arrive. This guys gotta be a fake #justkiddingloveyou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an infected wisdom tooth, and it is by far the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life. I've birthed 2 children and had 1 other major surgery and this is worse then any of those. I was supposed to get them out 15 or so years ago but didn't. And now once a year, they get super painful. This time, is the worst ever. The oral surgeon wants $500 down prior to surgery which us middle class working folk don't have just sitting around to fork over.

End rant. It's my own fault, in tears this evening due to the pain.

On the positive note? I got my glasses and can now see. I'm still waiting for the real Mr V to arrive. This guys gotta be a fake #justkiddingloveyou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#YouSaidIDo #YoureStuckWithMe #AtLeastIMakeCuteKids

Mulligan?

Trying to work on a document with 6 other people, when they don't all use the same tools, is frustrating to say the least. The last time I had to write/type references into a document by hand was ... well, never! Get a reference manager people, it's almost 2016!

Painting - New paint with primer already in it supposedly. Bought a yellow paint, going over a light blue. Person at the store says yeah no problem this will cover it right up. 2 coats in and still see the blue underneath. So now I have to go buy a primer and then paint the same wall for the 4th time!! Why not just tell a customer that you need a primer for certain colors, I'm no expert, but you supposedly are!! :angry:

Oh man that stinks jdtox.

Painting - New paint with primer already in it supposedly. Bought a yellow paint, going over a light blue. Person at the store says yeah no problem this will cover it right up. 2 coats in and still see the blue underneath. So now I have to go buy a primer and then paint the same wall for the 4th time!! Why not just tell a customer that you need a primer for certain colors, I'm no expert, but you supposedly are!! :angry:
That's just it, you don't need primer. Over used it many times and never had an issue. Maybe a bad can or not mixed enough.

That's just it, you don't need primer. Over used it many times and never had an issue. Maybe a bad can or not mixed enough.

Yeah I've thought that. The paint was bought Saturday and I painted yesterday, and I stirred pretty well before using. If the paint was a week old or so I could understand possibly not being stirred enough. Not sure if I should go back and complain or what. I have never had an issue with this brand before. I hate painting to begin with but man this stinks.

Yeah I've thought that. The paint was bought Saturday and I painted yesterday, and I stirred pretty well before using. If the paint was a week old or so I could understand possibly not being stirred enough. Not sure if I should go back and complain or what. I have never had an issue with this brand before. I hate painting to begin with but man this stinks.
Yes, the real rant should be painting, it sucks. Take it back and explain the situation. I'm sure they will take care of you.

man jdtox that sux. i have some similar concerns about one of the rooms i need to paint. so far no issues with other paint+primer including some rooms in my bils condo.

i would go back and complain.

Back in HS/College I did some summer working in my BIL's hardware store and had occasion to be in the paint department at times. One thing that I noticed that stuck with me is that the different color dyes had different weight, so a quart can of one color dye would weigh noticeably more than another. White dye was the heaviest by significant margin.

We had one fellow come in one morning to match a green sample he had. We mixed him up a quart can, showed him the match on the top of the can and sent him on his way. He came back the next morning complaining about the color being mismatched so we opened the can and sure enough it was darker than the dot on the lid. Our dept. manager grabbed a stir stick and started stirring with a scooping motion, going to the bottom of the can and pulling up, not unlike folding egg whites into a mixture. Gradually the paint lightened up to color match. Out of curiosity we went back and checked the formula and it contained about three times more white dye than any other color.

That's just an anecdote covering one of many things that can go wrong. The idea of a one step coating is nice but I don't put a ton of faith in it unless it's going up on a fresh wall. A first coat of primer tinted to be close in color to the final coat is the best way to proceed, IMHO.

My rant is when my wife cries. It makes me want to lash out at people.

She bought her mom a really heartfelt gift, today she got a text from her mom which was prefaced with "I know this is going to sound ungrateful" and followed by asking if the gift was for Amanda and she simply decided to give it to her mom instead...then asked "If so...why?".

What the hell? That's your DAUGHTER whose heart you have now broken and have calling me in tears and leaving me to clean up this mess for you and your lack of tact.

She bought her mom a really heartfelt gift, today she got a text from her mom which was prefaced with "I know this is going to sound ungrateful" and followed by asking if the gift was for Amanda and she simply decided to give it to her mom instead...then asked "If so...why?".

What the hell? That's your DAUGHTER whose heart you have now broken and have calling me in tears and leaving me to clean up this mess for you and your lack of tact.
Ugh sorry that happened dude. I feel your pain and I absolutely cannot stand to see a significant other or family member in general crying. Makes me want to go ape sh!t. Pretty crappy it's own her mom

Jesus, that is effed up. At least feign gratitude if you're too sh**ty to actually show a human emotion like appreciation, even if it's just for the gesture and not the actual gift...

Sorry to hear that man. My grandmother is like that to my mom and my aunt and it's a killer to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back