1st Contest - The 2018 Grandaddy of Em All - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2018 edition is coming and we have a captain and assistant captain, but need a full team of 11 THPers. This is contest #1 and you could be joining them.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included

Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway
Meet R&D
Play Golf against the Zoo Crew (Callaway Marketing team)
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be the one that leads the team.

DP_G4UHV4AAgqUd-S.jpg

The Contest
What you bring to the table...See below on how to enter.

Qualifying
You must be a 2018 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
This is an easy one for those that have followed along in the previous Grandaddy threads, but if you are new, that is okay too. Those live update threads exist and are worth the read for a trip like this. The Grandaddy is about Team THP vs the Zoo Crew in competition, but the event is about Team THP AND the Zoo Crew in every other facet.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to explain what makes the Zoo Crew unique in that they are without a shadow of a doubt, the only group that could host this event. All you have to do is post in this thread, the answer to that question...In 50 words or less.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until early next week.

Contest time!!!!!!! Whos joining us?!?!

1st Contest - The 2018 Grandaddy of Em All - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

The Zoocrew take the game and their responsibility to continuous innovation and consumers, very seriously. They put the consumer first with aim to dominate all aspects of their business. Their golf passion transcends into the Grandaddy event, an exclusive, surreal amateur experience and competition like no other. Explore, dream, discover.

Last edited:
gonna sit on the sidelines this year and watch the grandaddy unfold. good luck to all who enter. but if you don't enter, seriously whats wrong with you?! it's the grandaddy of em all!

gonna sit on the sidelines this year and watch the grandaddy unfold. good luck to all who enter. but if you don't enter, seriously whats wrong with you?! it's the grandaddy of em all!

booooooooooooo!

Can someone say Malort 50 times? I kid, haha!

Cool to see the contest season kicking off.

The Zoo Crew love golf, their jobs, and their potential customers for all the normal reasons but that is not the what makes them special. The unique description describes how much these people like other folks and treat them as friends and family!! I’ve never seen an OEM like Callaway!!!

Huge day on THP!!! Will gather my thoughts on this one and make a post in a little while.

Two reasons that immediately come to mind. 1. They love golf and more importantly want to have fun while playing or working. 2. They truly have the consumers best interest in mind and want what is best for the us. That is why only Callaway can rock this event.

The unique part about the zoo crew is the Passion they have for the game and everyone who plays it. A wholehearted view that the game should be fun and competitive for all who choose to play. Bottom line best team in the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandaddy contests are always a blast to read. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#zoocrew word association:
Incomparable personalities and talent.
Generosity. Authenticity. Realness.
As passionate as we are.
Selflessness on another level.
Players.
Weaponized geriatric dance parties.
Amigos forever.

There isn’t another group like the #zoocrew because they are the prototype for what other marketing and media groups aspire to be. The best.

The zoo crew has a leader that knows that passion is important, the entire team loves what they do, the company they do it for, and they truly love golf. They want Team THP to have a great time, because they’re proud of what they do and want to share.

Last edited:
My official entry...Good luck to all!

What makes the ZooCrew unique & the only marketing team who can pull off #TheGrandaddy?
Because they are:

Zealots who are
Officially
Obsessed with
Creating a
Rewarding
Experience while
Winning

booooooooooooo!

i am a man of very weak convictions. if i end up sitting on the sidelines all year, it will be out of respect for the mc sponsor and a commitment to their generosity and investment in me. but this is an event i have drooled over since i joined. the passion guys like you, mikeg and southern shred have shown is remarkable and i want to experience that too. i'm honestly still torn.

All the past Grandaddy videos and threads are full of the Zoo crew having fun which I think is so important. Sometimes we forget that golf is a game. A past time activity made for fun and the Zoo crew makes sure it stays fun.

YES! I am SO excited to see this thread. I love the entries so far!

The personalities and passion of the Zoo Crew make for a highly engaging experience for all involved. They truly want the expereince to be unforgettable for all involved and rally their vast resources to make it happens. And, let's be honest. They also have mad partying skills.

Honestly, all the reading, watching videos and googling I've done in the past month or two regarding the zoo crew doesnt seem to do them justice. These people are awesome. My official entry:

The Zoo crew is unique for this event because they are unequivocally the best marketing team in golf. It's family doing what they love, not employees. And you can see that in the genuine care and effort they put into every event. CG really chose a gifted group.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Zoo Crew embraces what THP is about and brings it together into the best amateur golf event the Grandaddy. Fun, golf, equipment and inclusion of all, that only comes from the greatest golf forum around, THP!!! And of course Wormwood liquor!!

The Zoo Crew want nothing more than to kick your ass and take names. Even more than that though, they want every single participant of the Grandaddy to have the time of their lives and leave CA loving the game more than you ever thought possible.

With the Z Crew, its straight passion. Passionate for the game, Passionate for the amateur customer base, and Passionate for their equipment to be the best. When you have a passion like that it makes it easy.

Thanks THP and Callaway

The Grandaddy and the Zoo Crew a match made in heaven. Only an event this spectacular could attempt to wrangle all of those egos into one cohesive unit. Any other situation if you put Harry, Finley, AJ, Hashtag etc.. into a group it would be more like the Hunger Games.

It kills me that I can't attempt to get in this year due to the project I'm working on and the fact that I won't be able to take vacation in December as we get ready to go live.

Get your entries in boys and girls, an amazing time awaits.

The Zoo Crew are the type of people that geek out about this event possibly more than we do. Their passion for the Grandaddy is addicting. They cut no corners or leave out small details, they just strive to provide the most unbelievable experience for THP’ers.

Back